Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904119 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Was watching little souse on the prairie this afternoon, and the bad guy was named "Murdoch". I started to wonder how come a lot of the bad guys in westerns are named "Murdoch"...a bad family line, like the Clantons, or what?  Also, Lomax....:scratch:
Also, the school for the blind that Mary goes to, there's a couple kerosene lamps in every room. Why? They're all blind.....
« Last Edit: September 09/14/18, 06:05:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Ah, Terramycin.   My uncles universal remedy.
[/quote]

Does the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy know about this?  :scratch:
[/quote]

Probably not.  He lived in Wisconsin.   If it worked on the cows it ought to work on the family too.    :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope you like Boodles Reb. I know I do... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another good day yesterday..  got some things done and had some fun too!!  and Rebs you can keep the truck down there, no laundry to do!!  going to be a hot humid one today and tomorrow the way it sounds, oh yea...   looks wet out side but very little rain, just damp out...  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 62* at 1st glance. Had some storms roll through here last evening too, looked to be more light show than anything else as there's only ~ .2" in the gauge. Radar looked to me like the worst went down GR way. No early  :fishing: today, chance of more moisture later today. Very warm & windy tomorrow then back to normal for this time of year is the forecast. Finished my mowin yday so let it rain, not much else on the list, so see how it rolls. Hope ya enjoy your Saturday
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Bright sunny day here.  Gotta mow the lawn today.  Cut and split 2 loads of wood yesterday.  All dead elm.  Man that is some good firewood.  Stringy so hard to split but my splitter handled it fine.  For years I split that with a maul.  No more of that nonsense.  A load is my trailer I pull behind the atv.  Small but makes me feel more productive than using my big trailer. lol  I had the front end aligned on my 94 F-150 yesterday.  I love the truck for everyday bombing around but it is wearing the tires unevenly.  I rotate every oil change but doesn't help.  Well it was way off.  Cost $100 on a computer balancer.  Even gives a nice printout before and after the alignment.  I wish I would have done it sooner.  Pretty neat deal.  Time for more java.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ah, Terramycin.   My uncles universal remedy.

Does the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy know about this?  :scratch:
[/quote]

Probably not.  He lived in Wisconsin.   If it worked on the cows it ought to work on the family too.    :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Are you saying..........?!  Er, never mind.  :bonk:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 09:41:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 75*, sunny, 72* dewpoint again, and headin' for another upper 80's steamy day in Swampville. In September. It just doesn't quit here with the humidity. Actually have moss growing on the ground under pine tree by the house.  Dotch apparently didn't drink enough Boodles last nite, still got this hacking/sneezing/coughing/sore throat thing going on. Gonna lay low today.
Barry, I remember when I was a young strong pupster, splitting wood to keep the old farmhouse I rented warm, I'd leave the elm for a really cold winter day to split, and do all the other in the Late Fall. That stringy stuff wore ya out swingin' an axe. Like they say, wood warms ya twice, once when ya cut it, and once when ya burn it.
Have a good day, all.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 11:18:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was watching little souse on the prairie this afternoon, and the bad guy was named "Murdoch". I started to wonder how come a lot of the bad guys in westerns are named "Murdoch"...a bad family line, like the Clantons, or what?  Also, Lomax....:scratch:
Also, the school for the blind that Mary goes to, there's a couple kerosene lamps in every room. Why? They're all blind.....

Good points Rebs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are the deep points to ponder us retired folk do..... :rotflmao:  :bonk:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 11:17:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK thanks I am learning.  So I am going to change oil in my Honda generator for the first time.  It says to use 10w-30.  I am wondering if I should use regular or synthetic  oil?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch apparently didn't drink enough Boodles last nite, still got this hacking/sneezing/coughing/sore throat thing going on. Gonna lay low today.

Maybe I gotta use a little stronger stuff Reb. Boodles is only 90 proof whereas Sapphire and Tanqueray 10 are 94!  :happy1: I was pooed and didn't get in the house until after 9 last nite. Wasn't able to make a full session out of it.  :bonk: Got that problem solved. Hay is all baled and tucked away. Just loaded up a ram we're leasing to a guy from Chatfield a little bit ago. May mow some lawn or may just vegetate, do some laundry and watch the Gophers. That way I can devote my full attention to curing Reb tonite!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 11:34:24 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK thanks I am learning.  So I am going to change oil in my Honda generator for the first time.  It says to use 10w-30.  I am wondering if I should use regular or synthetic  oil?

