Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5022944 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We made to akeley and got setup. Rained pretty much all day and our friends place is really torn up from trucks and fifth wheeled campers. We’re headed to Thorpe Tower today. Never been there. Have a great day all, later :happy1: :happy1:…..
mm

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
We made to akeley and got setup. Rained pretty much all day and our friends place is really torn up from trucks and fifth wheeled campers. We’re headed to Thorpe Tower today. Never been there. Have a great day all, later :happy1: :happy1:…..
Auu, the PB, know it well. Are you guys wheeling up there?  Nice views from up there, but the lookout tower is long gone.  Try the Ruben if you stop by the Stomping grounds for lunch! 😋
« Last Edit: May 05/25/24, 10:24:11 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 and hope to see 69 today..  saying a small chance of rain too..  we shall see..  got a few things to do and then I will be ready for the weekend and company..   nothing big...   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here and heading for 53 it says. Cloudy and crappy again this morning. Another 1/2" of rain last night. Supposed to be windy again today, but this time it will be blowing from the west. So the lake will be a little calmer on this side anyway. We will work on some projects or maybe go fishing later. Depends on the wind. We started building some shelves in the garage last night. Will finish those up this morning. Those will be to store our canned goods. Otherwise just a go with the flow kind of day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 40 here now and may hit 58.  Cloudy and windy but not supposed to rain today I think. Man everything is green and lush now.  We are making a list to head to the Falls to do some shopping.  My hip is hurting from the dock episode last night but we got er done.  A cocktail or two was hurt too.  LOL   Will have to use my cane till I get to a shopping cart today.  They work good too.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers... balmy 39 at the moment and windy.my last full day at the cabin for this trip. Headed home tomorrow morning. Our new cement driveway was supposed to be poured by the time I got home to keep the dawg away but that didn't happen.  :angry2: its framed out though.

3 things to do today.  Finish pressure washing 3 building, drink some beer and burn some firewood.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 42 here & we should see 66 later. Windy already too. Had some rain overnight yday, again about noon, & again overnight last night the way it looks. I haven't checked the gauge yet though. Would like to put the boat in but with that wind it makes getting the canopy on the lift a PITA. Got a couple other little things on my list too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  50 with wind lakeside.  Thinking were heading home today, we've pretty much had the lake to ourselves since Tuesday.  Plenty of fish caught,  kept and realesed, but it'll be nice to tinker around the house and yard a couple of days until the work week. Pancakes are bout ready....See ya on the flip side!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We had to get a new canopy this yr Gunner,  the last one went 20 yrs but got ripped up last yr. This one has little bungie cords to secure it to the lift, pretty slick and fast.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Thorpe Tower in Hubbard Co. Nice view.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellow gulag comrades! 50 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 70's, about where it's at right now. Clouds starting to move in and rain expected by morning. After chores the feed fairy went to Krause's in Hope. When he got back, he tag teamed with the hay fairy, unloading & stacking bales & unloading & emptying feed bags into their containers. Remains to be seen whether the fencing fairy will show up this afternoon or if he'll tap out. Might go survey the situation to see what needs to be brought along to remedy the retired farmer disease that happened to the fence in the first place. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Thorpe Tower in Hubbard Co. Nice view.  :happy1: :happy1:
You should see it in the fall!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and hope to see 70 today...  got about .4 of rain over night...  we got in the house just before it started to rain...  company made up and we had a good afternoon and evening...  onward with today!!   have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 45 here & looking for 70 too. I found ~ .2" in our rain gauge early yday. I did finally get the tree along the driveway cleaned up yday, mowed 1 little spot too. Probably go for a paper here in a bit & will see what's next after that. Hopin your Sunday is a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I was told that leech. We plan on coming up for that too. Well we did 98 miles yesterday, some running down the road because due to the only trail from Emmaville, Lake George area has a couple holes in it and is impassable. Just ask the guys that had three rigs buried in them yesterday. Headed the other direction today. Later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 46 and supposed to see 70 the last I looked.  We are on river watch here.  We went to the Falls yesterday and the upper river I call it is real high now and the islands are under water.  There is no shoreline with the high water way up in the trees.  There is a rapids just east of Birchdale called the Manitou Rapids.  It is narrower there along with the rapids so it is a pinch point so the river east of there can be higher due to it.  It all eventually comes this way though.  All of the gate of the dam are open at the Falls to lower Rainy Lake. I head they want to lower it 6-8".  I don't know how long that will take.  I believe Voyagers and all of that comes this way too.  Well we pulled the dock in to shallower water twice now.  May have to do it again today.  If we do it will be putting it all into winter mode.  The water is up on the land now.  We even took the boat out yesterday evening.  Today we should see north wind and that will blow the lake up the river some and make it even higher.  Strong north or NW winds will even be higher.  Well take it easy. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. .02" of rain at the ranch from a passing shower yesterday afternoon. The hay & feed fairy got their jobs done but it kept the fence fairy from monkeying with the neighbor's fence. Waiting on it to rain again altho it looks to be staying in IA thus far. Still don't want to spray fences or something like that until I'm pretty sure it's out of here. About time to put on the feedbag and have some coffee. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure have a lot of fairies all of a sudden Dotch.  Is it an Irish thing?  LOL  I just checked and the river fairies are ok so far today. It is a beautiful calm sunny morning here.   
« Last Edit: May 05/26/24, 07:57:50 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 63 it says. Yes it is a beautiful morning. Been out in the garage putzing with projects this morning. Fed the Orioles. Now we are sitting on the patio enjoying the nice morning. Barry, the lake has certainly come up too. But, it is good for us now. It was really low. The email I got from the control board last week said they were predicting a 6"-14" rise in the lake level in the next week. I would say it has down the 6" already. I just measured the water at the end of the dock this morning. 30" deep right now. Thinking I might be able to get the boat off of the bunk trailer on our own ramp. Certainly going to try before heading up to Long Point. Plan for today is spray for dandelions again and go fishing. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear JB.  Can anyone get on the control board email list?  I would be interested in that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
evening fellers.......back home by about 10;30. got totz done...... now its time to lounge back abit.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river has not come up today.  May have even gone down a little but wind can make a big difference.  Things look good today

