Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5035787 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
holiday pay!!!   good for you!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I spent the afternoon making Hamburger....

10 lbs of no fat venison to grind and add 10 lbs of 73-27 Beef from Aldi. Then mixed together with cooked bacon from Costco. Put into 1 lb burger bags from Cabelas. 20 lbs ready to eat. 86-14 lean to fat.

Waited till the Memorial Day sale. Also picked up 7 racks of St. Louis Cut Ribs. On sale for $1.99 Lb. 3 for me and 4 for my daughter.
« Last Edit: May 05/27/24, 07:23:54 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
holiday pay!!!   good for you!!!
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: yes friggin right! :confused: :angry2: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn is the reason for all this food inflation!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I never thought about it that way Roony.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 here and might see 62 today...   got a small bit of rain this morning too..  didn't get much cause the bird bath is still low..  going to get my hair cut this morning..  have a good day all!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 51 now here & we're headed 62, later. I see we have a Frost Advisory in place for Wednesday 1:00-7:00 AM but it won't get that cold here, since we have ~ 80 acres of 55*+ water just 20 yards away. Got the boat on the lift yday & it started to rain just as it rolled off the trailer. :rolleyes: There's some nice weather in the 10-day, so we're headed to GR today. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Like Mike said a brief shower here earlier and sunshine now. Appointment with bone cracker this morning at 11:00 and then fill truck up with gas after our trip to Akeley and back. I got, according to the computer, 8.5 MPG pulling a 26' fifth wheel camper and a 10' trailer with a SxS on it at about 64 mph. I'm pretty happy with that. We did a total of 130 miles on the wheelers for two days and now there's about 71 pounds of mud on it. On tap for today is sharpen mower blades and clean out truck after the four legged mudball, Lenny, went through it a dozen times while I was loading the camper on Friday. Note to self, shut truck door when it has rained earlier and dog is out. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 55 here and sunny.  Will be about 60ish today again like a broken record.  It has beat that every day so far.  I am unsupervised for the day.  The wife went to pick up our Grandson today.  He will be with us till Sunday.  Great kid.  Hope he has fun with us again.  I have a few trees waiting for him to winch out with the Ranger and then pull them to the burn pile.  He is 12 now so he enjoys doing that kind of stuff.  We want him to learn fun things when he is here.  I am going to do some ribs this afternoon so they are ready when they return.  I better fill all of the gas cans cuz we will need it all with him here.  lol 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........cement guys are here!!!!!!! :happy1: :happybounce: i picked up a nail in my truck tire on the way home from the cabin so gotta get that fixed this morning.

need to start getting in the garden and yankin weeds!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and supposed to make 68. But there is a stuff north wind blowing off of the lake. That will keep it cooler here. Barry, you should have filled all them gas cans last Thursday when holiday had gas 40 cents off per gallon. Today will be a putz with projects kinda day here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. At the ranch, .23" of rain from yesterday's 4 or 5 showers. Must've rained another .03" overnite sometime as there was .20" in the gauge at 9:30 p.m. In Bugtussle, the gauge wasn't read until this a.m. so it's a cumulative reading since Saturday at .32". Rained another .05" after the gauge was dumped that hasn't been officially recorded yet. After last week and no drying this weekend, it's wet out there in the fields with farmers getting antsy about spraying. Suspect we'll see some stupidity starting tomorrow as they try to convince themselves fields are dry enough to spray. Expect to see lots of mud tracked on roads and hear whining because they got stuck. They need a hobby other than farming.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I mowed Sunday I had to mow around wet spots.  Some were a few inches deep with water.  The ground must be saturated from our rains here.  No great amounts but timed fairly well.  Actually surprised me. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. At the ranch, .23" of rain from yesterday's 4 or 5 showers. Must've rained another .03" overnite sometime as there was .20" in the gauge at 9:30 p.m. In Bugtussle, the gauge wasn't read until this a.m. so it's a cumulative reading since Saturday at .32". Rained another .05" after the gauge was dumped that hasn't been officially recorded yet. After last week and no drying this weekend, it's wet out there in the fields with farmers getting antsy about spraying. Suspect we'll see some stupidity starting tomorrow as they try to convince themselves fields are dry enough to spray. Expect to see lots of mud tracked on roads and hear whining because they got stuck. They need a hobby other than farming.
You always get the more moderate, less harmful, rainfall amounts.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When I mowed Sunday I had to mow around wet spots.  Some were a few inches deep with water.  The ground must be saturated from our rains here.  No great amounts but timed fairly well.  Actually surprised me.
It is amazing how saturated the ground is right now. A part of me wonders if it had to do with the mild winter and the rain we got early in the winter. Anything thing under the grass right now is just mud if I dig. The yard is soft when I walk on it in spots.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it acts like we had a lot more rain than we actually did.  My ditch is still too wet to mow and I did mow it earlier. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it acts like we had a lot more rain than we actually did.  My ditch is still too wet to mow and I did mow it earlier.
Exactly, it is like it has been raining nonstop. Which I guess it has been raining plenty. Just is weird this year. Can't explain it.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here and supposed to make 69. Finished up a couple projects yesterday and planted some potatoes in buckets. Now we need to try and find some tomato plants. Been so cold that we would not have been able to plant them yet. Otherwise just getting ready to head back to the salt mines. It will be a nice 3 day week. I can dig it. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 here and might see 71 today!!   that will be nice...  off to Alex this morning I'm thinking for a couple things...   did get my hair cut yesterday...  way better!!!   have a good day all!!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun day today. Shooting sporting clays at 10;00 and golfing at 11:30. They combine the shooting ang golf scores to determine your final league score. Good time. After that I should look at washing a SxS. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........big news of the day is there going to be pouring the driveway today. cement truck due at noon.!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

