Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960984 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
7* here. "Yday's "dusting" of snow turned into hundred and eleventeen inches with winds and drifts.. Gonna be out blowing and shoveling all morning. Not %$#@ happy today....   

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
So Coffee, Big Ben doesn't like running a QB sneak? :scratch: :confused: :evil:
He is 18 of 19 lifetime on 4th and a yard or less. So way in the hell do you pass or pitch it back five yards to the running back.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't paying close enough attention to the line play to know if Pittsburgh felt confident running the "QB Sneak" when everybody expected it was coming.

You'd think Rothlesburger and the center can check into that play any time with a "knowing pat on the butt," but that didn't happen either.  So Ben must have thought their best chance was with the called play.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that was one hell of a game!!  Partied like a rock star on that one.  No work today of course.  Holiday.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon down and help me get rid of this snow, then!    :mad1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it's been a back and forth week for me.  First my mom goes into the hospital with the flu and right after that my dad goes in with the flu and a worse case of pneumonia.  My mom went into a nursing home for rehab and is now doing well.  My dad is still in the hospital and doing well.  I'm going back up Saturday.  Got to watch the game yesterday and that game lifted my spirit a lot.  What a ending.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck RH.............
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad it went well for you and your  Mom and Dad, RH. I've gone from the frying pan into the blast furnace with my Mom's situation. Hope you never encounter this.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon down and help me get rid of this snow, then!    :mad1:

And of course, after getting everything cleared of the snow, pulling snow off roof onto deck after blowing it off once, go to start little blower...*SNAP*! goes the starter cord.  $#@!%  Second time this year.  Reb's super fast fix'em. Using my tricky fix, had that shroud and starter pulley off, new cord wound on, spring rewound up tight, and back on unit in 20 mns flat.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Dealt with a few recoils myself :mad1:, had a couple get the best if me :bonk:, you must be a expert. :bow: Might've had a little over 2" here, didn't take long with the wheeler & blade.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Recoil never worked very well on my 8 hp ariens, but electric was good.   Today it decided to go on strike, must be union starter.   

Called Podein's and they were there to pick it up in a few hours.   So, for the first time in decades I shoveled the driveway, even though wifey was sure I would die of heart attack.   

Lucky for her and me it was light snow.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dealt with a few recoils myself :mad1:, had a couple get the best if me :bonk:, you must be a expert. :bow: Might've had a little over 2" here, didn't take long with the wheeler & blade.

It's a 2 cycle MTD Tecumseh engine. 3 screws hold shroud on; take off. Burn end of new nylon cord, wrap half of bread twistie around end, wind small piece of tape around and over that. Reverse wind recoil assy by hand, when it's tight as ya want, line up external rope hole and inner spool hole, (they're at differnt angles) stick screwdriver in housing to hold it there. Thread bread twistie thru shroud hole and into and thru inner recoil assy hole, (Which are offset) pull thru, knot off.  Done!  (Don't forget to thread rope thru blower body housing hole first!)
« Last Edit: January 01/15/18, 07:19:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a very knowledgeable man Rebs.  Good for you.  Too bad you aren't my neighbor.  I am good at figuring things out but one never knows everything.  So whats the weather going to be like at Philly next Sunday.  And I still have a bit of a hoarse throat from screaming yesterday.  So I am taking next Monday off.  I will be partying like a rock star on Sunday.  We got Theilen and Smith Jerseys for Christmas for each of us.  So we wore Theilen the first half and switched to Smith for the second half.  How much fun is that???  UPDATE:  The high for the day in Philly is going to be about 55.  Nice day for football. 
« Last Edit: January 01/15/18, 05:42:45 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The wedder morjits lied again. :bonk: ;) :smiley: It started flakin 'bout 9 & gettin a little more serious now, pretty windy too. glenn must still be around? :scratch: ;) :rotflmao:

Flakin' here, too. Towns fulla flakes anyway.... ;) Sent nozzle nose (Glenn) an E-mail last nite; no reply. That means no fish... :rotflmao:
hey bologna brain, I can't get email up there where I be at!! :crazy: :pouty: :rotflmao: I'm BAACCCK!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well excuuuuuuuse me! ....... :moon: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/15/18, 06:02:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
-16 here but gonna be above 0 today they say.  Back to the grind after the big holiday.   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same temp as LPS. Morning boys. I m looking forward to some milder temps that are coming. Even next week looks like highs in single digits above zero. Just another day in paradise. No holiday weekend for me. Have a good one all!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, -9 to start our day. Reb, the last recoil we had to deal with was on the blower back in Ia. That too was a Tecumseh & after lookin at it I saw there was only 3 screws to take it off the engine housing. My brother found a aftermarket replacement online for $10-$15, so we went that route. Looks like we're heading in to GR today, need some groceries & a few things from L & M. Have a good day all

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -12 here and going for 3 above.  that will be nice and warmer more fore Friday..  one can sure tell Glenn is back!!!   to funny!!  have a good one all!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Mikey  :angry2: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning all.....its a heat wave only-6 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! got a couple tings to do den i'll get da football thing updated.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning to you to Glenn!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 3* here. Another wonderful day ahead. Gunner, usually people take one look at that recoil assy and say "There's no way to get a new rope in there!" Or, They pry it apart, lift cover off, and *SPROING* goes da spring. That's usually how I get them; spring tangled up and hanging out... :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much going on today except I'm going to take some snow off the edges of the house.  With that warm weather coming it will melt some off that roof.  Putting more mouse traps in the basement also.  Got a few so far.  Those buggers sure can get into small places.  Have a great day everyone.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been there, done that too, Reb.  :bonk: :surrender:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  I should do that too RH.  Will have to wait till Sat for me to do it though.  Looking forward to this warm up. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. A friend of mine worked for a medical company on maintenance and learned that a mouse can fit thru a 1/4" hole. If they can fit their skull thru they can wiggle the rest of the body thru. Certainly looking forward to the warm up. Should be much nicer cutting wood this weekend. Well, back to the grind. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 above this morning and the heat wave begins....  yea JB this should be  much better weekend for cutting wood...  doing anything outside will be nicer!!!  have a good day all.....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we've got 10 & a south breeze goin. Almost sounds like shorts & T shirt weather after what we've had lately. :happy1: I might actually get out :fishing: 1 of the next couple days. Got back from GR by ~ 2:30 yday. A few things that have been gettin put off to do outside, so better go. Hope you have a good day

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well fellas I’m officially a farmer. Next step is sheep so I can have
My own rambalamba contest. Mark...I told Lisa about my sheep education program the other night. She looked at me like I was nuts and laughed her butt off at the education you gave me. We were eating Sous Vide lamb chops. Thought of Del then and obviously you. 

These six chickens are pumping out 4.4 eggs per day on average. That’s a lot of eggs. Some freeze in the coop but eat just the same to me once ya thaw em out. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Two Buck Chuck 2016.