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 here and had some rain..  could see 63 today...  1/4 inch so far today here...  got a few things on the agenda today but nothing pressing...   have a good day all!!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 53 with some rain here too & we might see 63 later. There's a couple things on my to do list today but most are outside. Oh well, sure I can find something to do anyway. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: May 05/28/24, 07:06:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. .07" of rain yesterday forenoon. Raining again this a.m. after chores. One more surprise lambing after assuming we had a couple ewes that were open. One more to go and that one suddenly is showing a bag as well. Not much planned until after the rain gets out of here. Got a short nap in yesterday afternoon with Poppy getting an assist. Might want to repeat that again today.  :coffee:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Slept in some today.  Real cloudy and feels like rain.  No big plans for the day.  That will change I am sure.  I will take it as it comes.  You all have a good one. Happy Memorial Day and I honor and respect all of you that served.  Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: May 05/27/24, 08:01:01 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 58 it says. Light rain here this morning. Nothing in the gauge, but the cement is wet. Kinda seems that is what it is going to do this morning. If it dries up later I will cut the grass. Also finish up in the garage getting things put away. We got the fish houses parked in their summer spots. Then I tried launching the boat off of our own ramp. Still not enough water to get off of the bunk trailer. Oh well, it was already 2:00. So I wasn't going to go up to Long point and pay the 20 bucks. So we did some other stuff. Then went for a Ranger ride. Barry, yes anyone can sign up for the emails from the control board. There is a link to sign up on the web page somewhere. I signed up back in 2022 when the water got so high. It took a few weeks to start getting them. But, now I get them every week. Have a good one boys

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, I will check it out.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost afternoon peoples,  58 here and drizzle.  Ran to fleet farm and that place was dead at 10:30, perfect! Picked up some more training dummies and zip ties to attach some pheasant wings to. Maisy has been doing great with the wings, at first she wanted to run around and play keep away, so now she'll get more rounds of it. Stopped by 2 different parks to check some higher grass areas for rifling the dummies in and getter going on the frozen pigeon, they should work just fine!! Other than that I believe the kids are coming over for some free food later and grab there packages of fish I got ready. Hey you guys notice the Maple trees? I have 3 here with no helicopters to be seen, nuttin up or on the ground....weird.   See ya!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
evening fellers......hit the floor running starting at 3;30 am. work the store then all kinds of stuff. gotta put fish in pickling brine yet.

not even a nap  :pouty: :pouty:

boober.........isnt it a bit early for them annoying things yet?????? now i gotta look at mine!!!!!!