Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321989 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
got me my Minnesota state flag today before the fruitcakes in st paul changes it.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: they had a bunch and said there's been quite a few picking them up. wouldnt surprise me in the least once the new WOKE one  comes out they make it illegal to fly the real one.  :doofus: eff them! :happy1:

went to fill a propane tank for the cabin......14.97. the guy filling it pointed out that tank was outdated........older then 10 years. said people from the big city would fill there and some places in the cities wont fill them because there outdated, said as long as they dont get told they cant there still fillin them.

hw2 23 from richmond to paynseville is done and pretty nice!!!!! 4 lane all the way!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I decided it was time to do a thorough cleaning of my chimney for the wood stove on the shop. I only got about a coffee can full of soot for three years that's not bad. I found that my elbow on the bottom and the first section of stovepipe needed replacing badly.went to town to get parts but I ended up driving to Mankato. Got things together yesterday and spent some time cleaning things up and putting tools away this morning. Then I got a good fire going and burnt the paint off the new pipes. Gives me peace of mind that everything is as it should be for the winter.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's good to hear Glenn,  been a few years since I took 23 to the cabin and having extra lanes is a plus. It's amazing how that route has changed over the years. That's good news roony,  I have brushes and rods here that I swab the chimney yearly,  like you said it's a piece of mind while burning.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and blowing and snowing. Headed for 31. The power started flickering about 4:30 then went completely out. Flickers every now and then for the last hour. I went out and hooked up a generator to the wood boiler to keep the pumps running on it. If they stop the stove temp keeps climbing until the temperature relief valve blows. And then it dumps a bunch of the water and antifreeze out. My first idea of shutting the breaker off to the shed and then plug Genny into outlet didn't work. It worked for lights, but not the pumps. I had to wire right to the switch to get them to work. Not the easy peasy I was hoping for. But the pumps are circulating. That's what matters at the moment. I am guessing with the fine windy snowy weather there is a tree down some where. Since the power flickers every now and then. So much for hunting this morning. Oh well. Tis miserable out there anyway. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn what is the name of the place where you got your flag? Maybe they will ship if I call them.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept a  little extra this morning..  30 and might see 32 today..  yesterday didn't get past 40 when they said it would get to 47..   not much for snow yet..  have a good day all!!

JB I ordered my flag from Amazon if that helps ya...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn what is the name of the place where you got your flag? Maybe they will ship if I call them.
its out of Paynseville mn.

called flagpole country LLC
toll free 800-207 4927......they open on monday now!!

they have 3 different sizes.......2 X 3.........3 X 5 and the big one. i got the 2 X 3......bill was 32.14 i believe. yea i dont seem to think that would be an issue!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........yea JB screw Amazon!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: sorry mike!!!!!! :sleazy:

got the feeling yesterday with the weather for today and pretty much got caught up on my list i'd get bored today, so took out the turkey bones and gonna cook up me a big batch of soup!!!!!!!

been keeping an eye on the extended weather......... :confused: :shocked: :confused: i'm getting abit concerned about my trip over new years to the cabin already...........sheez!!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning......23 here and snowing. Been snowing since midnight. Really windy. 26 gusting to over 30. Everything is white again. :pouty:

