Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5325003 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and going for 81 today..  a warm one i think.. got apples to
pick up today and there are plenty on the ground again..  even have one pail full
already.  then start to think about mowing today or tomorrow..  see what else I have
to do..   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Laptop is back home, yipee. Much nicer than the phone. Needless to say there wasn't any grass blades harmed yesterday. Didn't get to FF yesterday so that's on today's list. I guess I'll try to mow after lunch today. Have to see how wet it still is first. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 65 here last I looked & we're headed for 80. I could mow between the garage & the big shed already again too, but it needs to dry. Got a couple other little things to get me moving & will go from there. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  Lake is calm. Looks like I'm wetting a line this AM ! :happy1:last full day at the cabin. Played with campfire wood on and off yesterday.

JLWA assoc meeting at 9 tomorrow morning  then head home.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy here at the moment.  Have a few projects to do today and this weekend and pushing the dock out further since the river went down and then getting the boat in the river is #1 at least to me.  LOL  I have been updating our heat ducts in the basement so should finish that project.  And our 4 year old upright freezer took a dump so need to get that looked at.  Good thing we have a deep freeze in the garage.  Bought the freezer and a dishwasher 4 years ago.  Like I said the freezer conked out and the paint is peeling off the dishwasher but at least it works.  Don't get much for $1,500 anymore. Freezer is Frigidaire and dishwasher is Whirlpool.  I thought we had nothing to worry about with top name brands.  ????  See ya later and have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! Another Crop Tour officially in the books. Determining our best guess at national corn and soybean production numbers went relatively smoothly last nite. We managed to have it wrapped up about 2:30 a.m. so a new record for us. Will still hit the wall later today I'm guessing. Up too many nites until midnite then up at 5 a.m. to hit the road by 6:30. Toss in a time change in OH and my body clock is all messed up. Nothing a good afternoon glenn nap won't solve altho Poppy may have something to say about that. Well, better keep at it. I have to get mentally prepared to go to the State Fair tomorrow then for an encore, head to Faribault to retrieve the sheep that get hauled out of there on Sunday. Fun just never stops around here.  :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a feeling you saw some nicer looking crops than what we have around here.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No doubt. This was the best crop of corn and soybeans I've seen in IN & IL in the 21 years I've been on the  eastern leg of the Crop Tour. OH was a little off of last year & IA while solid, didn't wow me like it has sometimes. MN is anybody's guess as it has some really good crop and some not so good crop like SC MN & SW MN. I warned them to be careful with MN however. SE MN looks solid as does the area once you get past Hutchinson and into the lighter ground going north. Even where it was non-irrigated on my recent travels, the crop looked amazing for how it frequently looks. The Red River Valley looks good too so you can easily get fooled if you just assume it all looks like SC & SW MN. Easy to do as we just sample the bottom third of the state. 
« Last Edit: August 08/23/24, 01:42:44 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Good morn. Been so busy hard to keep trak of everything. Live is good. Keep up the good men, and glenn.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You get all the fun Dotch!! Would be a neat trip tho  :happy1: Evening peoples,  rolled in bout 4:30 lakeside with county mounties hiding and with people pulled over in lotsa spots, I musta zigged and zagged perfectly.  Quickly chucked down a sammich and started cutting grass, got close to half done but like my old boss said, nothing is too important where it can't wait til tomorrow,  great guy. Anywho gonna have the pooches in the boat in the morning,  Maisy scares the crap otta us fishing, always dangling over the side while cruising.  Anywho best grab a refreshment....See ya!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and heading to 83 today...   never made it to 80 yesterday
and no wind at all..   so the grass was wet all day so mowing is going to happen
today..  have a good day all!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... yea Mike nary a breeze here yesterday.  Still hard to believe the lack of annoying bugs up here.  :scratch: I'll take it. :happy1:

Foggy as all get out here. Attend meeting at 9 then head back home

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 66 with 97% humidity @ 6 so I couldn't see past our bank. They said visibility was < 1/4 mile in spots early, it's better already here now though. We're headed for 84, they're sayin. Went for a boat ride early but couldn't hook 'em. :rolleyes: Had a light breeze here so I got my mowing done yday PM. We've got a lake association meeting today too, but ours is at noon. The new mower can use some TLC so that's where I'll start this day. 'Bout it here have a great day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 65 here with 92% hunidity.  So foggy a bit.  I think it barely hit 81 yesterday but not for long.  Had no wind here neither.  Turned out to be a nice night though.  Gonna move the dock before the Vikes game and mayhaps even get the boat back in finally.  Gonna be a fun day.  ??  You all have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. Been busy visiting with my parents. Supposed to be in the mid 80s today, but still only 75 with the breeze off of the lake.  The girls took off to go to town, so my Dad and I are watching the Vikes. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I fergot the vikes played today, oh well don't think we get fox in the land of lakes n woods here. Afternoon peoples 82 and getting sticky. Fishin was ok this morning not one sheepie boated..lol. Did tho have a nice northern on that got away. Pulled out a frozen pigeon fer Maisy to play fetch with earlier and she did dynamite.  Thru it deep in the woods where the underbrush swallowed it up, just hope she didn't find any ticks. Anywho best find some shade....See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the dock moved deeper and boat in the river.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home about 2;30 ish. its warm and sticky......supposed to get worse tomorrow.  :surrender: :confused: looks like the wife didn't kill the garden  :rotflmao: did some picking and watering.......should get caught up tomorrow.

time to play a Dotch and relax!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It did hit 87 here but not the predicted 88.  Took a nice boat ride with Cooper and Jake.  Went up to Silver Creek and back.  Felt great. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from campground last night. Headed to trap range for Youth Activity Outdoor Day today. Had over 2,700 kids last year and 30 plus things to do. Starts at 10:00, ends at 4:00, should be a hoot. If anyone is in the Alex area today stop by the trap range South of town and give us a visit. I'll be the good looking guy helping out with the trap shooting. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have fun Mark!!  69 here and heading for 86 they say..  got the yard mowed
and it was warm!!  today will really be warm too..  got more apples given away yesterday
too..  that much less for ground falls..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, only 68 here with 92 % humidity @ 6:15 today :rolleyes: & we should see 85. I even gave the new mower a few shots of grease yday. So, that should be good to go for the next month or so now. Go get a paper then I might think about mowing down by the road, if it's not too wet. Have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 71 here and heading for mid 80s again today it says. Think we made 85 yesterday. See what we end up with today. We went out to Cyrus for supper last night. Good eats there. Plan is to make biscuits and gravy for breakfast before my parents head out. Then putz with some projects this afternoon. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 70 and 85% humidity.  Breezy too.  Feels like a stormy day but no mention of it on Accu.  Forecasted 90 now for today. No big plans yet.  We shall see what happens.  Biscuits and gravy sounds great.  Say hi to Mom and Dad.  LOL  Well time for more coffee.  Have a good one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......got a fresh batch of Tanzanian coffee from the coffee guy  :happy1: sure tastes good this morning. wife said the dewpoint is 73 already....if that sun comes out its going to be butt ugly outside later. weather terrorists already are warning to stay inside later today.

need  to water and finish picking garden stuff this morning............fish need to hit the smomer later too!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  75 gloomy and thick here at the lake. Went out fishing dogless earlier way better, dragging my fav weedless spoon tipped with a white tail around , caught 3 little snot rockets and missed a few more, let em all go free. Took the pooches fer a stroll now just waiting on breakfast before we pack up and head back.  Anywho se ya on the flip side!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's to low 90's. Ishy out there right now. The AC feels good, briefly, after some outside activities. And more of those to do. The sheep we exhibited at the State Fair will be coming home later today. They moved up the release time an hour so need to be ready when they're trailering them to Faribault, our rendezvous spot. Our trailer is there so will have to load them out of the guy's trailer or barn. One of the buck lambs has been doctoring for some kind of respiratory ailment so will have to pay special attention to him. Otherwise we had a great day in the showring yesterday. I was part of the pit crew. I caught, removed hoods & blankets, pick the straw off the sheep's bellies, then moved them out of the pen and into the chute for each class. When it came time to show, I stayed out of the way, let the younger pros handle it. And they did. We won every class we were entered in except the March ewe lamb class. That one was one of ours that the 4-H girl was showing. The fitting job Dylan Nohner put on them was outstanding. 
« Last Edit: August 08/25/24, 11:23:35 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: :party1: :Clap: :Clap: :applause: :applause:
adda boy..............

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Dotch.  Makes all of that hard work worth it I bet.   :sleazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman