Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904387 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Just walked the wife to her classes so I have the day to goof off.  I may explore the skyway system.  So Rebs is the weather like this every year in Rochester? 

Not always, Barry, but we do get a lot of humid days down here. This year has been unreal, though. It really hasn't ended all summer, been like this since mid June. Makes it really miserable, no one wants to even go outside, and the AC runs continually.  :angry:
« Last Edit: August 08/27/18, 08:27:59 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just walked the wife to her classes so I have the day to goof off.  I may explore the skyway system. 

"Your attention mall shoppers, we have a lost person in the skyway system"...."An older male wearing a gray MNO T-shirt, was last seen at the mini-donut stand"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Glenn told me to do it.
« Last Edit: August 08/27/18, 08:33:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Even if I do get lost I sure hope you guys don't find out. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We wouldn't remember it anyway.  :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :laugh: Mornin boys, 62* when I checked. Had some stormy weather overnight, it only lasted a 1/2 hour or so but we had .5" of rain, & what sounded like some pretty good wind along with a bit of hail. Luckily it looks like the wind & hail didn't last as long as the rain. Some clothes on the line already, the wind has went NW & they're talkin 15 mph for today, the lake will be pretty choppy so no :fishing: today. :sad:. Hope you enjoy your Monday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
If Barry does get lost. We may not remember it if we do find out, But we won't let him forget it either. Not supposed to get out of the 50's the next 2 days here.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon down here, JB, we'll be havin' weenie roasts...and not the over-the-campfire kind!  :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did bring my MNO shirt too.  I will do some PR work for ya HD...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good morning...……...live from grand rapids!!!! picked up my deer license and applied for the anterless permit. hoping the weather behaves, I see fishing in the near future. tomorrow its pound on the company day!!!!!!!! :dancinred:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good morning...……...live from grand rapids!!!! picked up my deer license and applied for the anterless permit. hoping the weather behaves, I see fishing in the near future. tomorrow its pound on the company day!!!!!!!! :dancinred:

good luck!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

good luck!!!!
:happy1: :happy1: thanks!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a big buck saunter across the road in front of me this AM on the way out to my Mom's...  :deer:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon gang! Back from my journey east & the State Fair following dat. Still suffering from jet lag so prolly means I need to consume some jet fuel...lol. Trouble in Cabela's credit card land upon my return so trying to battle those clowns. Ordered a pizza in IL with it a few days ago then went to use it yesterday. No go. Called the mofo's. They wanted a notarized copy of my driver''s license, a copy of my SS card, & a recent pay stub. I made it clear to the lady that I was not amused and this rigmarole would make me less likely to do business with them. Will likely cancel the card after I redeem every last cent of my points. Absolutely ridiculous. Getting another FF card for my business acct. Way to piss me off Cabela's!  :angry2:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Cabelas did that to me a few years ago.  The USDA had a training class set up in LA..  used the card for my room and a couple other things and next thing it's dead!!  card no good!!!  WHAT!!!!!  I called the wife and was telling here about it and she said they called and talked to here and she told yes I was out there, long story short cause the card was in my name I had to call them!!  it was pain but I got the card working again!!!  in other words they want you to notify them when you are some where new or away from home...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And how, over the phone, would they know it was YOU? Stoopid knobs! Going (gone) thru the sam sh** with the cable company, trying to pay my Mom's bill off and turn in the equipment..."No, it has to be the person who's name it's in"...he's in a nursing home with dementia!!!  :doah: Went round and round with Charter...Finally told 'em to shove the bill up their hooter, and come get the equipment themselves. Have fun, idjits!  :moon:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea its a really good idea if your going somewhere not your normal, and I know with Dotch that's hard to define, :rotflmao: :mooning: to contact the card company as to your travel plans!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
And how, over the phone, would they know it was YOU? Stoopid knobs! Going (gone) thru the sam sh** with the cable company, trying to pay my Mom's bill off and turn in the equipment..."No, it has to be the person who's name it's in"...he's in a nursing home with dementia!!!  :doah: Went round and round with Charter...Finally told 'em to shove the bill up their hooter, and come get the equipment themselves. Have fun, idjits!  :moon:

because of the security questions they ask you when it's set up, the card, and then you attempt to remember them to get things righted!!  but it does have to be the person who set it up....

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
yea its a really good idea if your going somewhere not your normal, and I know with Dotch that's hard to define, :rotflmao: :mooning: to contact the card company as to your travel plans!!!!!!!

