Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958703 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My first gun was a .410 bolt action single shot.  I couldn't hit a barn with it as a kid.  I traded it for an 1100 when I got older.  Sure wish I would have kept it.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have a Wingmaster .410 I saw and had to have. Also have Dad's Winchester .410 bolt action single shot. Younger brother would take the single shot bolt action Remington .22, I'd grab the .410 & we would lay down withering fire on the tree rats.

Just got done having coffee with an old friend & recently retired customer. He bought sweet rolls so what's a guy supposed to do? He's had MS for prolly 20 years & his mobility isn't the greatest. It was time for him to retire before someone got hurt or worse. Great visit. His son worked for me many moons ago. Very successful young lad. 
« Last Edit: March 03/29/24, 10:56:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: unlike ya rick folk..... :confused: i cant afford a 410!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: actually never had a desire for one....go big or go home!!!!!

my dad got one, dont remember if it was given to him or he bought it. he got it cleaned up and had a local guy put a walnut stock on it from the black walnut tree they had in the yard. it was a stainless steel barrel........pissed me off a bit when i was told it was will to a grandson!!! oh well!!!! pretty swet looking gun though!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad had a JC Higgins 16 gauge that my brothers and I learned on.  I really like a 16 gauge.  I refinished the stock and re-blued the barrel when I was younger and then my Dad gave it to my brothers son.  My Godson.  At least it went to a great kid. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Evenin peoples, was rollin down the drive by 5:15 & hit Clear Lake by 11:15. Took the long way home ;) :smiley: to stay away from the Roger's 169/94/494 logjam, it was 15-20 miles longer but worth it. Had some snow through the metro but most had disappeared by Faribault & by the time we hit Dotch country there was none to be found. Almost 50 by the time we got off 35 & we topped out just shy of 60. 'Bout it here, talk at ya tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/24, 06:47:05 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 37 today. We got about a 1/2" of snow last night. I made homemade pizza for supper. We are getting ready to head to GF for the gun show and do some other shopping. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have fun JB!!!  28 here and could see 38 today...   did see a few rain drops early last evening..  I see some snow birds are making it back here too..  let the fun begin!!   got a few things to do today but all easy things...   Have a good day all!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 39 here already & we're looking at 54 for our high. Some moisture in our forecast for tomorrow too & a better chance on Monday. Might even be a little snow on Monday night. No big plans for today yet. Hopin your Satutday's a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 31 and should see 40 today.  Yes we did get another inch or so of white stuff last night.  Everyday coming is in the 40's and 50's by the end of the week.  I asked the wife if she is getting a new bikini or using her old one now that it is warming up.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  No big plans so far as she hasn't given me my orders yet.  Pretty calm out I see.  The river is white with snow but there are a few dark spots that must be wet.  The bird feeder is full of little birds.  Well stay out of trouble and have a fun day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We were to the Eagles Club in Alex last night for fish dinner. After that it was find a soft chair to sit in and rest. Good eats and plenty of it. I did get mailings done last night before dinner. Now today I need to go back to FF to return a pair on lined jeans I bought yesterday. I guess I can't tell the difference between a 36 and a 34. I need the 34 to answer you wise guys out there. Think I'll spend some time putting together our bingo stuff again today so I'm ready for our meeting on Tuesday. Also have a small leak on the front drive of the Kubota that is going to need attention soon. So many projects, so little time, later...... :happy1: :happy1:

410 pictures coming soon. they're on my phone.:happy1:
mm

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas! 35 here and heading for I didn't look.  The whipper snapper dropped off her kitty cat and golden retriever yesterday for a sleep over,  between the 2 they really put crazy Maisy in her spot,  plenty growling and hissing going on, she needed that!! Meeting up with the whole family for lunch today, should be fun. Afterwards we'll take the 4 pooches for a 2 mile stroll,  with Maisy's energy she should make. Anywho go Gophers!!  See ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......got bored yesterday so took a quick drive around the lakes......up still there!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: open water and skim ice. lots of waterfowl around.

with the wifey gone and me bored i cook. made a sketti salad yesterday...got 2 venny neck roasts doctored up and in the oven. 1 for deer camp...not sure yet for the other one.  :scratch: cleaned up the bathroom a tad!!! i got a sneaky hunch momma is staying down at her daughters for Easter tomorrrow  :scratch: if so i'm good with it. planning on ribs for easter supper......but that can wait till monday!

