Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5441055 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. 23 here. Deer stand maintenance day. At least it's not raining.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. No precip, yet. Band of snow staying to the south so far & sounds like it'll hold off until after lunch. Need to get mentally prepared to harvest dogwood. Think I'll make some oatmeal, have some coffee and see what else needs doing. Got everything done yesterday except putting the heaters back in the water tanks and taking the birdbath in. Pitter patter, let's get at 'er!
« Last Edit: October 10/28/23, 08:03:16 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 26 here & we'll top out at 31. Got the boat put to bed yday, pulled a couple other batteries too. Still have 1 mower with the battery in it though. Will get the blade & chains on the Grizzly soon too. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son and I are heading to the land for what I hope will be another adventure. Plan to do some bow hunting and finishing anything that needs to be done before rifle season. This is the weekend when most local hunters hit the woods to build or repair deer stands so that, along with the rut starting should make for some interesting sits.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is cloudy and 25 here.  Sure looks like winter.  Just think, we were fishing in 65 degree weather on Tuesday.  What a change.  Now my alternator is weak on the plow truck so I ordered a heavy duty one.  120 amps I believe.  The regular one is 80 amps.  I may go pick that up or just wait till Monday.  I am hurting today.  Hip hurts and I got a hemorrhoid bugging me.  That's what happens when not doing enough stool softeners.  My own darn fault.  Did a lot of lifting the last week too that may have contributed to it.  The wife goes away for a few days and all he77 breaks loose.  Thank god she is back home.  LOL  Well you all have a great day. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 15 here this morning. Heading for 29 it says. Getting ready to head out the the bow stand again. Thinking I am going to bring a sleeping bag with today. I had trouble keeping warm yesterday. Only seen 1 deer yesterday. And it is still walking. We got the dock out yesterday in between hunts and moved the houses up by the house. Today we will park the camper there and cover it for winter. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here and might see 32 today..   staying warm is huge JB!!!   good luck...   not much on the agenda today..  and I'm ok with that..  have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 24 last I looked & headed to 30, I hear. Looks like a full moon to me but the calendar says it was actually yday. There's a load of clothes in the dryer already, so that'll be my putzin project today. Did get the blade on the Grizzly yday, so that's in the garage waiting for the chains to be put on. Most likely go get a paper in bit too. :scratch: No more now, hopin your Sunday's a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It was 23 degrees here at the 0300 bathroom break this morning. May have to do the 3M window treatments here today and grind up some leaves with the Cub. I hope the team that played Monday night shows up today at GB. Have a great day all. later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was 12 when the wife got up.  Bright sunshine though feels good.  Not a lot going on today and that is fine with me.  Just going to relax and give the body a break.  I need to do that more often I think.  The wife mentioned I should take a warm bath with epson salts.  Sounds relaxing.  Mayhaps during happy hour.  LOL  Well lets root Americas purple team on today.  We should be able to Smack the Pack. Later.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Had about .2" of snow that melted out to .01" of liquid equivalent precip. Turned the furnace on yesterday. 62 in the old part of the house where there is no floor heat. More bushes & plants to winterize then dig cannas. Overachived yesterday so will ratchet it down a notch today. Don't want the wife to expect that when she's around. :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/29/23, 10:22:20 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers....... got back home about 10 ish. my body is hurting  :doah: spent 4 1/2 hours in the woods yesterday clearing trails to deer stands, taking one down and revising another one.  it aint taj mahal like boars but got more room, and a seat finally. :happy1:

have had enough of cutting splitting stacking and hauling wood for the year!!!!!!

