Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904136 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Blizzard Warning
Winter Weather Warning

Tonight:
Rain before 7pm, then snow. The snow could be very heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Patchy blowing snow after midnight. Low around 16. Windy, with a northeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest 23 to 28 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 43-45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible. Local areas like Rochester and Byron could receive more.
Travel will become dangerous or impossible depending on the severity of and drifting and visibility. Road closures are likely in areas impacted by the blizzard conditions. Travel is not recommended tonight.
Plan now for the wintry conditions. Adjust or cancel travel plans if possible.
hey REB...……… maybe ya go go out and do some of that para skiing or whatever they call it tomorrow!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, might as well.  Tie myelf to the back of a plow truck with a rope and say HIT IT.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't mean to say it wasn't credible, but if in fact it isn't approved by feds for when they want a drug test that might be affecting Mayo's decision. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 07:38:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, just looked at 511 and WOW the sure are closed along I90 and 35W closed from just south of the cities to Iowa.. sure hope everyone is OK..  stay safe and have a good day!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, if it was me in tha pic, the other guy would be Glenn................... :doah:
you only wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we are in a blizzard warning too???????? :scratch: :scratch: with only an inch of snow forecasted?????????

we are in it now too!!  darn wind!!!         
finch must be at happy hour flapping his jaws!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: :moon:
:mooning: :tut: So now your an expert at jaw flapping? ;) :rolleyes: WHAT A SURPRISE! :bonk:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where's my steps? My Driveway? Where did the roads go???!?! Where's my front steps?!
Last pic, my concrete steps coming up to house, picket fence, and railing are somewhere under there...ruler shows 10" snow, and wind is just a howlin' and blowin' snow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 07:57:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 15* & 15-20 mph NW winds for a WC ~ -5. Looks like there was a little light snow over night too, just enough to make any effort to drive anywhere pretty  :crazy:. Stay safe & warm all, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 6* and they wind is yowling here. Can't see the fish houses out on the lake, she is a white out. I would say we got a good 6" of snow yesterday. With that and the snow a couple days prior there was a good 8-10" of fresh snow on the snowmobile trails. It was good riding yesterday. My Dad and Stepmom are supposed to drive back to Aitkin today. I wonder if they will spend another night. Just another day in paradise. Have a good Sunday boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all from the great white north.  Like JB said it is blowing like a mother here.  That snow we got yesterday was soft and light so it is blowing all over the place.  The trees are whipping around pretty good too.  It was 8 at 7am and now it is 6.  I wonder if it is going to drop all day?  We are supposed to drive to downtown St. Paul tomorrow.  ???  Remember they called off the wife's training when it was so cold, well now I wonder if we will make it tomorrow???  I don't know how I will get my fishhouse off the river.  Will just wait till the snow melts.  Should have plenty of ice with all of this cold weather.  Looks like a good day to hibernate today.  Maybe I will start the GMC and let it run for awhile to charge the battery up.  Can eat leftover ribs.  I always buy the 3-4 lb family pack even just for the two of us.  I like leftovers.  Well I have my shaving cream in a pan of water getting ready for me.   :happy1: :happy1:  What a treat!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 6* and they wind is yowling here. Can't see the fish houses out on the lake, she is a white out. I would say we got a good 6" of snow yesterday. With that and the snow a couple days prior there was a good 8-10" of fresh snow on the snowmobile trails. It was good riding yesterday. My Dad and Stepmom are supposed to drive back to Aitkin today. I wonder if they will spend another night. Just another day in paradise. Have a good Sunday boys.
:happy1: :scratch: Think I'd try & convince 'em to stick around JB, that's a pretty long drive in this kind of weather. :surrender: Good to be on the safe side when it's like this.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Piffle. A few snowflakes up there and..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wouldn't be good to lose visibility going through the bog and drive into the water filled ditches. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 at choretime and it's made it to 14 which will likely be the hi. Major league blizzard. Roads are blocked, closed and otherwise effed up, sorta like our yard. Waded thru where the drifts were 3' or less to get to the barn. Lots deeper than that. Hacked a trail between the barns & back to the house with the skidsteer. Cold mofo ride with no cab. No lambs overnite which was good. We'd bedded the flock down good last nite during chores and they stayed dry. Visibility is about a quarter mile when it's good. No hurry to do much of anything other than stay warm and get mentally prepared to clean up another mess.  :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
very little new snow here. windy as all get out.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The sun just came out here but still windy. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
very little new snow here. windy as all get out.

Stop by, open the winders and I'll give you some!  :rotflmao:

Sustained winds at 38 mph with a gust measured a 48 mph gust at Waseca at 10:39. Liars! They said it was supposed to make 50!  :doah: Visibility has definitely gotten worse. At times the barn disappears from view. That's about 60 yards from the house. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'd be on my way but looks like 511 I cant get to your house from here...…..roads are closed pretty much the entire 1/3 of the bottom end of the state!!!!!!!! so looks like its all yours!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Some snow here, but it's the drifts and blowing that are causing a mess.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
4 hours to blow/dig out with 2 guys. Nowhere to even put snow. Piles are now over 6' high on front boulevard. Neighbor had 4 guys going at it, and they still are.. Snow was over top of the big blower in driveway, no plow yet, either. Measured drifts at 42" out front. Blower would hardly handle just the sidewalks, even in 1st gear. Pretty heavy stuff, not the light'n fluffy. Wind is just howling and blowing the snow, hard to blow it anywhere with the blowers. Filling the driveway right back in. Gusting to 48 mph. The snow in backyard is even with the deck. I've lived in this house 25 yrs, and NEVER seen it anywhere near this deep.  Note the depth against the 4' high chainlink fence.
What a F***n mess.

« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 01:38:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is really something Rebs.  I feel for ya.  But how pretty.   :crazy:   :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna haveta pull a Glenn reply to that remark. "How pretty" this.... :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hell, the whole 1/3 bottom of the state has closed roads according to 511.org. even creeping up into west central Minnesota.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hell, the whole 1/3 bottom of the state has closed roads according to 511.org. even creeping up into west central Minnesota.

yea I was looking at that too!!!  WOW!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aw, it's OK. Nobody lives down here anyway. Just ask the people on Twin Cities TV weather. No one exists south of Lakeville and occasionally Northfield if it's an election year... :rotflmao:

51 mph gust at Waseca at 1:59 p.m. with sustained winds still at 36 mph. Been to the lambing barn a couple times since chores. All is well in there. Nice place to get in out of the nasty weather and warm up. It's completely filled in the path I cleared with the skidsteer at 7:30 this a.m. Not going to even think about cleaning the yard out yet. This is a lot like the blizzards we used to get back in the late 60's & early 70's. Used to hope they'd show up on a Sunday nite. Frequently got our wish too.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 02:43:41 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 From my cousin Monica in Pismo Beach..... :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 03:40:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember them winters Dotch!!!  WOW!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe he shouldn't of taken that picture though his gin filled glass?????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/24/19, 03:54:45 PM by Rebel SS »