Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960823 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys! Just another day in paradise :bonk:. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
TGIF!!  Yes I have tomorrow off.  Heading to Ottertail for our annual family get together.  Used to be Christmas but someone if one corner of the state always had bad weather so we changed it to Sept.  Great idea.  Now we have no worries.  My brother is the host this year so he is going to do a prime rib on his pellet smoker.  Can't wait. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds good LPS!!!    mornin all, another good day in the books...  today is run to town day and get weekly supplies.. not much else going on, still have to think about mowing, oh well have a good one all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We did our grocery run yday, so we're set for another week. GR was busy yday as everywhere we went the cash registers were busy. Especially all the places we like to go for lunch. 49 & sprinkles here early so we stayed in, supposed to start warmin back up with the wind settling down, finally. More mowing in my future too, Mike, not sure it'll be today though. Hope you enjoy your Thursday everyone.
« Last Edit: September 09/07/17, 12:02:19 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mornin' from 46* degree and cloudy Swampville. Nuttin' on da books today, just like yday. Mowed and picked up some final winter foodstuffs when I was nosing at Menard's...odd place to get yer groceries...! Two bags of the tato and wild rice soup mix, (Only place that has the shorelunch soup mix)  pinto beans and some tomato paste. Pintos are really gettin' hard to find for some reason down here, got to have them for Reb's Hellfire Chili. Others use (ulp) kidney beans, hamburger, and tomato sauce.....ha!!  :rotflmao: That ain't chili, that's Minnysoda watered down goo-lash. Debating entering an upcoming chili cook-off, (I have before, and placed in top three) but the snooty snobs in this town would be one of the judges, so why bother? No knowledgeable chili-heads here to judge. 
Have a good xmas celebration Barry...thats a good idea.  "Ottertail"....hee! That's always cracked me up. Wonder how they named it that? Anywho, have a good one guys. Need some cawfee to warm up, it's chilly in here!!! Furnace doesn't get flipped on until October in Rebland.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09/07/17, 09:12:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the time has finally come, I have the car all packed and gassed up and ready to go. Get a couple hours of sleep tonight and will be on the road by 2:30 am and god willing should be in Superior, WI by 4:30pm then Saturday morning off to live the Life of Riley for the week on vermilion. Y'all have a great week cause I know I will :happybounce: :happybounce: :rocker; :rocker;
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a great time, coffee!!! Wish I was you!!!  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
enjoy coffee!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the time has finally come, I have the car all packed and gassed up and ready to go. Get a couple hours of sleep tonight and will be on the road by 2:30 am and god willing should be in Superior, WI by 4:30pm then Saturday morning off to live the Life of Riley for the week on vermilion. Y'all have a great week cause I know I will :happybounce: :happybounce: :rocker; :rocker;

Have a great time.  Sorry I don't have any great walleye spots for you.   Buddy of mine has been doing ok with leadcore down frazier bay way.   Sort of a long ride.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 going for a balmy 66 today..  looks to be a good day with not a lot on the books today either, just get to plug along!!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Have fun Coffee, catch a bunch!! Well I am off to the hunting shack dis afternoon to go chase Yogi and do some 4 wheelin tomorrow. Hope he cooperates, He is a nice bear. Keeping my fingers crossed since I am only going to get a couple of weekends to hunt. Have a good one all. I Just need to survive until 1:30. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :fudd: :fudd: go gettm JB!!!!!!!!!

morning all , its friday beer and a campfire is in store fer tonite!!!!!! get ready to make some mater juice and chop some up for the freezer tomorrow. started putting some of the canning stuff away last nite!

have a good day all.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are finishing packing the camper.  Heading out soon for the family Christmas in Sept. gig.  Will be a great time.  Leaving the dogs home which is sad but don't need any more commotion for this weekend.  They are sitting here looking at me with "that" look right now.  lol  They know!!!  Have a great set up for them when we are gone but they would rather go with us.  Will have to take them camping in a few weeks.  lol  Have a great weekend all of you.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
have a great weekend LPS!!!!!!! my hounds are the same way, my lab whines so bad when i load up the truck it sounds like someones beating her!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We are finishing packing the camper.  Heading out soon for the family Christmas in Sept. gig.  Will be a great time.  Leaving the dogs home which is sad but don't need any more commotion for this weekend.  They are sitting here looking at me with "that" look right now.  lol  They know!!!  Have a great set up for them when we are gone but they would rather go with us.  Will have to take them camping in a few weeks.  lol  Have a great weekend all of you.

got to love the dogs!!!  Have a good Christmas!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 43 & foggy when we started moving.  :fish2: were in a playful mood right away today, at least for me. Left them in the lake again. I thought they said it was going to be warming up again starting yday but now they're sayin low to mid 60's yet today. Have a great  :fishing: trip Coffee & hope the rest of ya have a good start to the weekend :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/09/17, 08:29:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Been busy around the house and elsewhere.  Seems like I'm more busy being retired than when I was working.  Today I'm going begin the process of making some old fashion franks.  Grind the meat and mix the seasoning in.  Leave it in the fridge overnight and stuff and smoke tomorrow.  Get the casings ready also today.  25 lbs.  Summer sausage next week and some ring bologna.  Canadian bacon also.  Deer camp coming up.  Have a great time at Vermillion Coffee.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it up to Vadnais Heights to watch the grandkids while parental units go to U2

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My, you are a Gadabout Gaddis, aren't you? With or without the fish!    ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That be me... burning up the highway

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope you get better mileage than Mr. Sparkles.   :doah:  I'd trade, but he was paid off the day I bought him, and I STILL don't have 20,000 miles or so much as a scratch (god forbid) on him. He's basically a new truck. Maybe someone wants a brand new truck with the last of the 5.4 Tritons..... :scratch:
« Last Edit: September 09/08/17, 05:27:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 out there and feels good, going for 72 today.. got a nice bike ride in yesterday, about 90 or so miles..  hope to again today or tomorrow or both!!  other than that not much going on again here today...   have a good day all!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                                                       :cold:

Frost Advisory issued September 09 at 3:29AM CDT until September 09 at 8:00AM CDT by NWS

Carlton, South St. Louis; Central St. Louis; Koochiching; North Itasca; North St. Louis; Northern Aitkin; Northern Cook, Northern Lake; South Itasca; Southern Cook, North Shore; Southern Lake, North Shore
...FROST POSSIBLE ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE NORTHLAND... ...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM CDT THIS MORNING... * LOCATION...northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. * TEMPERATURES...32 TO 37. * TIMING...Through 8 am Saturday. * IMPACTS...Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I not sure what kind of koolaid they drink at the NWS :scratch: but this part of Itasca Co. had 48 for a low & the Bemidji weather channel was only a degree or 2 colder. :bonk: Pretty breezy early so no  :fishing: for us, maybe later. Finally finished my mowing yday, so nothin too pressing on my list, I'll just have to wing it. Supposed to make 70 today & 80's in the forcast for the next couple days, we'll see. Enjoy your Saturday everyone

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope you get better mileage than Mr. Sparkles.   :doah:  I'd trade, but he was paid off the day I bought him, and I STILL don't have 20,000 miles or so much as a scratch (god forbid) on him. He's basically a new truck. Maybe someone wants a brand new truck with the last of the 5.4 Tritons..... :scratch:
Highlander. Getting 22.3 mpg for the last 2k miles.  Makes the old explorer look bad.

If I was really concerned, we could take mama''s 95 accord and get more like 33 mpg.  Only 55k on it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hwy and city combined, best I can do is 15.1.  Hwy I did around 20 pulling my boat.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I am truly amazed by how much better my 2015 Highlander is compared to the 98 Explorer that it replaced.   Smoother, better mileage, more powerful...   

And cheaper, adjusted for inflation.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Great news but, not for me! :angry2:  Just got an e-mail from Lund. Now offering a $900.00 rebate on the 2017 lund 1625 Fury XL* . Also included a free travel cover. :happy1:

I bought one in June wit no rebate or no free cover.  :pouty:

:taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

If you would like some of Lee's cash just click on da money shot:

(Remember take some and leave some)
:moon:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/09/17, 08:23:13 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am truly amazed by how much better my 2015 Highlander is compared to the 98 Explorer that it replaced.   Smoother, better mileage, more powerful...   

And cheaper, adjusted for inflation.

Exploder's weren't the best vehicles around. Not bad; just not great. Hence their nickname.  ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Exploder's weren't the best vehicles around. Not bad; just not great. Hence their nickname.  ;)

They got that name from the great tire recall incident.   Mine was quite reliable and durable, and rust free.   But progress marches on.   And when you see it in 17 year chunks it is quite noticeable.