Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321979 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 27 here & we're headed for 55. Very glenn-like ;) :smiley:, gusts to 30, here again yday. But still made it back here by a little after 1. Casey's down the street was $2.99 yday when I left town & I got it for $2.69 at WM over in Mason City. My brother said he got it for $2.57 at Sam's in Waterloo yday. Got some some runnin I like to do today, but that's about it. Have a great day.
« Last Edit: December 12/07/23, 07:23:42 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 26 and headed to 47 today.  39 tomorrow.  When I mentioned to the wife that she may have to help me put the fish house out this year she said there will be no fish house this year. lol  We shall see.  lol  Man it is dark yet.  Will be nice to see that change in a couple of weeks.  No big plans today.  And I mean no big plans.  Mark, I bought an 8hp snowblower in the perfect storm snowstorm.  It has a Tecumseh on it.  Always started just fine.  I put it on my wood splitter when I made it. That primer bulb the 25 cent hose cracked on it so it wasn't priming no matter how much I pumped it.  Figured it out and put a new hose on it.  I pump till I see gas dripping and usually starts on the first pull of the year if the hydraulic oil is warm enough.  BUT I hear ya.  Nothing worse than a motor that doesn't start right up.  I have a spare one too.   :sleazy:  Well I think I will have a second cup of coffee whilst I plan my day.  Later.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With this warm weather I have wondered how the ice is on the river.  With me kind of bunged up and my buddy upriver that I fish with a lot bunged up too we haven't been out yet.  Usually we would have been by now.  Well this morning the river is dark as can be and looks like spring is here and it is getting ready to open up.  I will keep you posted. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. That's the normal high for Oct. 22nd here. Be interesting to see what happens with the lake ice the next couple days. Supposed to be windy again tomorrow so might be toast for a few days anyway. Put another bale in the brood ewe lot yesterday & hooked up to the chit spreader. Got it all greased except the one knuckle. It's difficult enough to see when it's light out and even harder when it's dark. Should finish greasing that, the tractor & skidsteer, then I'm ready to tear into it. Need to prune a branch or 2 off the bur oak 1st so it doesn't tear the flashers off the tractor on the way out to the field. Wife also needs more dogwood too. I'm beginning to think they're selling the stuff thru the flower shop to the Indians to make kinnikinnick. Glad to hear the x-ray didn't reveal anything worse than it did Barry. Enjoy the beautimous day all!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: December 12/07/23, 10:02:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   39 degrees and Sunny..it Dec.   The lake turned black out here yesterday and it looks like it does in April.   We need some cold. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   39 degrees and Sunny..it Dec.   The lake turned black out here yesterday and it looks like it does in April.   We need some cold.

same here
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers..........getting ready to go out for the day......beer is in the cooler and start my fire!!!!!! hopei dont set sunburn!!!!!!! :shocked: :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Glenn.  Afternoon peoples 55 on my way home earlier and I ain't complaining.  Sat patio side playing with the pooch in short sleeves, that's after I dug a chair otta the shed, even took glass cleaner and armor all to the inside of the pick em up for something to do outside.  Gots tomorrow off so extra shut eye will be nice, yeah I might hafta battle some people  Xmas shopping tomorrow....oh joy. Anywho frozen pizza is getting the nod tonight....See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Glenn! Although you could use a taller can koosie to hide the water yur drinking.. :rotflmao:  ;)  :moon:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool beans glenn
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and supposed to make 37. Sounds like some rain and then turning to snow this afternoon. Going to be a work from home day today. The phone company is coming for the final step to hook us up to fiber optics. Then after he leaves I plan to grab the smoke pole and head out hunting. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 this morning and getting to the upper 40's today...   saying rain or snow tonight here also...  ice will be taking a hit for sure..   be safe out there!!  got a few things to do today..   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39 currently & shootin for 54 today here. :scratch: Think we beat that by a bit yday as I seen 55 on my car ~1 on my run to the redemption center. A short list today again, so it'll be my normal start to the day & see what happens after that. Hopin your Friday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 36 and should get up to 40 here on the river.  for it to get light to see what the river looks like today.  Looks like a big front coming in from the west and north later today.  It is coming slower than what they thought yesterday.  I don't think we will get much.  I just jinxed us.  I am getting along better every day.  Not using the cane all of the time now.  I did use it to get out to Bucko yesterday though.  Better safe than sorry.  The wife gets up earlier than I and Bob was in my recliner.  Jake was trying to get up with her but she moved.  We are now waiting to see how long before they do lay there together.  Love their interactions as she is getting him trained pretty well.  Well no big plans for the day around here. TGIF

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........well all done with the jerky. bow clean the dehydrator!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: fire and beer was great last night. pretty sure it was the first time ever in December!!! :happy1:

heading to paynseville later to a flag pole place to hope they have the "ORIGINAL" Minnesota state flag. screw the WOKE people! fill a 20 lb propane tank also!!!

wifey took a drive past the lakes, she said doesnt look like anybody's been out on them yet!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see the river now.  Doesn't look like any holes in the ice but it is really wet.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Should be perfect weather for processing the buck I shot yesterday evening. Shooting a deer with a bow (crossbow) while hunting alone as the day comes to an end is not the ideal situation. I was afraid I could be in for a long night. The stars were aligned just right and with lights I was able to track the deer which had fallen dead after a 30–40-yard run into the woods. On top of that, the bucks head was actually lying on a wheeler trail, so I was able to simply drive to it and pull it into the trailer. Also, being 45 degrees out, gutting the deer was a pleasant experience.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice buck deadeye. Headed to Grand Rapids right now for the weekend. Hope there's no deer om the roads, like to drive faster than I should. Have a great weekend everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice buck deadeye. Headed to Grand Rapids right now for the weekend. Hope there's no deer om the roads, like to drive faster than I should. Have a great weekend everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
iffin you head to the MDHA headquarters say Hi to Alice from me!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of deer on the road. Last night as we were coming home from Roseau we were east of Warroad and pulled onto to Co Rd 12. There was a car ahead of us and it's brake lights came on and you could see the deer in their headlights. They continue on and the wife says, " I don't know how they missed that deer. Well, we get up there and we can see the deer flopping in the road. /the jerks didn't even stop to check on it. So it tries to get up and falls back down. So, great. I get to go finish it off. And all I have is a little pocket knife. The wife hasn't put the buck knife back in the car yet. So we decide to wait a bit hoping that maybe it just got knock a little silly. Well after a couple of minutes I said to start pulling up closer so I could go check on it. As she did the deer decided to try and get up again. And that it did. Stood up on all 4 took a couple of steps. Stopped and turned and looked at us. then proceeded to walk down the ditch and into the woods. Yay! Hoping he survived. He looked good when he walked off. Looked to be a fork horn. Still don't get why they didn't bother stopping and check though. Jerks!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
A city slicker wouldn't know what to do one way or the other.  Hope the little guy makes it.  Deer can be tough suckers.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
A city slicker wouldn't know what to do one way or the other.  Hope the little guy makes it.  Deer can be tough suckers.

2nd that and good for you JB!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well ya, how do you not want to at least backup and check it out better?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, my brother out in wisconsin says its unbelieveable how many people drive by a deer on the road not checking if its still good.  :confused: like he said Wisconsin cant get enough people to shoot deer!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

hell, i'm not to proud i come across a fresh road kill......i'm like boar, i'll grab it!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. A little breezier today perhaps but we'll take it. Ranch thermometer topped out at 54 yesterday. Didn't get to chit hauling but dumped the last of the gourds the wife had stashed in the garage & pruned a couple limbs off the bur oak tree. Stuffed a 5 gal. bucket with dogwood & pruned back at least a dozen dogwood bushes. Should encourage more new growth for next year. Guessing that'll score me all kinds of brownie points. As if...:rolleyes: Should get to at least one of the manure piles today. If I get the other one done tomorrow I'll be in good shape to start on the main barn. That's some hard pack so it'll give the tractor & spreader a workout. Should get some license tabs & maybe make a FF run if time allows.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wadda do in your spare time Dotch!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got home from completing my Christmas shopping...   stopped at the bank and got cash and holiday envelops...   one stop shopping!!!   and they even had cookies for the customers too!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like everyone is getting things done today.  I wouldn't even remember all of the things Dotch does in a day..   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Skinned the deer, quartered it up and deboned everything. My wife helped cut and wrap the venison. All done for the season now, I guess... I still have a bonus tag.  :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***