got a good start on weeding the garden.....should finish today, maybe tomorrow.....they aint going nowhere. heading to Paynesville this AM, got a heart echo this morning, doc thinks my ticker had a bad valve nuttin serious .....yet.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds fun Mark.  I used to do some trap shooting and really liked it.  I got a 23 once.  LOL  Used to golf too but never was real good at it but did enjoy it too.  JB have you done potatoes in a bucket before?  That sounds interesting.  We need to get tomatoes and cukes going here.  The Grandson is here and itching to get on a wheeler.  He has a helmet he wears too. Well need to go so see ya later, have a great day. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   57 here already this morning with not a cloud in the sky.  Going to be a busy day here with moving some boats around and trying to get caught up from a mini vacation.   Spent a few days fishing on Winnie.  Have good day All. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, no frost here as we had 45 at 1st peek & we're s'posed to see 70 today. Got back here a bit before 2 yday & thought I was going to mow but every time I headed for the mower it started to rain.  :rolleyes: So, that's on my list for today. Need to move the lift & put the canopy on too. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .07" of rain at the ranch from yesterday and .05" in Bugtussle. Might go out & see where I can get stuck after lunch. Should be drier towards home. Got a look at the fence at the neighbor's last nite. What a mess! Told me he was gonna take out the bottom 2 strands of barbed wire and leave the upper two. Told me he'd taken most of my two strands of electric with it as it was tangled up with barbed wire. That'd be OK I said. I can run couple new strands down low & it'll work fine if you do that. What's he do? Takes the upper two strands of barbed wire as well! Now in addition to stringing the two strands of electric I'd planned on, I'll have to run an additional strand of electric as the gaps will be too tempting. Will also need at least 100 new insulators. He "helped" me out a couple years ago like that. Sheep hopped over the hog panels in the barn there a couple times. Didn't hurt anything but the following spring he decided to "help me out" & raised the panels up over a foot on the posts. I took one look at it and got out the fencing pliers. We would've been chasing sheep all summer. Help like that I don't need!  :angry: 
« Last Edit: May 05/29/24, 09:50:22 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. Last night about 9:40 we got a call that Merrilee's brother was being airlifted to Rochester with a brain bleed. We drove there right away so it got to be a night without a lot of sleep. He is stable but in a lot of pain which he describes as the worst headache you can imagine. All I can do is hope and pray and be avaliable if needed.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn Roony, sure hope he gets over that quickly.  Doesn't sound fun at all.  Good luck to him.  Neither does your predicament Dotch.  SO that is a complete fence rebuild.  You never have anything to do so that will keep you off your lawn chair.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Since the kid is here I bought 4 big caramel rolls for breakfast.  Good excuse since he is here.  He didn't even want one.  Had Pop tarts instead.  Well the rolls were good but about 10 I was dragging azz.  Not a very good breakfast for me I guess. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn roony that suks!!   my best to all... 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Roony.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wish him all the best roony. 👍