Synthetic! (or semi-syn) Getting tough to find good ol' dino oil anymore, anyway.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch apparently didn't drink enough Boodles last nite, still got this hacking/sneezing/coughing/sore throat thing going on. Gonna lay low today.

Maybe I gotta use a little stronger stuff Reb. Boodles is only 90 proof whereas Sapphire and Tanqueray 10 are 94!  :happy1: I was pooed and didn't get in the house until after 9 last nite. Wasn't able to make a full session out of it.  :bonk: Got that problem solved. Hay is all baled and tucked away. Just loaded up a ram we're leasing to a guy from Chatfield a little bit ago. May mow some lawn or may just vegetate, do some laundry and watch the Gophers. That way I can devote my full attention to curing Reb tonite!  :rotflmao:

Maybe you could lease reb to the neighbor lady.... :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what kind of value would you place on our friend Del? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some wood or something to go split!?   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Not me, what would the NL pay?   Not my thing... :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Not me, what would the NL pay?   Not my thing... :thumbs:

Well I know that Del.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I did get the yard mowed today.  Only thing I had to do around the house.  Way too hot to go bear or deer hunting so that will have to wait a few days till it cools off a bit.  Also had time to catch up on my reading and emails.  Not sure what the wife has planned for tomorrow but I have to make myself useful around the homestead so there are no reasons to not go hunting.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Barry, you and Reb come on around this way and we'll put this thing on del. Hang on tight. He may be old but at least he's ornery!  :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtD8ywmjoM

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 08:35:42 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I truly do want to see part 2 of that Dotch.  Seriously. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Won't be purty. Guarantee ya that... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  Dotch thats funny, hang On Rebs!!!  sure was a humid day yesterday and today the same again..  sure felt good in the AC!!  not going to get excited about outside things again today..   have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning MNO.  Windy as heck here today but a nice cool breeze made sleeping great last night.  Well I finally went fishing yesterday evening.  The wife was trying out her new electric crock pot and I thought I should get out of here so she could have fun with it.  So I grabbed some frozen shiners and hit the river.  Had some dark clouds south of us.  I dropped anchor and got a real nice sauger right away.  Then had a bigger fish on and got it to the boat and it was a great big bullhead.  I should have taken a pic of it.  Then I got a smaller sauger.  Perfect for breakfast with the two fish.  So the dark cloud got bigger (I thought about Glenn) lol  and it started thundering and lightening.  The kind that keeps going constantly.  I pulled anchor and headed the 200' to the dock and it started to get windier and sprinkling.  I got to the dock, threw the 2 fish back in the river and started running to the house.  It started raining and hailing as I got here and all heck broke loose.  Another boat was still fishing when I left.  They got wet.  AND in all of the excitement I forgot to take a pic of the fish.  Got 1 1/4" of rain.
« Last Edit: September 09/16/18, 08:22:49 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 66* & windy already, gusts to 40 mph is what the Bemidji Weather Channel is sayin. Had some more rain yday starting with a light mist in the am, then some showers in the late afternoon(.3"+). Went out  :fishing: for a bit mid-morning yday just to get out. Just as I expected no :fish2:. A couple small projects for early today otherwise it'll be a SKOL day. Go Vikes! Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, sounds like ya made it just in time, Barry. Don't like those sudden storms on water,  had too many close calls like that.
72* and ultra hume again here.Headin' for mid 80's. Officially hit 90* yday with a 72* dewpoint. Jungle steams.
Feelin' a tad better today, still hackin' and sneezin'. Keep on with the boodles, Dotch. Gotta knock this down somehow. Gonna watch the game today and that's about it....might try to put down my Fall shot of fertlizer, right now is the perfect time, and it's supposed to rain all week.
Where's that ol' pot stirrer Glenn been?  :scratch: Have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: September 09/16/18, 09:34:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! After loading up the ram I spent most of the day putzing indoors in the AC. It hit 91 in Waseca yesterday and was still 87 about 7 p.m. when I drove to our other pasture. Got laundry done. Stunk like a locker room in here from the hay baling aftermath. I switched over to Sapphire last nite Reb & put a full session in so that may explain why yer feelin' better. :rotflmao: Planning on firing up the mowers and at least doing the parts of the lawn folks can see from the road. Need to manufacture some apple crisp for the car club picnic later this afternoon. And of course hopefully watch the Vikes maul the Peckers!  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/16/18, 09:34:12 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Dotch you are one heck of a go getter!  You get a lot done every day.   :happy1: :happy1:  And Rebs I forgot to tell you about the text I got from the wife that said:  "get your ass off that river!"  LOL