Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5322064 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning All.   22 here this morning and supposed to be 43 today.   Had 52 at one point yesterday.  Could actually rake my yard but I think I will pass on that yet.   Working on other projects today!!! 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Pretty thick fog this morning.
      Only thing on my calendar for today is keeping an eye on my wife. She had a procedure done in Rochester yesterday so she's in a little pain and discomfort. More concerned about her blood sugar. We've been here before, though, so nothing new or critical.
      Might be a good day to sharpen some chainsaw chains.
      I'm also starting to consider getting another dog. Still not there yet. I do kind of miss that.
      Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just got up.  Was hurting so didn't sleep good last night so got up and read for awhile.  I have therapy today so will be hurting when that is over too.  Not looking forward to it. Beautiful sunny morning here.  Maybe it will get as warm as yesterday with the sun out.  You all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 31 at choretime with dense fog, heading for a high in the upper 40's. Topped out here at 54 yesterday. Fog burned off so looks like another splendid day here in Bugtussle and environs. Two more sets of twins born overnite, waiting for us when we did chores this a.m. Nothing going on at 10 when I was out there so the ewes snuck them in under the cover of darkness. One set of twins is black and the other has one of each. Kinda interesting to know who is carrying the black gene when you get black offspring out of white ewes & rams.  :scratch: Some bills to pay & will see where it goes. Could be a glenn day complete with nap later on... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so Mark.......are they actually giving you money for scrap iron????

Glenn, Where I have been taking it no. It's either drive five miles to landfill and give it away or 17 miles and get $4.84 (guess) for a pick up load. Doesn't pay when I bring only 400 to 500 pounds. The trailer in the picture was 5x10 steel trailer that made about 1,000 trips from here to Emmaville in it's lifetime. Today I'd like to take apart a boat trailer from the 1950's my brother drug home and make it into a usable trailer with the parts I savaged from this one. I'll post a picture of that boat trailer and you'll see why it's worthless in it's current state. It has 1 7/8" hitch on it. Other than that have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: i hear yea........i didn't get nuttin when i brought a bunch of scrap cleaning out mom and dads garage either. but i saved some iron i thought i might use.......i like working with metal........wood not so much!!!

morning fellers.....done at the store. mayhaps a few outside things today......definitely a nap!!!!!!!  :happy1: biggest project decide when i'm gonna have my beer and fire..........momma is leaving me unsupervised tomorroa and most of sat, so.......... :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sue just got back   from st cloud. Gas is 40 cents cheaper at Luvs then in town Here  :confused:

She made a  Costco stop. Pineapple  oranges, bananas, grapes and strawberries.. oh yummy nummy! :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fruit sounds good.  Gas is $2.89 here in town.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
$2.99 in Bugtussle at the WWC (World's Worst Casey's) tonite.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: February 02/01/24, 06:19:20 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, there might be some serious competition for that WWC title. I avoid our closest one as much as possible.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, they seem to have a competition on varying degrees of bad at the Casey's around here. At the one in Bugtussle, you had to have a requisite number of piercings & tattoos along with a snarly attitude plus poor hygiene to work there. Being a heavy smoker so you could take lots of breaks was also a definite plus. The one time I went there to order a sandwich and I was the only guy in there. I'd made up my mind what I wanted and there was an employee leaning against a cart looking right at me. I spoke up and said "I'd like to order a sub, please". The employee sighed and snottily said, "You have to ring the bell!" There was a bell there, but I mean what the actual ____, people! Now they don't make subs to order anymore at any of their locations. They were one of the few decent things they had going for them aside from the pizza. And I won't order that from the one in Bugtussle. The one in Ellendale is a step up. They don't screw the orders up and I've never found hair in my pizza like I have from the one in Bugtussle.     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, there might be some serious competition for that WWC title. I avoid our closest one as much as possible.

2nd that... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Seems like most the employees at the one near me in Paradise are real close. I think they're all drinking buddies. They're always glad to see you leave.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF !23 here and heading for 34 today it says. Gas is 2.89 I Warroad and Roseau also. Got my 100 lbs propane tank filled and then did the grocery shopping last night. Couple of buddies coming up fishing tomorrow.for the day. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31 here & we should make 40 later. Got my big project done yday :rolleyes:, that was finishing my taxes. Even got 'em e-filed  :happy1: & it looks like it took the IRS ~ 2 minutes to accept my Federal, still nothin back from Iowa yet. That's normal though. Not sure what's up today yet. Might have to see if I can get the car washed this AM before they start to get a line goin. 'Bout it here, have a great Ground Hog day.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/24, 06:48:31 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and they say 40 for us today..  got a few things that I will be doing today...  always something...   have a good day all!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  23 now and could see 40 today.  Really dark yet.  I saw somewhere that we have gained an hour of daylight so far but must be mostly in the afternoon.  No big plans for the day.  Just take it as it comes.  LOL  I think I will start a fire in the garage to get it dried out some. Just going to enjoy the day.  How much does it cost to fill up a 100 lb tank JB?  I have 2 of them I haven't used for a few years.  What are they worth?  Not sure if I will ever use them again.  Well TGIF.  Have a good one.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, in Roseau they charge $.75 per pound no matter what size tank and they weigh them so you only get charged for what is put in. Warroad is over a buck per pound for the same thing. I have 3 100 lbs tank. I picked 2 of them up used about 4 years for $50 for the pair. Another was given to me and the 4th one I paid $40 for about the same time. I gave 1 of the tanks to my kid.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......oh the good old days of 100lb propane tanks......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  :rotflmao: when mom and dad bought the cabin all the lights, stove and fridge ran off propane. heat was a 2 burner fuel oil stove. never failed.......propane ran out about 10 pm most every time. good thing we had a good relationship with the store, we could just go get one and pay the next day.

no big plans for today.  i'm unsupervised  :evil: a trip to st cloud is in order.......runnings for garden seeds, FF for a few things, maybe even a stop at scheels!!!!! no fire and beer tonight......working the store tomorrow morning!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am hoping that we can have a fire tomorrow afternoon.  We shall see.   :sleazy:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Nice sunrise this morning. Not sure what's on the agenda for today.
      It is 31°, sunny with a ESE wind. Stay safe, everyone.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. TGIF. No newbies overnite so chores aren't any worse, yet. Still bottle feeding a the first 2 born 4x a day so that's plenty. Got a really nice text from Auntie Mar Mar this a.m. Last weekend I gave her one of my recent Studebaker Turning Wheels magazines. It contained an article about the Weasel, an amphibious landing and transport vehicle that Studebaker manufactured for the WWII effort. Thought maybe her little 102 year old Mexican neighbor who fought in the Battle of Tarawa might enjoy it since he's into WWII stuff. Mar Mar text messaged me that Lupe loved the magazine and won't quit telling his daughter about it. I had no idea he ran a repair garage and taught automotive at Albert Lea when they started their vocational school there. She said if I have more magazines, he'd love to read them. I have tons of Turning Wheels & MSRA Line Chasers he's more than welcome to. Hope we can get him through the winter so he can get his Studebaker ride in. 🤞 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was going to take the dogs for a walk to the mailbox.  Got dressed and walked out with the leashes and the south wind was howling.  Changed plans.  Now that they were all whooped up I took them for a drive to get milk and eggs and the mail.  Got the fire going and Bucko grained.  Time for lunch before the mandatory nap. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and supposed to make 37 today. Fishing is the plan for today. Just sitting here waiting for my friend Joe to get here. Then we will head out and hope the fishes cooperate. I moved the house a little bit last night since it was starting to melt in. So put it on some fresh ice. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a calm 20 here now.  Could see 43 this afternoon.  It will be a run to the Falls day today.  Stock up on dog there since they have the best prices.  The new Tractor Supply is very expensive compared to Menards.  That surprised me.  Hoping to have that fire this afternoon.  Good luck fishing JB!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and some fog..  not much on the agenda other than smoking a turkey..  that will give the smoker a good run...  put some taters on it too..   have a good a day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 32 now & hopin to see 40. A bit breezy(~15) & damp again today so it feels like 21 now. The days are gettin longer as our day here will be 10 hours & 1 minute long today. Got a couple little things to get me movin but that's it so far. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Expected to be cloudy today so probably won't plant more radishes. Need to make a feed run, grab a few things at FF & make a grocery stop while I'm at it. Wife has the day off so she can give Poppy her people time. I better et some breakfast, have a little coffee & get on with the day. No newbies in the lambing barn so buys me a little time for an afternoon nap. Gotta stay in practice for retirement.  :coffee:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Woke up at 2:00 this morning. Might be an afternoon nap in my future.
      Looks to be too windy to burn today so I will probably start moving some of the old box elder tree I took down late last year. Build a new brush pile.
      First, I need more coffee and to look at the Mister Twister catalog I found in the mailbox yesterday.
      Stay safe, everyone.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....worked the store from 6 to 8. let the high school kids get the hours!!1 :happy1:

so i took a drive around  the chain........people scattered out and about all over. the one thing i noticed.......they ALL walked out!!!!!

fire and beer will happen this afternoon.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was a bright sunny day earlier.  On our way home it clouded up.  Not sure if our fire will happen or not.