Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332546 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I was gonna ask ya lps, you ride your horses? My daughter while she was growing up couldn't understand why we couldn't buy a horse and tie it to a tree here in town..lol.  We ride now and then but man, it's hard on me..

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here and still windy. The wind was blowing hard enough overnight Friday that it actually moved my fish house about 2 feet.  It was warm enough Friday when I brought it out that it must not have been able to freeze down. Joe joked when he got here yesterday morning about having an anchor on the house. I laughed. We got out there and I walked in and looked at the holes and they were gone. Boy did I laugh. Luckily I bought the auger with so we could redrill them. Well off to go check the bite. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Chilly and windy this morning.  Looks like the wind is here all day.   Was over in Faro yesterday and that wind was crazy over there as well.   Be a shop day today. 

Good luck jb.   Most of the lakes between here and Fargo had open water.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 17 here and could see 27 today...  and still windy all day..  looks like a decent chance of snow later this week..  bring it on..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here scenic, looks like the lakes around Alex have open up for the most part. A bit of snow has showed up on the edge of the patio concrete. Banquet in Morris was a hoot last night. I won one general raffle item nothing else other than an empty wallet ;). Got home about 11:00 watched tv until midnight so a nap or two may be on the agenda for today. Later...... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 16 & might see 24 later. I see we just passed the 12 hours of daylight here as TWC says the day is 12:02 long today. :cool: :scratch: We must've had a little very light graupel overnight on Friday as there was a strange pellet shaped white hue to the ground yday. A little more of it during the day that kind switch to some very light snowflakes yday too. The ice on the weedy point where I leave the bay really started to open up with that wind early yday too, until it got too cold & locked it back up. I see a trip for the Sunday paper & a shower in the start to my day & I'll go from there. No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  15 here and may see 23 today.  Will have to warm the garage up some today.  Still windy too.  I see about 1/3 of the river is open now.  This cold weather will slow down the shore ice erosion some.  We usually need to river to rise to get the shore ice moving but I don't know if there is any run off to make that happen this year.  Just have to wait.  Bobb I haven't ridden Bucko in maybe 5 years.  I do spend some time with him every day though.  We grain him in the barn in the winter so him me and the dogs get some interaction there.  Since he is the only horse now he needs my camaraderie more than if he has a horse buddy.  I used to be in the Sheriff's Posse here for a few years.  We did training with us and the horses to be used to things.  We were kind of training to find a lost person in the woods but we never had a real case.   The training was fun though and good for me and Bucko.  Then of course we did the parade here too every year.  I just told him yesterday that we may start doing some easy riding this summer after I get all fixed up.  No big plans for the day actually.   Gonna cook that corned beef and cabbage and carrots and onions in the crock pot.  I have 3 red onions left from last summer.  They are doing good yet.  Well you all have a great day.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

New life to the old farmhouse. We'll start sanding the flooring tomorrow morning.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........well got that celebrating over with!!!! :happy1: and still crawled in  bed,,,,, not literally though......by 9;30!! :rotflmao: had a mushroom chicken sammich....... damn that was good. seen a few with green on.....but no green beer!!!

thinkin a trip to st cloud to get some prices on things!!!! shingles for the back shed, new locator, maybe even pick up a few things from my things i need list!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that will look nice I'll bet when it's done roony!!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Roony.  You need to spend a month here remodeling.  :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Rooney!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
those holes in the wall??? :scratch: are they for the wrens!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I contacted a crew of three guys that do good work and fast to put T&G pine prefinished boards up on the ceilings of the office, kitchen, and hallway.  I should have done it myself years ago instead of just thinking about it.  Now no way could I reach above my head and do that.  I did the bathroom ceiling and it looks great but was hard on me. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
those holes in the wall??? :scratch: are they for the wrens!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yes, electric chairs for those little bastiches.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! Light passing flurries and 25 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Another newbie in the overnight, bringing our total on the ground to 40. Incredibly, we have lost none so far. Not so incredibly, the last 6 ewes don't appear to be that close to lambing so they are prolonging the agony. Moved one pen again this a.m. to make room & get the lambs going on solid feed. Got everything done yesterday. Need to unload the hay yet later this morning then have a little lunch & watch Bucky take on the rapist from IL. The wrens will be peeking in the window & admiring your handiwork roony... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 10 here and supposed to make 35 today.  Last night about 7:30 the wife just happened to look out the window as one of the neighbors was driving his ranger with tracks back in. And  she watched him drive right onto the wrong spot. Down he went. Mostly the front end and luckily the water is only a couple feet deep there. So I got dressed and headed down to him. Eventually a couple of the other neighbors showed up.with their sxs. We tried pulling but could only move him a little bit. No traction. Went and got some posts and anchored the ranger with the posts in augered holes in the ice.. 2 winches pulling and only moved him about a foot. Front tracks were hooking the ice. Finally got him out of the ranger and they will work on it in the daylight today. I came back in about 9 last night . Supposed to be warmer and less windy today too. Hopefully all them retired folks can get it. I have to go to the salt mines today.  The bad spot he drove into is busted up ice from the pressure ridge,. So one sheet is shoved under the other and broken. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 14 here & on our way to 33. It sounds like your neighbor was pretty lucky, JB, hope they get his rig out without too much hassle. No big plans for today here yet. Time for some coffee though. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, man that fellow was lucky JB!!  17 here and going for the mid 30's today..   got a few things to do today but nothing pressing...   I like them kind of days!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
So far a typical morning here. One cat sleeping in the dog kennel, one cat sitting on my laptop and the Lil' Monster tearing around biting everything he can find. Not much on the dance-card for today, try to put some things away in the garage. Maybe put some labels on the drawers so it cuts down on time to find things. Yes I'm getting older (and might have too much "stuff"). Oh well, have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Down to 8 here but should get into the 30's today.  I see the river is plugged up with loose ice chunks.  It is barely moving.  Haven't seen a boat here yet.  Hey it is not windy at the moment.  I have to do some grocery shopping today.  Need swiss cheese and some kraut for ruebens tonight.  Not a lot else going on so that is ok.  Sort of a Glenn type of lazy day.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm glad your neighbor is ok jb and that things weren't worse. Hope his machine will be ok too.
Did he catch any fish? Glenn made me ask.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/24, 07:36:52 AM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that's right.  Good luck to the neighbor JB.  Glad it didn't go all of the way down.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Never did ask if he caught any fish. Kinda forgot for some reason. Ya, we kept saying it is just a machine. Him being all right is all that matters. It should go easy in the daylight and way less wind today.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  11 out but the wind has finally went down.  Looks like it is changing directions and if it does it will be piling up some ice on lakes around here.   Lots to do today....  Have a great day All. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 20 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Never got above freezing here yesterday & with the wind, it was downright raw. Was a good day to unload & stack hay if there is such a thing. The 4-H kid was here yesterday so she pitched in to help at choretime. Brought her mom & step-dad along. He's a Mexican and we get along great. Hard working dude who's never had a G&T. We'll have to change that once it warms up again. Otherwise just watching the weather forecast to see if it'll be necessary to put the snowblower on or not. Hoping the ground stays froze and we don't have to worry about moving snow. Was nice not having to smash ice out of buckets and drain hoses to get everything watered. Back to reality this a.m.  :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........damn..... :confused: :bonk: put in a full 7 hours....definitely a nap today!!!! make a quick walkabout around the yard should do it......a few misc things in the house......but there's always tomorrow!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: right Gunner, Mark, LPS, Mike!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Neighbor said they got the ranger out around 11 this morning.  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck of a ordeal JB, but the way the ice has been this year it doesn't surprise me.  Good nobody got hurt and nothing sank.