Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5066312 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and TWC says we are only going to make 56 today.  :crazy: Supposed to be windy too and that is already starting. Which sucks for pulling a camper. Should be done at work by 2. Then head home and hook onto the camper. Going to Buffalo for the granddaughter's high school graduation. Friday evening is the graduation and Saturday is her party. The grandsons girlfriend is also graduating too. Her party is the week after. Not sure if we will make her's. The wife wants to. But we are starting to waver. Changed the fuel filter on the pickup last night. Much easier job than my 2005 was. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  56 here and looking for 67 today..   and lots of wind...  safe travels JB with the camper and the wind..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few things for today too..  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 53 now & we might make it all the way up to 58. :scratch: Kind of busy in GR yday while we were there. Had some light mist on big windows upstairs already today, windy here too. So, my mowing has been put on hold again. Got a couple of things I can do out in the new shed though. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is real cloudy and 53.  Just like JB only 56 for the high.  The wife said she was hardly lifting my leg when we went to bed last night.  That is a good thing. I am putting more weight on it.  Still in protection mode.  The PT guy showed me how it can handle my weight cuz I have a brand new hip.  It is just the muscles that need the work.  Still no poop but getting closer.  I think the wife spiked my coffee with that Mirilax again.   :happy1:  I am sort of getting the urge.  Been eating lots of soup so just peeing.  That stool raising device puckers me right up so have to get used to that.  The big 3 no no's are:  1.  No bending down at the waist.  Must maintain 90 degrees, 2. No twisting at the waist. 3. No crossing legs any time.  Any of those movements can loosen up the muscles by the hip I think.  Doing good though.  I did have a cocktail (manhattan) last night.  They usually loosen me right up but didn't work last night.  Well my leg is getting tired so see ya later.  Great to hear from you all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to vet with Lenny this morning. Then to Rx to fill a prescription. Watching Ringo the cat chasing a mouse in the porch right now. That will keep him busy for a little while, mouse doesn't have a chance. Looks like another mowing day coming up......again. Hope this wind is drying up the low spots. Ordered a set of cab lights for the truck, should be here tomorrow and I'll get them installed. Should look different after that. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We both got new recliners and love them.  I can't sit in one yet.  They are too hard to get out of and will break the 90 degrees from back to legs.  What a bummer.  I can sleep and relax in it so good.  So it is office chair or bed.  I alternate.  These pills make me sleep great.  Lot's of dreams too.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 56 at choretime heading for a high around 70. A trace of precip at the ranch & in Bugtussle proper. Some rain just passed to the north of us. Sunny & breeezy. Supposed to be some 40 mph gusts today. Decided yesterday with the showers on the radar to go on a crop tour just to see what kind of water issues we're up against. Looks like if we can get thru today, we'll be able to get some sprayers going again. Hopefully the rain forecast for tomorrow nite is minimal. Guys are getting crabbier by the day. Not much anyone can do about it.

Glad to hear recovery is going well so far Barry. They'll have you back on a hay rack in no time!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. I missed a few days here.
      Took Mrs. tt to Rochester on Monday. She's getting to be an old pro at this. Unfortunately, the nurses, doctors and techs know who she is. She goes a couple times each year.
      Road construction wasn't too bad. We drive up to Mankato and take 14 all the way in.
      Stopped at the Casey's in Waseca on the way back. Almost drove past it.
      Chicks are out in the coop now. Let them out in to their run in a few days.
      Stay safe everyone.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Are ya getting any yet Barry?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure he will... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure he will... :coffee:

Hey this is ironic  as heck or something like that.  I just took a big dump.  2 easily passing matching brown ones.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Then I talked to a buddy on the phone and then I came here.  You must have posted that great looking shirt about the time my world took a turn for the better.  Can't wipe the smile off my face.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers......thats ALOT of TMI for one day!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

done at the store. man sure is nice parking on that new driveway..plenty of space, no more rutting up the lawn!!!!!

thinkin of weeding the garden since its nice and cool out. few other things i'd like completed before headed north.

