Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905318 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We don't need no politics here... :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't you haveta run to SlyVee for some Tsingtao pulled pork sauce or something?!   :tongue:
« Last Edit: November 11/25/18, 05:18:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: I guess he told you Reb!! :rotflmao: :mooning: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well! I guess so!   :mooning:   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. A fine Monday it is. At least I will keep telling myself that. Actually have to work a full 5 day week, first time in a month. We had 6* when i woke up, supposed to only be in the teens for highs for a few days the last I looked. I made it out muzzy hunting yesterday morning. Only thing I seen was Fawn. Only sat for 2 hours, the wind was mighty chilly yesterday. At least the Vikes won last night. It should have been more of a blow out then that the way the packers D was banged up. Sucks to see Rhodes go down. Ham strings take awhile to heel and we have some tuff games ahead of us. Well, off to the races. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  10 here going for 15..  a bit chilly!!  not much on the agenda today so just roll with it!! have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Mornin :snow1: :snow2: :snow4: :snow5: :cold: Glad Borgie & I are retired so we don't have ta call in :sick:

Politics Here!.... :scratch:  Must-a been a mental laps on Reb's part :bonk:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 16* here. Got a 9:00 dental appt this mornin so been movin a little earlier than normal. Probably head down to Waterloo/Cedar Falls after that. Hang in there Lee, I checked out TWC early on just to see how bad it looked over your way & they said Oskaloosa, Ia. got 17" & had near hurricane force winds. So it could be worse. Yup, cold & windy here for the next couple too. Better get movin so I'm hopin ya have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades. 15* here. Looks pretty messy down around Gunner's way, you can keep it there! Supposed to be a high of 15 then drop to 10* today.  Just finished plopping the big ham bones in with the soaked beans to simmer before the other goodies go into the bean'n ham soup. Should hit the spot today. Take it easy out there JB, no use rushing into things. Have a good day guys, my cawfee's ready.... :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/26/18, 07:52:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin good Reb with that pot of soup!!  good eats!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya good idea Rebs.  It would be a good day to make a soup.  I will ponder that..  Cold and windy here.  Just kissed the wife good bye on her way to work.  I try to be extra sincere since I get to stay home in my sweats for awhile.  LOL

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9* to start the day here, heading for a high of 15. They are talking about snow tomorrow. Not much new here, just another day in paradise. Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Just getting ready to head to Sioux falls to see what I can stir up. :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  7 here to start with.. not much going on here today so again I'm just going to enjoy it!!  hope you have a good day!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Well I am on Decaf.  Tastes great.  Still put a shot of raw honey in it though.  10 here.  I loaded the wood burner up in the garage last night so I bet it is 70 in there when the wife gets in the car.   :happy1:  Got some more orders ready to ship UPS today so that is my top priority.  Then just take it easy I guess. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 9* here in the land of insane taxes. (mine just went up 15.3%) Got some errands and do today, and a tad of minor electrical work to do at house before we finalize sale. Guys will be installing new window that shattered before open house.
I shoulda done the old trick of adding ginger to my bean soup...(supposed to stop gas) or at least not eaten two huge bowls of it last nite. I'm comparable to Craig Breedlove's rocket car today...if I put on roller skates, I'd be gas propelled. Light the afterburner.   :doah:
Howz those palpitations doing Barry? Decaf fix the prob?
Speaking of, time for my half-calf...🐄  Have a good day, all.   :coffee:
« Last Edit: November 11/27/18, 08:10:03 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am curious to see how the D Caf works.  I really didn't have palpatations.  The wife was teasing me about it.  I did get sort of uncomfortable though.  Didn't enjoy it. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we gots 12* headin for 24, they're sayin. Got our roadtrip(~50 miles) to Waterloo in yday & home by around 2:30. I didn't get home from the dentist until 10, so we made pretty good time. It's a much easier drive as it's all 4 lane, Ave of the Saints, than it used to be. Just called & talked to my barber & he got me in for a 10:00 appt, not much else on the calendar. Hope ya have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, a little snow and wind here but nothing much.
I am curious to see how the D Caf works.  I really didn't have palpatations.  The wife was teasing me about it.  I did get sort of uncomfortable though.  Didn't enjoy it. 
I sell a fair amount of decaf here at the shop to people that cant have caffeine but like I say, decaf is like a hooker that just wants to cuddle.  ;). The best way to drink decaf is to brew it, pour it down the drain and make regular coffee and drink that. Y’all have a good day and enjoy.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I used to think too..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But Barry's retired now, and has downshifted into low gear. Can't be hittin' redline anymore...can't placidly putter with a caffeine buzz on!
Maybe a mug of hot chocolate with those little marshmallows in it?   ☕   :azn:
« Last Edit: November 11/27/18, 09:18:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree coffee. But after 3 surgeries to keep my heart from racing(tachycardia), caffiene starts to make my heart do the flutters. I think from all the burning they did inside my heart they messed something up. I have a rare accessory pathway. The doc in Fargo had never seen it before, so he sent me down to the Mayo. Down in your neck of the woods Rebs. The doc there thought he got it and 2 weeks after the surgery I was back at it. Pretty relaxing sitting on the couch with a heart rate of 185. :crazy: Made a 2nd trip to Mayo and again he thought he got it. Went into  tachycardia that night in the hospital. That was 4 years ago. Now i take meds twice a day. So that is the reason i can't have caffiene. Although I do feel gutsy every now and then and sneak a coke or a cup of the wifes coffee. I pretty much only drink coffee on the weekends now anyway.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a female friend at Mayo that had the same issue and went thru what you did, JB. Caffeine is a big no-no with Mayo, anyway. They really talk it down. 'Course, most everything is a no-no with them, except for what THEY like.  :angry:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I know guys just joking around. I have a couple friends that’s had to switch for health reasons. My father was grumpy when he couldn’t drink regular anymore and never got used to decafe. He was the one that said you might as well just pour it down the drain after making it and then his comment was damn doctors what the hell do they know anyways. I can drink a pot of coffee and lay down and go to sleep but if I drink a glass of fresh brewed iced tea I get the shakes and my heart races like a hummingbirds, so I don’t drink tea for the same reason.
« Last Edit: November 11/27/18, 10:08:52 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Driving thru Marshall the big Southwest coah building was up in flames. I could see the smoke 25 miles away.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG JB.  Man that is serious stuff.  Stay safe..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a female friend at Mayo that had the same issue and went thru what you did, JB. Caffeine is a big no-no with Mayo, anyway. They really talk it down. 'Course, most everything is a no-no with them, except for what THEY like.  :angry:

Amen. They had me off of caffeine for a while due to an arrhythmia. It made no difference. The problem was related to a slow heartbeat as opposed to one that's beating too fast. Putting tincture in the coffee seemed to help... :rotflmao:

Of course, if you want to set Mayo off, just start talking about booze. Mayo: Do you sniff the caps on your booze bottles? Me: No. Mayo: Doesn't matter. You just admitted to having alcohol in the house and therefore should consider treatment.  :scratch:  :confused: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Dotch that sounds spot on!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back when I drank beer, they told me more than three times a week or more than two beers/drinks at a time meant I had a problem! Hell, I had two beers just to get my mouth warmed up for the other four!!!  :tequila;

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
But Barry's retired now, and has downshifted into low gear. Can't be hittin' redline anymore...can't placidly putter with a caffeine buzz on!
Maybe a mug of hot chocolate with those little marshmallows in it?   ☕   :azn:

I been retired for a good while and still drink caff.  It is a matter of personal differences.