Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5356006 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 60 already for us & 84 will be our high. Looks like we had a few sprinkles this morning early too. It was cool(48) & foggy in Duluth yday about noon but we had sunshine with 73 when we got back here a little after 2. We're headed to Bemidji today for an appt with Shopko Optical over there. If everything goes well, which it should, my brother will finally ordering his new glasses. :happy1: :cool: We'll do some other shopping over there too, so it'll be most of the day. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today is going to be cleaning day for me. Two months worth of mail stacked up on the dresser, some dirty clothes to be washed and a ton of "stuff" sitting in the boat needs to find a home. Yard looks OK yet and the next mowing job may wait until Friday. Have a great day all, later........ :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/12/24, 09:04:26 AM by markn »
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Had to take a little  drive, seen my first little fawn! :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: On your way to Inger? :sleazy: :evil:     ;) :laugh: :laugh:           
:rotflmao: yea... Nope! :mooning:

Morning fellers  from back in da woods. Got me some nords yesterday,  they'll be hitting the smoking brine shortly.  Buddy is going to be Herr later today. Wasn't coming till tomorrow,  he must miss me and my fishing  expertise.  :happy1:

Sounds like the weather could get a bit interesting later today.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 64 and may see 81 today.  Early this morning we had thunder and rain.  Got a tich over 1/4".  Gonna be hot and steamy today.  May run the AC finally.  No plans for me.  LOL  The moose that is on the loose is right by us but we haven't seen it yet.  Jake was barking like crazy a couple of days ago but who knows what he was barking at.  I will sit on the deck some today so may see it.  You all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 57 at 5:30 heading for a high in the mid-80's. Weather will bear watching today altho we may skate with less than initially forecast. Hope so. Lots to do. Yesterday, caught the escape artist ewe lamb that didn't want to be weaned and tossed her in the pen with the 4-H kid's market ewe. 4' panels so no way she's getting out of there I thought. Wrong! She climbed up the panel, hooked her front legs over the top and wiggled her way over it! I shut the barn doors so she couldn't escape from there and checked the electric fence to make sure that was charging. It wasn't so I spent a couple hours dicking around trying to find where it was grounded out. Got it and the lamb was still where it should've been this a.m. Need to finish up more gardening hopefully before lunch. Rain is likely after that.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS. I haven't heard about the moose on the loose. What is the story there?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that it has been between Warroad and Baudette and it went through Baudette evidently since it is east of town now.  It was on the road and someone honked and blinked lights etc to chase it into the woods I believe on Mon.  Was by Timbermill Park yesterday. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Betting it's Bigfoot.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It usually is... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here and heading for 65 today. Says it is going to rain, but looks nice and sunny right now. Finally took a garden hoe and worked up the spot for the Tomato plants last night. Got them in the ground and cages on them. Potatoes are starting to sprout in the containers. So will need to get more soil on those. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here and mostly clear skies...  heading to 81 today, not so warm today...  we will have plenty of the warmer weather later on.  got a few things to do today but for the most part an easy day..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 60 here last I looked & on our way to 74. Breezy already too. Hit a snag with his insurance yday but think that got taken care of when we got home. Got a few things on my list but not sure where to start yet. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is partly cloudy and 60. May hit 71 today.  Perfect.  I saw 84 yesterday at one time.  Not much going on today and that is fine with me.  Started some new exercises and couldn't sleep last night.  Steady dull pain.  Ice pack is helping.  Later boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.. fish on the smoker.  When there done off to some lake.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
So much for a nice looking yard. Full of leaves and sticks from last night's hail and wind. Alex kids shoot tomorrow, looks like a nice day for it. have a great day everyone. later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 65 at choretime heading for a high around 80. 1.29" of rain at the ranch & 1.22" in Bugtussle yesterday. Wife took off for MO until tomorrow nite so am unsupervised. Just thankful I got as much garden in as I did. Now I can focus my efforts on tracking down that missing transport of Sapphire. I give up on picking up sticks & branches for now markn. That river bitch tree is the worst. Car club meeting tonite at Barney's. Short cruise from Bugtussle. Good thing. Octogenarians will be crabby because we're eating so late, at 6:30! It'll mess their routine up so they'll probably go off feed. One of them has said he'll be bringing some prospective new members. Hopefully they're not 80+ years old. We've already met our quota. Should spend some quality time with Poppy this afternoon to help me get mentally prepared.   
« Last Edit: June 06/13/24, 09:11:54 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Sounds like a great group.  Probably a lot of fun.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What the flock you got against people over 80?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nothing against octogenarians long as I don't have to nursemaid them. Between one who can't hear and has tantrums when he doesn't get his way and another who can't read calendars or tell time, they're a blast! Actually there's a third guy who has his crap together. Even he shakes his head a lot of the time at the other two.

Almost forgot the biggest news from the ranch: We're officially done lambing for the season! (and the crowd goes wild... :coffee:)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah well look at Glenn and he's not even 70.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here and heading for 74 it says. Nice today then rainy tomorrow thru Tuesday TWC says. The state bird is thriving in all this moisture. Working until 2, then heading back down to Buffalo for the grandsons girlfriend's graduation party tomorrow. We left the camper down there. Coming back home Sunday. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and back up to 80 or so today..  was a nice day yesterday and hope today is the same...  got a few things done yesterday and have a few things for today too too...  have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's 55 and should see high 70's here today.  Lots of dew on the grass.  No big plans for me today.  LOL  A buddy may come over and cut a tree up for me.  He is retired too.  Getting bored I think.  Good for me.  Would be a great morning to be in a boat.  Will be awhile before that happens here.  I am walking with the cane more often now.  That is all of the excitement here.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54 now & we should end up around 77. Got in a little boat time already, not much for a breeze & not much for :fish2: either. Did most of mowing yday & what's left can wait. There's a couple more things on my list for today. No more now, have a great day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 59 at choretime heading for a high around 80. .02" of rain yesterday at the ranch and in Bugtussle proper. Car club meeting was typical. Both star octogenarians were at the top of their games. A couple tantrums from the one guy and the other was hot to trot to start the meeting so he could get to Wally World for computer paper. Never mind that the newcomers who were invited hadn't even had a chance to eat their food. One more reason I really don't like combining our monthly meetings with car outings. I told my buddy if I ever get like that, please shoot me. When I got home last nite, the lady from the newspaper called & wanted to do an interview at 9 p.m. Poppy needed some play time after being cooped up much of the day. So did I. The more I'm around people, the more I like dogs.     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
9pm interview!!! What is wrong with her???   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too with the dog thing.  AND yes 9 pm??? 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If my phone rings after 8pm it better be something important.