LPS.....has any of your hip medical team said anything to you about hoe you sit, not to cross your legs or putting your legs together.   my wifes surgeon told her she needs to sit like men do! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: knees apart.....will prevent the hip joint from popping out. hers did once and man was she in serious pain. they had to pop it back in at the hospital!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup mentioned it above.  The big three things.  The wife watches me like a hawk.  When sitting can't lean forward a bit.  90 degrees maximum.  Hard to remember.  Especially eating. Or getting up.  Can't lean forward.  That is why no recliner.  They are so hard to get out of without leaning forward.  Don't bend at waist.  Don't twist body at waist and no crossing of feet or ankles.  I like to  cross my ankles too.  OUCH!!!  Glad I didn't go to your house.  LOLOL
« Last Edit: June 06/06/24, 02:17:47 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: they gave her some big foan device to put between her legs to keep them apart at night!!

Damn thing always got in the way! :confused: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How did she dislocate hers?  I remember the terrible time she had with infection.  They had 5 pads impregnated with disinfectant in it.  Had to rub certain parts with each pad.  Stuff in my mouth and even some of that brown iodine stuff in your nose too.  Thick stuff so it stuck.  They said you won't know if you have infection for at least 2 weeks.  Sure hope Sue it doing good. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How did she dislocate hers?  I remember the terrible time she had with infection.  They had 5 pads impregnated with disinfectant in it.  Had to rub certain parts with each pad.  Stuff in my mouth and even some of that brown iodine stuff in your nose too.  Thick stuff so it stuck.  They said you won't know if you have infection for at least 2 weeks.  Sure hope Sue it doing good.
:scratch: have no idea...it was the middle of the night, she was getting up to head to the bathroom.....then started screaming in pain.

we had no clue what was going on........in the morning i made her call orthopedics....we got in they took an X-ray and sent us to the hospital. she's doing pretty good, i just wish she'd push herself  more to get moving around better!!!!! :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The pain is not near what it was like so I am getting itchy to do things but I still can't even bend over to do shoes or turn to look at something.  Now that is hard to do.  Especially when I am feeling good and can't even bend or turn?   That will be a challenge. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually like to lean forward when I take a good dump. I take it you have to sit straight up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I hear yea. When I had boyh my bypass and back surgery I did follow the weight restrictions  but damn near drove me nutz   :confused:

After a month  I convinced both docs I'm  more apt to be a danger to myself if I  couldn't go back to work since most my time was behind a desk, so they let me! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually like to lean forward when I take a good dump. I take it you have to sit straight up.

Exactly Roony.  When you sit you are already at 90 so leaning forward is more than 90.  Hard to do and I have a 4" toilet extender to get it up higher so that isn't as comfortable as a real toilet.  The chair where you sit has to be at least 2" higher than your knees when you stand next to it.  Again so you don't break the 90 Rule. 

SO Morning boys.  Then imagine laying on your back in bed in the same position all night.  Thank Gawd for the meds that knock you out so you can do that.  The wife is weaning me down so not as easy to lay there all night on my back.  That is why I am talking at youse guys at 5:11.  I had to get up.  The wife spiked my coffee with mirilax again i am sure.  LOL  Great day to be alive.  The wife goes to work today so I am on my own.  Darn.  Sure nice to have her around.  LOL  Later

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  52 and looking for 75 today and way less wind!!!  maybe mow the grass could be on the agenda today, if not today soon!!  nice lookin day too...  have a good day all!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry,
My worse experience with defacation is after I had extensive skin grafting on my back I had to lay on my stomach for over a week. When I had to poop the nurse would grab it with a paper towel. It was very embarrassing for a young lad.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 50 @ 1st peek & I'm seein 73 for the high. Still a WNW breeze goin but it's only supposed to be ~ 10 mph today. The wind did backoff here yday around 3, so I decided to mow a couple spots around the cabin. Still a little to do there. The mower can use a little TLC & need to do the trimming too. Neighbor could use a hand putting 1 of his boats in early today as well. That should keep me out of trouble ;), have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry,
My worse experience with defacation is after I had extensive skin grafting on my back I had to lay on my stomach for over a week. When I had to poop the nurse would grab it with a paper towel. It was very embarrassing for a young lad.
UGH........ imagine the horror the nurse was going through!!!!! :rotflmao:

morning fellers.........got some projects in the works for later............right now coffee!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's visit to the vet was under a hundred bucks, I was shocked and half of it was for his bug pill. Got some junk put away in the garage yesterday too. May look into cutting grass today, may look into a bonfire and box of beer too. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry,

Oh man Roony, that would be devastating.  Good thing you must have had solid poop.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry,

Oh man Roony, that would be devastating.  Good thing you must have had solid poop.
Then after I was done she would stick her finger up my arse. I'm not sure why.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure sign she like you.   :sleazy: