Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904152 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I wouldn't go anywhere near the zoo today. It's soup making day. Cooking up the turkey carcass and a ham bone for garbanzo beans soup.

I'm hitting up the local grocery store for a few soup ingredients and the holiday station for gas and to get a shelter and my spear chuckin license. Then I'm parking my butt at home. However there will be some  :toast: consumed. Momma left me for today.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Maybe after the bonzo bean soup, ya won't haveta go to Holiday for gas!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As Mikey would say... It's happy hour. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morninall..  looks like some weather way south and east of us, Iowa for sure..  made it to 42 yesterday, WOW!!  did a few things yesterday and a few more today..  have a good day!!
« Last Edit: November 11/24/18, 07:23:09 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. My happy hour got cut short with the rain. :confused: oh well, got my garbanzo beans soup done and 3 ice cream buckets full of turkey soup yesterday. Getting ready to go to a funeral service for a former union member and co-worker. Friggin cancer.

Momma should come home today so I best get things in order.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent yesterday helping out at the Youth Mentored Deer hunt at Three Rivers Park.  Our chapter and two others have been supporting this hunt for a number of years now.  This year we had 11 youth hunters.  These are kids that usually do not have a parent or relative that hunts and would most likely never get the opportunity to hunt deer.  They are able to experience the entire spectrum of the hunt.  Scouting, sighting in guns, setting up blinds/ladder stands, staying in deer camp (Friday and Saturday night) and all that can go with the hunt.  After setup in the morning, the 11 excited hunters headed out with their mentors around 2:00.  By 3 PM we had the first reports of shots fired.  At 4 pm I assisted a mentor and his youth with dragging out a doe.  By evening the 11 hunters had killed 3 deer.  The doe, a broken 8 pointer and a very big 11 pointer.  This would have been a 12 point but one was broken off.  Lots of excitement during supper at the Near Baker Wilderness Settlement camp.  They will hunt all day today and till noon tomorrow.  Great time for all.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35* at the moment. We left Austin just as the rain started(~1:30), which was pretty light to start but turned to a steady rain for this time of year, by the time we got home. It let up not long the time we got back, I'm glad it was 38*-41* & stayed warm overnight. It looks like the bad weather comin this weekend is going to stay south of us :happy1:.Got some runnin to do early today so I better roll. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
35* here too, Gunner. Really fawgy and drizzly. No plans for the day, sure as heck ain't going out anywhere in this shopping zoo. Been a bunch of accidents already. Cops and ambulances been zipping by here all day yday. Incredible how nuts people get over all this "gotta have it" stuff. Nothing on the boob toob at nite either, except sappy christmas shows. Pick any situation and they can turn it into one. I wanna see "I got smomed for christmas" or "An eelpout christmas".  :rotflmao: Think I'll fire up the heater in the garage, crank up the stereo, and wax Mr. Sparkles. High-end puttering. Have a good weekend guys.
« Last Edit: November 11/24/18, 10:21:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well kinda late checking in today.  Cloudy and 25 here.  Winds from the north.  Just got done with Season 2 of Making a Murderer.  Now watching the Gophers.  So far it is all Gophers.  Hard to believe.  Hope they keep it up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I is chillin'. Got hungry early, have a pigger steak I just slid in the mini-oven. Got some egg'n chive tater salad to go with it. Even picked up a bottle of Heinz 57, thanks to Barry mentioning it a bit ago. Good on piggers.  Snackin' on some carrot and celery sticks with dill dip until it's ready. Hear Mikey's fixin' to go out for that Happy Hour again; hope he don't overdo it..... :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/COZx6e23qWY
« Last Edit: November 11/24/18, 03:42:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He probably has a hot date that he's not telling us about.   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well ya you.  You are the playboy here....   I have been making Rigs and watching the Gophers whip Wis. big time.  So time for a break.  Hey Hubert Humphrey is here.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched gophers... Hard to believe...  And made indoor pulled pork with a couple of butts that I bought on sale a while ago.  First one done, in dutch oven.   Other one on rack on sheet pan needs a little more time.   

Mmmm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You, who says "me and the wife don't eat that much", when i tell ya of a good meat sale, and ya make 2 pulled pigger butts???!?!! Whaddya gonna do with all that?!  :confused:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You, who says "me and the wife don't eat that much", when i tell ya of a good meat sale, and ya make 2 pulled pigger butts???!?!! Whaddya gonna do with all that?!  :confused:

Some friends have a little boy with Leukemia who is undergoing treatment, so we are taking some to them.   And we have some people coming for dinner so them too.   And will freeze the rest for the winter... Figured if I was making one, then two wasn't much more work....   Sly vee for 99 cents a pound...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, ya gotta stay away from that Sly-Vee, home of the rip-off! They got salads and lettuce fulla Sam. N. Ella!!!  :puke:   So far, so good for me, anyway....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good to me del, ya I dont go to slyvee fer salads, basically stuff that cub dont have. Then I go to Costco to round out the shopping trip..
« Last Edit: November 11/24/18, 07:59:06 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del's gonna take me to Kowalski's where all you big spenders go.  :azn:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 28* last I looked. Checked TWC"s radar map & according to them all the snow is goin to stay 50 miles or so south of us. :cool: Speakin of Sly-vee, I need to go down there, 1 of 2 pharmacies in town, to get my refill for my prescription today, other than that a mellow day. Except for some football, not alot goin on. Big game for the Vikes!! They need to end the Cheeseheads playoff hopes TONIGHT.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, ya gotta stay away from that Sly-Vee, home of the rip-off! They got salads and lettuce fulla Sam. N. Ella!!!  :puke:   So far, so good for me, anyway....

I try, but wife like the place.  And the Butts were Hormel for 99 cents a pound in cryovac.   Injected, but for that price just leave the salt out of the rub.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Cold windy day here.  I have a lot of Rigs to make so a good day to do that.  And like Gunner watch the Vikes tonight.  I like noon games better but I get more done when they play at night.  One more day of leftover turkey I'm thinking.  We froze a half breast for later. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I try, but wife like the place.  And the Butts were Hormel for 99 cents a pound in cryovac.   Injected, but for that price just leave the salt out of the rub.

Reminds me I got a few sirloin tip roasts down in the freezer...and I'll inject them again before they go in the crackpot. I think it made a big difference. It looks like a cold,snowy week ahead, so should be perfect for a nice roast. May haveta come up with a new injection liquid. Hmmm..thinking about adding a bit of liquid smoke to the beef bouillon broth and Worcestershire I injected last time.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: November 11/25/18, 08:18:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. sounds interesting Reb!! a good day yesterday!!  I see according to the weather it should make ice this week!!  just a couple small things to do today.  have a good day all!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. The garage didn't burn down and the neighbors garage doors are still closed. Went out to bring recycling out and get the paper quite a brisk wind. Not much going on today.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn is bored so down in the man cave watching football and gonna get the guns cleaned.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: November 11/25/18, 04:10:50 PM by Rebel SS »