found out yesterday i've been a great grandpa 1 full year...... :shocked: time flies.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Sun has broken thru & is supposed to be sunny the rest of the day. Got feed yesterday, did chores last nite & grabbed another load of hay. Gotta catch up on the dead people in the Albert's Leaf paper then unload hay along with a few bags of feed yet. We're playin' with the lead tho. Auntie Mar Mar made me a blueberry coffee cake. With a little Hope Creamery butter & coffee, it's hard to beat.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/24, 09:45:21 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go, even a union guy can afford this 410. $229.00. Comes with the Rukx bag too.
That blueberry coffee cake should be shared. Looks very tasty.😋
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice score Markn and Dotch ya should share!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sweet, markn! I could see the area rodents shaking in their boots with a WMD like that!  :bow: If you stop down I'll save you a hunk of coffee cake with some butter.  :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nice score Markn and Dotch ya should share!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
yep, he could at least mail me some! :confused: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That blueberry cake sounds great!  Nice gun Mark!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Couldn't get on again yesterday afternoon and last night. Must have been to many people on this server. With Google or Firefox.  :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/24, 06:42:55 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 and could see 38 today..  Ken I don't think anybody got on yesterday..  quiet day yesterday and the plan is the same for today!!  thinking I might make some meatballs today...   sounds like a good meal!!   have a good day all!! 

Happy Easter all!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/31/24, 07:02:58 AM by mike89 »

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All and Happy Easter.  We have a revolving door here with people coming and going.  Those working stop in for a bit.  Ham is going in the smoker in just a few minutes.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 36 now & we're headed for 54 later. Got some rain in the area too. Going up Austin/Albert Lea way today as Sis is having Easter today. Not certain what time we're supposed to be there, but we'll probably leave here around 9:30. Should be about 9 of us, so not too bad. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
« Last Edit: March 03/31/24, 07:49:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
HAPPY EASTER. We did Easter last Sunday with the kids going to their in-laws today. So it should be a fairly relaxing day today, as soon as the Lil' Monster calms down. Just watched two deer wander through the back yard, had seven of them at the end of the driveway Thursday night. Thought it was going to be some fresh backstraps there for a minute with the traffic going by, but they ran off behind the house. Have a great day everyone, our ham was turned into soup and sandwich spread yesterday. Had a large bowl of the soup last night. Was very good. Later......... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I couldn't get on yesterday later on neither.  It is 24 here and should see 40.  Just like yesterday but we hit 45 and may today too.  We had a nice fire finally and it felt great.  May do it again today.  We shall see.  Yes Happy Easter.  We will bake our ham later on.  I looked out the window yesterday and here comes Jake running like crazy back to our side of the river on that iffy ice.  The geese sit on the Canada side lawns and he must have been drawn to them.  I don't know how far he got over there. He is tethered now till the next ice out.  Also I just shot another pine squirrel.  That is #7 this year.  3 is the most we have gotten other years.  They are not getting in our crawl space again.  Well have a good one, I need more coffee.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so we are to call you dead eye!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......Ken...technical difficulties happen!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: it would go down then pop up then go down......no biggy. it happens.

not alot planned for today.......ribs is whats on the menu for today.....if my wife ever decides to come home!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she stopped at her friends in Monticello.......and started hittin the sauce!!!!! :drinking: and i'm good with that!!!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of Deadeye. He has been absent for a bit.
Morning boys. 26 here and heading for around 40. Had fun in Grand Forks yesterday. Picked up some reloading supplies at the gun show. Got some fishing gear at Scheels and then made a stop at Cabela's on the way out of town. Found the Easter 🐰 there.

Happy Easter boys!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Got a lot done yesterday after unloading the feed & hay. Thanks to the help of our 4-H kid & her mom, we moved a set of triplets, twins & a single out of the nursery barn to the loafing area. More hands makes it so much easier. We'll dock, vax & tag a couple more singles this a.m. then move them tonite. Speaking of deer markn, when I was in the oval office early yesterday a.m. I was gazing at the pasture. About 150 yards out, thought I saw the 5 sheep from our pasture across the fence munching on the neighbor's hay! Crap. Now I gotta figure out how to get them outta there and back on our side of the fence. Once it got a little lighter, I breathed a sigh of relief. The 5 "sheep" I saw grazing were deer. :embarrassed: Happy Easter!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good picture of you guys JB!!!   

deadeye is in tax mode this time of year...   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
good picture of you guys JB!!!   

deadeye is in tax mode this time of year...
👍🏼 Was kinda thinking that.