Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952497 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well looks like the rain is bypassing us again.  Got some of the bad deck boards replaced.  Should finish this afternoon.  The guy was just here trimming the horses feet.  I used to do that as a part time thing but quit doing it a few years ago.  Too hard on the body.  I like the kid that does them.  Hard worker.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Working on horse's feet is right up there with sheep shearing. Always getting beat on. Don't know how some of those guys do it.

Great weekend aside from the weather playing Russian roulette. Waited until this a.m. to get serious about it. Think it was just lulling us to sleep tho. Another 2" - 4" forecast between this afternoon & tonite. Ground is already saturated, days getting shorter, crops are done taking up much moisture & temps are supposed to cool off so it'll get muddier and stay muddy.

The highlight of the weekend was a cruise to the Waseca DQ in the Silver Hawk with my niece and nephew. They really got a charge out of riding in the white bird. Hwy 13 was just redone so it was a sweet ride.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Just getting ready to go out and get something done before the rain hits here.  Rebs CCO showed you getting very wet today.  Unreal.  Had a great weekend.  See ya all later.
Rained pretty good for a while this morning, then quit and has been just steamy since.   Supposed to get washed away tonight.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Let's hope the morjits are wrong as usual, or we'll be surfin' birds.... :bonk:

« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 03:19:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now we get tornadoes with it too, Delmar. Good thing they found Dorothy's slippers.... :doah:

Hazardous Weather Conditions
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Special Weather Statement

Flash Flood Watch in effect from September 4, 04:00 PM CDT until September 5, 07:00 AM CDT
Tornado Watch in effect from September 4, 03:35 PM CDT until September 4, 10:00 PM CDT
« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 03:45:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey yea'all can go sail surfing or wadever dey call it!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Windsurfin'? I told the NL if the sirens go off, run over and we can snugglepoo thru it. :rotflmao:  The danged rain just started...there goes my grilled chicky.  :angry:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I still got some leftover grilled chicky in the backseat of my car. Altho you might have to fight off the hot chicks to get any of it...lol
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a drop here.  The sky got dark and I was hoping to get rained out on my deck board replacement project but no rain.  SO the stress of no rain enticed me to take a 40 min. nap anyway.  My attitude improved greatly after the nap and 2 oatmeal cookies.  Changed another board after that!   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost 5 1/2" here so far, and still coming down........with all the other stuff.

Hazardous Weather Conditions
Flash Flood Watch in effect from September 4, 04:00 PM CDT until September 5, 07:00 AM CDT
Special Weather Statement
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Tornado Watch in effect from September 4, 03:35 PM CDT until September 4, 10:00 PM CDT
Flash Flood Warning  in effect from September 4, 06:22 PM CDT until September 4, 09:15 PM CDT
« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 07:38:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Plenty rain, no tornadoes although it was funny watching the weather doof on tv, I think kaal, talking about "rain wrapped tornadoes"  and trying to see it with their various cameras when it was darn near dark.... Like dood, you can't see it because it is dark out whether rain wrapped or not.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that too....before DirecTV went out.  :angry:  For once, he didn't say "uptick"....he usually says that about 18 times in his forecast.
« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 07:40:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
6"+ and still raining hard at almost 10 PM...............holy cripes on a friggin' cracker. Have standing water in my yard, never seen that. :doah:

https://www.postbulletin.com/gallery/photos-flash-flooding-in-rochester/collection_d3571cb6-b0a3-11e8-a2aa-d7c58d857ff0.html#16
« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 09:59:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Holy crap that is a lot of rain. That is usually the kind of rains we would get up here, but the last 2 years it has all been south. Not much new on the  front here. Just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sure sounds like the SE part of the state got the rains!!  a strange year again..   got a few things done yesterday and a few small things to do today.  so an easy day!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
GOOD MORNING MNO!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Unreal Rebs.  That is one heck of a lot of water coming down.  I actually would have liked to see it.  Was it windy too?  Hope it doesn't cause any damage.  We used to get a wet basement when it rained hard but then I brought in 3 tandem loads of dirt and raised it around the house.  That pretty much stopped it.  Then I also got seamless gutters to help a little.  Haven't had a wet basement since. 

Well I have a little more to do on the deck today.  Then get out my homemade wood splitter that I love and split some wood.  I will show you pics of it in a day or two.  I am learning from these other guys that are retired such as Mikes earlier post.  Got a few things done yesterday and a few things to do today.  So an easy day!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Don't have to get it all done in one day.  What a great feeling!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..............lotz to do again today.