Going to watch North Dakota State play South Dakota in the FCS quarter finals today. On ABC at 1:30. Big game for us around here. Go Bison. :party3:
« Last Edit: December 12/09/23, 08:01:56 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we did get some snow over night, light coating on the sidewalk and driveway...  cty road looks covered too... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  What a wealth of info I have read here already this morning.  It is 27 and snowing and windy as heck.  The trees are really moving.  Ken thanks for the mention of the game.  I have family that went to Brookings so lean towards SDS in the game.  Will be tuned in.  Go Jackrabbits.  LOL  Not a lot going on today.  Got dog poop picked up garbage out and Bucko brushed yesterday without the cane.  I don't lock the knees in case the pups smash into me.  The wife took out a nice chicken to put in the Ronco rotisserie today.  Man that turns out just luscious.  Well the dogs need to run, later. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 36 here & headed for 38. It was nice here yday but I'm not sure we quite made 54 like they predicted either. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 35 with mist at choretime and that's about where the temp's likely to top out. Already fallen to 33. Some snow heading at us most likely afternoon. High at the ranch was 50 yesterday. Finished greasing everything up & hauled a couple monster loads of chit before chores last nite. Everything seemed to hang together, something you have to keep in mind with the age of the equipment. Spreader is ~30 yrs. old, skidsteer is 47 & the tractor is 52. All of it has been relatively well maintained so that helps but it's no surprise if something breaks either. Very lucky to have to neighbor mechanic's shop just down the hill. Plan is to get the pile hauled in the lambing barn lot today then switch the bucket over to the forks on the skidsteer for tomorrow. Gotta read the Albert's Leaf paper to see who's dead and best get at it. I heard the Flannel Fuhrer is planning on reinstating the snitch line & sending flag non-conformists like glenn & Barry to the gulag for reeducation.  :evil:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good luck with that!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Well just plain crappy out here.  32 and light mist.  Wind is blowing like crazy and the ground is white.   Today I think I am just going to find something at home to do. 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 35 here and looking at maps the light snow isnt far off. We have Xmas with da wife's side this afternoon,  lots of people so we've been having them at a hotel here in town,  lotsa fun but it'll be nice to get it over with..lol. Anywho best get the chili ready....See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's only 3 things i like about christmas.....not neccesarily in order....
1) getting most the kids together for a while.
2) the food.
3) the day after!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

they have 3 different sizes.......2 X 3.........3 X 5 and the big one. i got the 2 X 3......bill was 32.14 i believe. yea i dont seem to think that would be an issue!!
You can get their premium 3 X 5 nylon flag for $23 here. https://www.amazon.com/Anley-Breeze-Foot-Minnesota-State/dp/B0CM2X3W8J/ref=sr_1_5?crid=26M0QV0ISN777&keywords=mn%2Bstate%2Bflag&qid=1702133441&sprefix=Mn%2Caps Great reviews too, find something else you need to get free shipping if you don't have Prime, & you might even be able get it by Monday.  :sleazy: :evil:           ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You can get their premium 3 X 5 nylon flag for $23 here. https://www.amazon.com/Anley-Breeze-Foot-Minnesota-State/dp/B0CM2X3W8J/ref=sr_1_5?crid=26M0QV0ISN777&keywords=mn%2Bstate%2Bflag&qid=1702133441&sprefix=Mn%2Caps Great reviews too, find something else you need to get free shipping if you don't have Prime, & you might even be able get it by Monday.  :sleazy: :evil:           ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: i way prefer to support the small business guys!!!!!!!! :happy1: besides, i bet ole Amazon dont fill propane tanks!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: i way prefer to support the small business guys!!!!!!!! :happy1: besides, i bet ole Amazon dont fill propane tanks!!!!!
That is not the correct/original one either. We want the original one the has the musket leaning on the stump. Not the PC one. If we can find it.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah. Power finally came back on just after 8 this morning.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/09/23, 10:02:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning......23 here and snowing. Been snowing since midnight. Really windy. 26 gusting to over 30. Everything is white again. :pouty:

Going to watch North Dakota State play South Dakota in the FCS quarter finals today. On ABC at 1:30. Big game for us around here. Go Bison. :party3:

I got it figured out now.  SDS Brookings Jackrabbits plays Villanova at 11.  SDS Vermillion Coyotes play NDSU Bison at 1:30 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
[/quote]

I prefer to support them as well right up until they feel that my single purchase should support their store and I have to feel violated when leaving.  I understand the need and want to help them out but in some cases my pockets are not that deep.  Yesterday is a good example...bought a windshield washer pump for my truck.  Called parts stores (couple of them) here. One was $39.99 we can order it for you and have it on Monday.  One was $34.99 and we can order it for you.  Dealer was $49.99 we can order it for you.     EXACT OEM model number on Amazon $13.99....I can order it too without the nearly 300% mark up AND I will have it on Monday too.   Ever wonder where some of those parts stores and shops get their parts that they "order" for you? 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly Scenic!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't agree more. What is best for me is what I am concerned about.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

That is not the correct/original one either. We want the original one the has the musket leaning on the stump. Not the PC one. If we can find it.
this had me real curious.....so i looked.......yep  :happy1: has the gun up against the stump!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I may have to get one too.  Are you going to put them on a flagpole at your houses or is it just to have one in case they change them?  I can see it either way.