that moon was so bright last night thought the kid kept leaving the yard light on!!!!! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/29/23, 12:43:06 PM by glenn57 »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, the moon was something else last night. I took this photo about an hour and a half after sundown. Spectacular view of the night sky.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 16 here and heading for 30 today. I sat until 11 yesterday morning and seen no deer. What a difference the sleeping bag made. I stayed way more comfortable. On the afternoon we cut down a couple of half dead trees that are next to where we park the camper. We were going to cover it but there is snow and ice on top yet making it slippery. So it will have to wait some and hope it gets warm enough to melt off. Then we cut a bunch of firewood and loaded up the shed. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  15 here this morning and heading for 28 for a high.  Depending on what the wind does I might get out with the boat today.   Going to try and do some crappie school locations for early ice.  Should give me a couple spots to start at least.  And as long as I am scouting I may as well fish a bit too.  It's getting close to calling it a year for the boat.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here and might see 33 today..   and then might see some snow today too..  have fun Scenic!!  did get a few things done yesterday, nothing big..  got a few things I'd like to do today..  we will see..   have a good day all!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well as usual there's a couple things that pop their ugly head up the week before I go deer hunting. First off the furnace quit working, doing the same thing as last Spring. Someone's phone will ring shortly. Wife tells me the drain downstairs is slow and that means a garden hose running water needs to be pushed through it to clean the black sludge out that comes from washing machine detergent. Also need to change the wheels out on the pick up. Put the AT3s back on. Have a great day all, I'm going to try to, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Good morning boys and girl.  Was 12 when the wife got up and we may see 30 today.  Man Mark you need and assistant to help you get all of your chores done.  Dotch too.  Maybe you could share one. I have the 98 Dodge plow truck in the garage.  I need to start a fire in there today and  change the alternator.  For our anniversary and other occasions I usually buy some scratch offs for us.  We opened two $50 winners.  That will turn into a hundred dollar bill for our fun fund.  16 glorious years we have been married.  Went fast too. Couldn't be happier.  Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to the both of ya's LPS!!!    :happy1: :happy1: :Clap: :party3:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 21 here & looking for 31 later. Snow likely late afternoon here too, how much depends on who you listen to. TWC's site says < 1" but Duluth TV says maybe 2". :scratch: As usual, I have a couple things to get me going & have to see where that takes me . 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations to to and the wife Barry!!  :party3:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 18 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Nice to see some sun. Waiting for it to warm up a tad outside before making a move. Fountain was froze so put the heater in one water tank this a.m. Was still thawed yesterday morning enough to get by. Today not so much. Got the canna bulbs dug or as many as I plan on yesterday. Ground was a little sticky but it's been worse. Once I got a wash tub & a couple 2 bu. baskets full I took the tractor and loader to haul them over to the garage. Skidded them inside and shut the door. Done. Also put the bunny barrier up around the hydrangea & covered some of the astilbes so the bunnies don't eat them. Found bigger plastic pots to cover the coral bells as they really grew. Finish that some night after work. Have some screenings to pick up at the neighbors. Looks like he might be done picking finally. Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Barry!  :cheerleader: :party3:   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......done at the store. the reports of snow caught ne off guard......wanna get some leaves cleaned up. any luck some will blow into the dipsh!t neighbors yard now that he just got done cleaning up his!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  back in the south metro.  The kid pooch and I tried real hard chasing roosters,  shot a couple tickled a some and shot n realesed the others..lol. good to be home tho, that 20° and wind beat us up. Remi did real good, the cooler temps helped the old fellar,  he got a bath when we got home and has been a slug since. I did manage to chop leaves in the back yard, but I spose tomorrow I won't notice.  Out west the trees are bare already,  we did do some grinding of leaves as we shut the cabin down til the spring.  We'll gotta go back to work to take a break...See ya!!! Oh yeah,  congrats lps!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girls. 30 here this morning and heading for 33. The wind is blowing up to 22 mph straight out of the north coming 3of the lake. It certainly didn't need to do that. Going to work half day today and then come home top off the wood boiler. Then head south to Mayo. Doctor wants me to come down for some tests. And since my out of pocket is met for the year. Guess I will do it.  I will have to restart the wood boiler Thursday night when we get home. Hopefully the house doesn't get to cold . The cement holds heat for awhile.  Otherwise getting for a half day in the salt mines. Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
25 this morning and maybe an inch of snow. I did get a bunch of leaves ground up yesterday along with the drain flushed out and the furnace got fixed. Dug out deer rifles and put away trap and sporting clays shotguns too. Truck is headed to repair place today I use to get tires changed out for Winter and the side boards need to be put on the tandem trailer so we can put out hide boxes tomorrow. Good thing I'm headed North on Thursday to get some rest. ;) Congrats on the anniversary Barry and Mrs. Time for Craigslist, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Oh how the weather has took a turn.   22 here and WINDY!!  We only got about 1/4" of snow but last night it was sprinkling rain on top of it for just a bit.  Glossed things up really good.  The roads yesterday afternoon were like a skating rink.  I seen a few down in the ditches.    I believe I am going to get some computer work done and then might spend the day in the shop working on a new smoker build. We picked up a large commercial double door stainless freezer.  Plan is make a pellet smoker out of it.  Be safe if you have to travel.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and might see 30 today..  very windy here too..  looks like a solid inch of snow too..  above what melted..  mn 511 is very colorful this morning too...  got a few things I want to do today, we shall see..   have a good day all..   

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning everyone, 27 down here with light snow when I stepped out of the door to go to work at six this morning.
Dang windy too !! I saw a poor chicken lay the same egg three times, she really squawked the third time it went back in because it was sideways !
Looks like its going to warm up starting tomorrow, I hope so, not ready for this stuff yet.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin everybody, 27 @ 1st peek here too & we might hit 32 later. Still a couple spots where a little grass is visible but that's it. 'Bout 2" here, I'd guess. Worked on my driveway wood project a bit yday early, but that wind picked up & ended that. A short list today again. No more now, have a good 1.