yea thats a bunch of rain, i know of a few lakes up nort that could use that excessive amount of water to fill up.  :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is a little lake we like to put a little 12 or 14 ft boat in. Last time I was in it this spring the water level was just below that rock you see on the right. At one time that rock was 3 ft under water.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 56* & a steady NW wind blowin early on. Had :fishing: 1 sunny, 1 little rocko, along with 1 small crappie, only kept the crappie. How far from your place is that, 57? We sure don't need NO 6" of rain here or I'd have to move the dock & lift again. The water's gettin a bit on the cool side for that(<70* surface temps), so I'd probably haveta put the waders on to do it right. With the 3/4" we had yday, I figure we're at 2.25" in ~ the last 10 days. It looks like we'll be takin a road trip again tomorrow but this time we'll be seeing Hwy 61 & the BIG LAKE. Got some business at Sam's & the Save Big Money Store, sure we'll have a couple more stops in there too. My schedule is less cluttered than LPS's was yday. ;) :laugh: That's all for now, hope ya have a good 1.
« Last Edit: September 09/05/18, 09:19:29 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
about a mile and a half north. if you go past were we turn in keep going up the road before you get to the curve in the road.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! By now Reb must be on his way down to St. Louis on the neighbor lady's inflatable mattress!  :rotflmao: 4.42" of rain at the ranch and 3.70" in Bugtussle proper. For the month that makes 4.91" at the ranch & 4.71" in town. Normal for September is 3.67" at the SROC in Waseca. The good news in all this is in recent years when we've had major rainfall events like this in September, it's been followed by lengthy stretches of nice weather. Will it happen again? Does everything average out? We shall see.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! By now Reb must be on his way down to St. Louis on the neighbor lady's inflatable mattress!  :rotflmao: 

We're havin' trouble steering..... :rotflmao:  Officially 6.5" here. Lotsa flooded streets,parking lots, and basements. Some were pretty deep. Unreal how the idjits go roaring thru it, then car stalls. Lots of pics of people being towed out of water,  how stoopid can ya be?! Should make a movie here, "Idjits on parade". Surprisingly, my sump pump ran once....can't even hear any water dripping or running into the pit. Rain musta run off too fast. I'll give it a day, though, bet it'll seep down. Other than that, not much here in the new, improved Swampville. Humid as a cow again. Will it ever end?  Time for some bacon and eggs...have a  good one guys.

Idjits blasting thru the water here... :doah:

« Last Edit: September 09/05/18, 09:14:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! By now Reb must be on his way down to St. Louis on the neighbor lady's inflatable mattress!  :rotflmao: 

We're havin' trouble steering..... :rotflmao:  Officially 6.5" here. Lotsa flooded streets,parking lots, and basements. Some were pretty deep. Unreal how the idjits go roaring thru it, then car stalls. Lots of pics of people being towed out of water,  how stoopid can ya be?! Should make a movie here, "Idjits on parade". Surprisingly, my sump pump ran once....can't even hear any water dripping or running into the pit. Rain musta run off too fast. I'll give it a day, though, bet it'll seep down. Other than that, not much here in the new, improved Swampville. Humid as a cow again. Will it ever end?  Time for some bacon and eggs...have a  good one guys.

Yup, Dotch....I think Rebs should go chase er down with Mr. Sparkles

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, Dotch....I think Rebs should go chase er down with Mr. Sparkles

HEY! Don't you have some shoes to go sell??? :mad1:

And you just shaddup, ya liddle blue varmint! Go get yerself some varmint poontang!  :fudd:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one HD! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Morning boys. 41 to start the day here, Lots of frost and freeze warnings up in this neck of the woods. To early for that crap. Going to run and check da bear bait after work today. Plan to hunt tomorrow after work. Well, just anudder day in bearadise. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  got a lot done yesterday, even got the grass mowed!!  go to town and get supplies this morning and then this afternoon go get the bike back home..  turned out I was right, it had an issue and needed serious warranty work..  and that warrant is over Saturday!!  not much more going on so have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  got a lot done yesterday, even got the grass mowed!!  go to town and get supplies this morning and then this afternoon go get the bike back home..  turned out I was right, it had an issue and needed serious warranty work..  and that warrant is over Saturday!!  not much more going on so have a good day all!!

What? The training wheels burned up?   :rotflmao:

50* and sunny here in the new and improved Swampville. Morjits "officially" announced we got 6.6" rain. I already knew that. My rain gauge told me.  :rolleyes: Looks like a string of 70 degree weather and sun....with no hume.
Finally! Now maybe the yard will dry out in a week. Sump pump did kick on yday, was puking out about every half hour or so, which isn't too bad. Not like the every 6 mns this Spring it was doing. Saw lotsa damage from the rains yday, end of my street had two manhole covers blown off, still off and laying there (nice hazard) some big holes washed in road  where construction had been going on, mud and crap everywhere.  Give those lazy city workers something to do for the high city taxes we pay here. No big plans today, pick up some groceries and pull the plants from the ceme for the year, since they're deer and skwirrel ravaged anyway. Have a good day all.  :coffee:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I better mow today then.  It is 34 here right now.  Frost in the pasture and on top of my ol Ford truck.  So I have to wait for it to warm up before I can mow.  The new season is near or maybe it is here.  Got the deck done yesterday and made a new step into the garage too.  Think I will clean out my 4x8 trailer today so it is ready to haul wood.  Hey the furnace just turned on.