Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952496 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  a good day yesterday and looks to be that way today!!  did a few things yesterday and so today will be an easy day I'm thinking..  hope everyone has a good day!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  tis the season to run run run....ugh.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 29* here. Headed to mom's this afternoon. Just going to be a few of us tomorrow night, then everyone getting together Tuesday pm to exchange gift. It's only an hour drive but will be keepin an eye on the storm coming on Wednesday & Thursday. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Good luck on your upcoming surgery Boar! It was 16* this morning when I got up and I think that is the high for today. I am sitting out on the lake fishing this morning. Catching a couple, lots of little fellars. Figure I will head in about noon to watch the vikes. My Dad and Stepmom will be up this afternoon sometime. Maybe bring the big house out after the game. Still undecided there. I have 11.5" of ice where I am sitting. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Beautiful day here.  Kind of bright even though it is cloudy.  Some snow coming down.  I plowed us out this morning.  Must have had 3 or 4" of fluffy stuff.  Fun to plow it.  Have the smoker warming up for some St Louis ribs this afternoon.  Pretty excited for the Vikes today.  Hope they just go out and have fun.  Then we will win.  Good luck JB.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang the furnace quit!!!    :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
dang the furnace quit!!!    :scratch:

Say what???! No!  :shocked:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok new twist!!  the house was down 59 or 60..  all of a sudden the furnace kicked on now!!  what the heck??!!??   :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
T-stat? You have a digital or one of the Honeywell "round" (T-87) types? Start there....so many things it could be, gas pressure switch, gas valve, igniter....you did have power to it entire time? Good luck...but be safe!
« Last Edit: December 12/23/18, 02:16:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike are you there???  He may have froze by now.  Or at least shrunk.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just talked to him.....he's on his way to see HUBERT HUMPHREY..... :rotflmao:  :tequila;

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinkin' maybe the "furnace is out" thing might be a reason for a 15 mile trip to a warm place.... :whistling:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just recovered from a house full yesterday. Lost count after 35 people. My granddaughter was back from college (Missoula Montana) where she is a freshman.  So just how does a city girl from Minnesota end up in Missoula anyway.  She chose it for their linguistics programs where she plans to get a ESL (English as a second language) license.  Probably be an interpreter in a foreign country. (Or maybe here the way things are going). She has been learning French, Chinese, Spanish, German and American Sign Language. She stayed over night so my wife and I had some help cleaning up after yesterdays party.  Now we get ready for our kids and grandkids Christmas tomorrow evening. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the dang thing stopped 3 hours ago.. I got the electric heaters going cause it's 58 in here and the dang just kicked again!!!!  what the heck?????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pay Your Bill!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh huh...he's workin' into it, Barry.....told ya.... :sleazy:   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My guess would be the thermostat. Had that happen at the cabin once. It would run non-stop or not at all. Replaced the thermostat and fixed. I've also replaced a couple of them here at home with my baseboard electric.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Pay Your Bill!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

80% full on the tank!!!   :crazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My guess would be the thermostat. Had that happen at the cabin once. It would run non-stop or not at all. Replaced the thermostat and fixed. I've also replaced a couple of them here at home with my baseboard electric.

and I'm starting to wonder on that too...  thanks all!!!  it did quit again so I'll see how it goes!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
ike, may be bad contacts in that T-stat, or of you have the old T-87 with the mercury vial in it, lightly tip the merc bulb until thee points close, and keep it there...if the furnace kicks on, the gas vale open and ignites, and the fan starts...good chance that may be yer prob.
Yer chimney couldn't be plugged with something could it? A high flue temp will shut it right down, as will low gas pressure will keep it from firing up and opening gas valve.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys. A chilly 9* here. Flurries for later before the rain and snow hit. Now saying a lot of rain for us, then sleet and snow on Christmas. Gonna head out early this am to pick up a few small things for my dinner tonite, then out in late afternoon for some things I need to do. After that, not much. Hope all of you have a great Christmas with family and friends, and lots of goodies to eat. Stay safe and warm, and enjoy your time together. 🎄

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well the dang furnace just keeps on working so I have no idea what the heck is going on!!  but I have heat at least!!  got a few things to do today before heading out for the evening..  hope everyone has a good and safe day today!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That furnace thing is kind of scary.  I would do like others said.  Go get a programmable thermostat.  $40.  Takes two minutes to change them.  Only two wires.  Have your woman change it for you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  It's so easy even a girlfriend can do it!!!   Well I am enjoying my fake coffee.  I like it.  The wife just got my cold but no too bad yet.  Thinking we will either have lobster or those big prawns I bought.  Just need to get something to go with it.  Haven't had a salad for a month.  I see romaine fills the shelves now along with iceberg lettuce.  I'm getting one or the other.  I love salads.  Maybe a yam too.  ??? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That furnace thing is kind of scary.  I would do like others said.  Go get a programmable thermostat.  $40.  Takes two minutes to change them.  Only two wires.  Have your woman change it for you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  It's so easy even a girlfriend can do it!!!   Well I am enjoying my fake coffee.  I like it.  The wife just got my cold but no too bad yet.  Thinking we will either have lobster or those big prawns I bought.  Just need to get something to go with it.  Haven't had a salad for a month.  I see romaine fills the shelves now along with iceberg lettuce.  I'm getting one or the other.  I love salads.  Maybe a yam too.  ???
oh i think Mikey would like to have the NL change his thermostat!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i think Mikey would like to have the NL change his thermostat!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And there it is...seks, seks, seks! No wonder ya don't notice Christmas! Yer dreamin' of stuff that could never happen to ya!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

...and I'm going up to the store in a bit to see if they have any fresh gruel in for dinner.... :undecided:    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
And there it is...seks, seks, seks! No wonder ya don't notice Christmas! Yer dreamin' of stuff that could never happen to ya!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Depending on the type (old style, or high efficiency) several things must happen to get heat.
All fail safe checks must indicated they are working and no issues are detected (over heat etc)
1. draft blower must start and check switch indicates it is.
2. gas valve opens
3. igniter comes on
4. sensors (two of them) must indicate the flame has been lit.

5. Blower starts.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***