This would make sense IF you're going someplace specific. In my case, we cover thousands of miles in a week's time. We're all over the place every day so while we know where we'll wind up each night, it's no reflection on where we've been in between stops. Seriously, we don't even know that most of the time! :rotflmao: What really irks me most just thinking about it, I used my FF Visa card in Canada at the duty free shop back in July and bought 2 liters of gin (was using the credit from the guy who doesn't drink for a bonus bottle :happy1:). Nary a peep from them about a purchase made in another country no less! I suspect the recent purchase by Bass Pro Shop hasn't helped matters and if there's some way they can screw people out of their Cabela's points they're sure gonna try it. What do they have to lose? I'm the one who has to do all the legwork to prove I'm me. Plus I'm still on the hook for any balance on the card. And if they lose a few black card customers here and there as a result, no biggy. They'll just find some other dummies. They don't care.  :mooning:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why my VISA is thru my credit union. (plus 9% interest rate) I've set mine up so any purchase, anywhere, over $1, I get an instantaneous automatic E-mail. You can set it at any amount and whenever you want to be notified. I love it. That how I caught the $48 utility charge in Guadalajara, Mexico....right after I used it at HOME DEPT.....hmmm...go figger...and another for $250 down in Georgia. Wasn't responsible for either of course, and acct was credited back as soon as I notified them. Both were after online purchases, which I haven't done in 2 years, and not one problem since then.
« Last Edit: August 08/27/18, 04:25:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So $50 in Mexico and $250 in Georgia..??..??..  HHHmmmm...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, no, don't even say it!  :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :happy1:  You know what I'm thinking.  Closer to home it's easier to........  Oh nothing.  Do you see lot's of familiar little kids in the Walmarts there?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Little rainy and cool dis morning, had 1/8" in  da gauge dis morning. Supposed to be in the 50's and rainy most of the day today. Da wife and I have dentist appointments after work today. Udder den dat, not much new happnin. Just anudder day in bearadise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all.. got .9 of rain yesterday..  most real fast..  going down to Sartell this morning to the VA..  have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 51* when I hit the garage. Looks like we had a little more rain overnight, not sure how much :scratch: as I haven't checked our gauges yet today. The crappies have started bitin here :happy1:, boated 6 or 7, a couple got off boat side, & I missed 4 or 5 more. That's OK :cool: with me as all were released to fight another day anyway. While messin with 1 of my ongoing projects yday morning I happened to gaze down the drive & couldn't see the road. Found out there was 15-18' of a ft across dead poplar along with 2 or 3 pretty big branches of some other trees layin there. Took me a 1/2 -3/4 hr with the Grizzly & a rope along with a couple rakes to get most of that cleaned up decent. Still need to run down there with the chainsaw to cut up the poplar so I can roll that into the woods, that's top of my list for today. Don't think we'll make 70* today, may go back out :fishing: later. Have good un
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just walked the wife to here training which is about 3 blocks.  Drizzly morning which feels great to me.  I think I will go to the Aquarium today.  They are redoing the gas and water mains in the street right below our window so I am keeping tabs on that project too.  Maybe I should go see if the need any help.....  :rotflmao: :crazy:  I used to do a lot of that kind of stuff.  Fun to watch.  Good operators on the excavators too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain and hume again here all day. Crows have been CAWCAWCAWCAWing since 5:30 AM. I notice they do that on cloudy or foggy days,  really never seem to do it on sunny mornings. Maybe their eyes are so bad they can't see each other and need to shout. Kinda like old pharts.
Had some storms last nite, but most of the nasty stuff missed us. Red Wing airport got creamed. We had about 10 mns of the high winds, and received 1.5" rain. Just we need. More hume making stuff. Gag me hume right now and 64* with rain. Morjits say just one more day of it....ya, right. Gonna be a laid back day for me. Maybe some house cleaning.
And Barry, don't tap on the glass at the aquarium. Makes the fish mad.  :rotflmao:

http://www.kttc.com/story/38976433/2018/08/28/strong-storms-leave-trail-of-damage-in-southern-minnesota

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/28/18, 09:26:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, It's grey and rumbling and spitting a little here. Got a nice gift yesterday, my second grandson. 9lbs 8oz. We are going to go see him pretty quick here, taking his two and a half year old brother with us. Might be interesting.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :happy1:  You know what I'm thinking.  Closer to home it's easier to........  Oh nothing.  Do you see lot's of familiar little kids in the Walmarts there?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Not that I'm aware of.... but ya never know....:confused:  :moon:   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/28/18, 09:45:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning, back in rapids. got chased off the lake yesterday afternoon. had an inch of rain sunday nite when I got up here, another inch Monday morning and another inch this morning. it sure did some thundering last nite.

and holy Hannah suppose to get down to 41 tonight, I might need to find on of finches native lady friends to snuggle with tonight!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: