Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903756 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Up to 28 degrees and the wind just switched to the SW. Looks like ne more band of snow and it might be out of here. Storm total appears to be somewhere in that 8" range for us. More water in this snowfall too. Hasn't totally melted in the cylinder but should be close to a half an inch worth of liquid equivalent.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Why can't Minnysoda folk learn how to drive???!! We have this 5 months of the year!  :bonk:

"They ain't from around here"   and nobody ever taught them how to drive on slippery surfaces.    It should be a part of drivers training and license exam.     

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Just finished 4 hrs of roof rakin', shovelin', and snow-blowing. *PHOO* I'm wiped.

BUT, I have a crackpot fulla thick CSR's slathered in Sweet baby Ray's.....some yellow and white supersweet cawn, and a pot of bourbon beans bubbling away..... :hubba:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/19, 04:48:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the blower & wheeler/plow out to move the ~ 4 " we had already just before 4:00. I was back in the garage in 30 minutes with the wheeler. The hourly for us now says it might not stop until 5 ish. It really came down for 2 1/2 -3 hours
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 6" here. Now set the record for the snowiest February ever, 27.0" . :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Close to a foot here today,  the snow chucker has a hard time clearing the banks  The roof is piling up but still no need  to pull it down. Maybe just maybe I'll do the edges for sumthin to do when it warms..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gettin' kinda deep down here. That thing sticking up outta the snow is the 6' post with the hangar and a xmas lighted ball still on it.....end of driveway is pretty narrow and tall. Might make a good snowfort for some kids, or smurfs... :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
February snow is setting records everywhere this year!!!  yuk!!!  and sayin 6 more inches Friday....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This snow today wasn't the fluffy stuff, it did have a higher water content, but not the real heavy stuff.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
about the same here and what I have heard else where...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. I would guess we got about 3" of snow last night. Snowed heavy while I was outside hauling wood into the wood shed. Haf 18*  this morning heading for a high of 23* today. Not much new here, just another day in paradise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning cats. 4* and clear here in Never-never land. Headed for 28* and sun. That'll get those shingles showin' from the roof rakin'. Just waiting on the MEGA storm for Sat-Sun the morjits are hyperventilating about. Rain. Sleet. Icing. 6" + snow. 40 mph winds creating blizzard conditions and impossible travel.  Here; blizzard this: :moon:
Got some running to do today and the Mom visit. Have a good post hump day, all.  🐫
« Last Edit: February 02/21/19, 06:43:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 here now goin for 23 maybe..  headed to town today too, chicken hind quarters for $3.49 per 10# bag!!!  darn good deal!!!  got a couple other stops to make too.. one is to visit/check on the GF's Dad and see he's doing Ok..  other than that just a another thursday!!!  have a good day all!!!

well they are sayin Feb. has broken the snow record and more coming to us!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

well they are sayin Feb. has broken the snow record and more coming to us!!!

Like we don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bonk:  :crazy:   :moon:  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 14* startin out headed for upper 20's. Looks like we have another inch for what I'm callin 5" total. It's grocery day here today too so see how the highways are as I don't think :scratch: the plows have been around yet. Think we'll need to clear the end of the drive when we come back as well. Looks to me like they, Bemidji,  have  :snow5: in the forecast for the next 4 days. :pouty: Enough about the snow, I better roll. Hope your Thursday's a good 1. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, enough of this depressing s**w stuff! How about a funny instead?   :azn:

Lee and Glenn go fishing.     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Who's who ?  :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup as JB said about 3" here, light fluffy snow.  A puff of wind would blow it away.  Gonna plow it up which should be easy.  More on the way.  Next week the wife has training in the cities after they canceled it on the -40 week.  Maybe they will cancel this one too.  I have been thinking of a shaving cream warmer.  I have been using Edge gel.  May be easier to just put it in a pan of warm water before using.  The ones that are under $50 have bad reviews.  Does anyone else use one? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shaving cream warmer??! O for.....!! :doah: What has this retirement done to you, Barry?!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Shaving cream warmer??! O for.....!! :doah: What has this retirement done to you, Barry?!  :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
musta made him soft like you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
musta made him soft like you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

One bop from my forearm on yer pointy liddle head, and after ya woke up, ya'd swear ya got hit by a steel girder!  training-087

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I used to enjoy putting shaving cream cans in the trash fire. That warmed 'em up... :campfire: :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 3 above at choretime heading for a hi near 20. Storm total snowfall was 7.8" and about the same in Bugtussle. Wetter stuff this time, made the tractor grunt more blowing it. Snowfall records being broken here as well.
As of yesterday snowiest February in over 100 years of record keeping at the SROC in Waseca at 23". Old record was 21.8" set in 1962. This February we've recorded 25.8" at the ranch and 25.4" in Bugtussle proper.

Preliminary seasonal snowfall totals thus far is 60.5" at the ranch & 57.8" in Bugtussle. Normal snowfall at the SROC for the entire winter is 52.8". Road ditches in the hinterlands are full to over full meaning with March coming up, a good thaw is in order or we could be being wishing it had. A large snow pack to our south covers IA & extends thru Missouri nearly to the Arkansas border. That typically makes it slower to warm up. And people wonder why I drink... :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You?!! And I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :angry2:    :banghead:

I fixed yer post, too.    :rotflmao:

"A large snow pack to our south covers Reb's place, IA, & extends thru Missouri nearly to the Arkansas border. That typically makes it slower to warm up."  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/21/19, 10:27:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching the fun from afar...
I look at the climate stuff on weather.gov.   
Really strange.   Snow depth still at 20 inches for Roch, and 11 inches for MSP even though they got 8 to 10 inches of new snow.   

I still remember the record year, maybe 86?.   Couldn't walk across my yard, the snow was waist deep on me.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas just hit $2.39 for low grade on my end of town................. :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I've got an idea...

How about a $0.20/gallon gas tax!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I've got an idea...

How about a $0.20/gallon gas tax!

We could use the money to build trains th haul folks around the metro!!!