Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901164 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Danged cold out there!!!! 9* with a WC of -8*...and of course, the wind is just a howlin' again. We come in at #11. :mad1:

https://wtop.com/national/2016/05/30-windiest-cities-us/
thats easily  explainable wit you and Del livin dere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh your so easy sometimes!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I may be very lovable, but I'm not easy.  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: January 01/09/19, 03:44:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Thursday, peoples. 10*, clear, and can almost see a star or two in the city of extremes. I think CAWchester needs to address the excess light/light bloom situation, since we're the #1 city. Might not haveta pay as much for electricity if they cut back. Place is lit up to the extremes 24/7. Unnecessary. (See pic)  Morjits say heatwave today to *25 with sun. Gotta take Mr. Sparkles in at 8:00 for his new tennis shoes and alignment check. Tires came in the other day. Finally found a tire with great ratings and the tread design/specs I wanted after weeks of online ratings reading and in town shopping. Sure as heck hope I get more than 23G out of this set! Then off to check out the new Fresh Thyme grocery store that opened here yday. Alleged big butcher/meat section. Had chicky for .99 lb, and 85% fresh ground beef for $1.99 a lb.... :shocked: Gotta check it out. Might be some hot babes in the produce aisle with fresh melons...  :evil:
Have a good hump day, guys.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/10/19, 06:34:37 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 4* here this morning heading for a high of 14* today. Rebs must be thinking to much about fresh melons. Hump day was yesterday  ;) :rotflmao: :bonk:. Have fun in the produce dept. Rebs  :happy1:. Not much new here, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HAHA!! yer right!! Better change that to THURSDAY...must be a retirement thing!  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, I think all days blur together in retirement.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, I think all days blur together in retirement.

Good thing I now see the garbage cans out...it's Thursday!!   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  melon days for Rebs!!!!  nothing wrong with that for sure!!!  I'll be heading to town later too.  pick up a few things at the grocery store too..  I'll check the produce isle too!!  got a few things to do today so I'll have an easy day I think..  Jim finally wants to get out of the house tonight, so I'll get him over to the resort for a couple beers..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, got 4* here, might make 15, wind has went to the south though so that'll feel like a heat wave. Just a little touchin up on the snow movin left so I might just let that slide for a day or 2.  Got a couple other small irons in the fire already, see how they go. Hope ya enjoy your Thursday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rebs you had me thinking about what day it is with the hump day deal.  LOL  Mike that sounds fun to take Jim to the resort for HH.  It is still cold here.  Hoping that warm up gets here soon.  Not much going on today.  Putzing around is the name of the day. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Happy Thursday, peoples. 10*, clear, and can almost see a star or two in the city of extremes. I think CAWchester needs to address the excess light/light bloom situation, since we're the #1 city. Might not haveta pay as much for electricity if they cut back. Place is lit up to the extremes 24/7. Unnecessary. (See pic)  Morjits say heatwave today to *25 with sun. Gotta take Mr. Sparkles in at 8:00 for his new tennis shoes and alignment check. Tires came in the other day. Finally found a tire with great ratings and the tread design/specs I wanted after weeks of online ratings reading and in town shopping. Sure as heck hope I get more than 23G out of this set! Then off to check out the new Fresh Thyme grocery store that opened here yday. Alleged big butcher/meat section. Had chicky for .99 lb, and 85% fresh ground beef for $1.99 a lb.... :shocked: Gotta check it out. Might be some hot babes in the produce aisle with fresh melons...  :evil:
i checked out the FRESH THYME in st cloud once. neat store but ya gotta watch out. seems big into 'ORGANIC"!!! IT was Ok just not a store that i feel a need i have to go to.

REB, let me know what you think, i'd like to know or hear a second opinion. i do know they have alot of different coffee blends.......... just not the Tanzanian!! :undecided:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just came from there...totally impressed. And not just cuz there WERE some nice melons in the produce aisle...hehe :evil:  I bought two pkgs of their chicken thighs and legs, great looking, fresh and big,  and some Danish Havarti cheese. I see they carry the Tillamook brand, too. (Oregon area cheese) Terrific cheeses selection in different areas. Awesome meats! They have elk, antelope, buffalo, bison, lamb.... burgers, steaks, chops, jerky, SNAUSAGE, ground, patties, and smoked sticks. Many cuts from skirt to flank to ribs. Produce looked great. Only thing I wasn't impressed with was their 85% burger, too pale and I could see too many streaks of white fat through it....looked more like 75-80% to me...and I spent two years grinding and making that stuff at the butcher shop, so I know my ground beef. I'll stick with Fareway's in-house ground.
Nice little bakery there, too. Tasty lookin' breads & goodies. Lots of coffee beans/nuts/oats/dried fruits/ trail mix type stuff. Things are kinda crowded together, but I 'spose it was because they piled it on for their grand opening. Place was packed again, almost shoulder-to-shoulder. I'll definitely be going back there. Got a nice big free reusable tote bag, too. It's defiantly a tree huggers organic paradise (which translates to $$) but ya know that when ya go in there.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01/10/19, 11:46:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda felt exactly the same when I went in there for the first time.  They have some neat, unique items.  I haven't shopped there enough to know how good their weekly sales are.  They lack variety in basic staple items.  It will prolly be my go to store if my wife ever puts hemp seed lotion or Himalayan salt scrub on the list.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
reb............the st cloud store was like that too...........all crowded together!!!!!!! i justthought it was the particular size of the store???????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmm...maybe not! Pretty el chruncho in there! 'Course, in retail, empty space means empty pockets. They want full facings of product on da shelf.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been in the fresh thyme in Vadnais.  I liked it.  Wife not so much. 

Well, off to get a pint sucked out....   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

There's that seks thing again as the little blue guy would say :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, made it back a pint low.   Told me to take it easy and not lift anything heavy.... I figure 12 oz curls are about right.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Didja get yer cookies and juice?  ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep I did.  Mmmm.   

And now I saw Jaimie Kloss from Barron Wisconsin was found alive.   She got away and ran to someone walking their dog.... Police were alerted and a 21 year old guy was arrested.   Gordon, Wisconsin about 70 miles north of Barron on 53.   

Get a rope and a pair of vice grips...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
huh I get water and pretzels! :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 16* to start the day here heading for a high of 19* I think. We have big plans of cutting firewood this weekend. Oh boy. We were supposed to start last weekend, but their skidder broke down. So now tomorrow we get to start. That will be are plans for the next 4 weekends now. Otherwise it is just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, had a good day yesterday.. Jim enjoyed getting out of his house last night!!  no beer just some pepsi for him..  but it sure was good seeing him smiling and enjoying himself..  not much going on today to start at least so will see how the day plays out..   have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
huh I get water and pretzels! :confused:

Barley water???? ;)
i wish!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: back in the day when i first started donating blood they did. 1 beer and ya was buzzed!!!!!!!! oh the good old days!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we got 11*, headed for 22*, they're sayin. Played in the :snow3: a little yday again, with a scoop shovel this time, cleaning up some of the entrances to our out buildings. Think I'll jump on the blower for a bit later on today, a couple more small spots I can do with that. Not much else planned, see what comes my way. Have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was a young guy we donated blood on company time which we thought was great.  We got ham sandwichs and orange juice so we all loved that too.  We knew all of the women helping with the event so that helped us get seconds on the sandwiches.  They told us to not go drinking cuz it may effect us more.  SO after work we all hit the bar.  LOL  Did it every year.  TGIF.  LOL  Got some things to ship so have to go to town today.   :happy1:  Will stop at the grocery store too.  Not in the mood for ham and bean soup so I vac packed the rest of the ham and I think I will make a hamburger vegetable soup.  Got a new printer, copier, fax yesterday.  So throwing away the Samsung laser one. Been a good one too.  Still works but is 10 years old and the cartridges are expensive.  This new one is the Epson Eco Tank.  Ink is in bottles you refill the printer with.  Extremely efficient low priced printing.  Love it already. 

GO JAYME!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much goin' on here...slept 12 solid hours. Think I beat the crud. May be clean house day, that was put on back burner while sick this week.So happy to see Jayme found alive!!!
I wanna be the judge, jury, and executioner for the dirtbag that had her. Save the courts a lot of money and I'll have fun while doing it. Win-win situation. :evil:
Hey Glenn, where did you give blood, Tin Pan alley??! Ya NEVER give salty foods like pretzels after taking blood! Duh! I got a new Epson wireless copier last Fall, Barry. It's great....so-so on the ink cartridge use, though. But, it was on a big electronics sale for $49 bucks, and my Canon bit the dust, so I grabbed it. How can ya go wrong? Have a good day, guys, I'm ready for a snausage Egg McReb...or two... :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much goin' on here...slept 12 solid hours. Think I beat the crud. May be clean house day, that was put on back burner while sick this week.So happy to see Jayme found alive!!!
I wanna be the judge, jury, and executioner for the dirtbag that had her. Save the courts a lot of money and I'll have fun while doing it. Win-win situation. :evil:
Hey Glenn, where did you give blood, Tin Pan alley??! Ya NEVER give salty foods like pretzels after taking blood! Duh! I got a new Epson wireless copier last Fall, Barry. It's great....so-so on the ink cartridge use, though. But, it was on a big electronics sale for $49 bucks, and my Canon bit the dust, so I grabbed it. How can ya go wrong? Have a good day, guys, I'm ready for a snausage Egg McReb...or two... :tongue:

Mayo blood bank has chips and pretzels (baked chips of course) along with cookies, coffee, juice.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Salty is not good after taking blood. Increases water holding. I got a secret I could tell ya about that. Mayo said that's not good. They change their tune every three months, anyway.  :moon:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/19, 09:37:34 AM by Rebel SS »