Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900598 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning..............sorry gotta go..............to much stuff to catch up on. leave for 2 days and all hell breaks loose.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND that is a great movie just like the others he made.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Had to go get my fasting blood tests taken this am, so afterwards swung into Kwik-Trip and grabbed a bfast snausge bunwich or whatever, and some hash brown stix. Put the KATCHUP
in the little cup and snapped top tight. Sat in truck eating, and the bottom of cup broke, so I had KATCHUP all over my console. Mr. Sparkles was NOT happy.  :mad1: Whole truck smells like KATCHUP now.  :banghead: Ran over to Home Despot and grabbed a 24' sump pump hose...just in case. Mine is a 12'. Guy said they had a bunch yday....I got the last one.
People are gettin' ready for the disaster coming.  Driving home, some of the roofs are phenomenal, 3' deep with drifting higher, and huge ice dams. Those folks are gonna have mass issues if we get all this rain, then snow.... :doah:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Weather Channel says only 8-12 inches of snow and the winds are only suppose to get up to 40mph in South Central MN. Scary part is they've been pretty right on lately on their dire forecasts.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/19, 10:26:55 AM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to go get my fasting blood tests taken this am, so afterwards swung into Kwik-Trip and grabbed a bfast snausge bunwich or whatever, and some hash brown stix. Put the KATCHUP
in the little cup and snapped top tight. Sat in truck eating, and the bottom of cup broke, so I had KATCHUP all over my console. Mr. Sparkles was NOT happy.  :mad1: Whole truck smells like KATCHUP now.  :banghead: Ran over to Home Despot and grabbed a 24' sump pump hose...just in case. Mine is a 12'. Guy said they had a bunch yday....I got the last one.
People are gettin' ready for the disaster coming.  Driving home, some of the roofs are phenomenal, 3' deep with drifting higher, and huge ice dams. Those folks are gonna have mass issues if we get all this rain, then snow.... :doah:
hey i might even ride in your heap now.........smelling like katchup!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

a cripes quit whining about roofs and wedder  :pouty: :pouty: your making sound like da NL is ignoring you!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

stay safe dere buddy!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Was about 1 above achoretime heading for a hi of 16. Oooooo! Won't know how to act if it keeps this up. Lambing keeps on thundering along. Down to 3 or 4 left to go. Had one I didn't see coming yesterday afternoon, great little ewe lamb. Was a little concerned the lamb's hindquarters were messed up but when we did chores last nite she was up nursing. The lamb we had been bottle feeding in the next pen had figured out how his mom's self serve worked so that was a relief. Also gave a bottle lamb to an elderly lady, the mother of a friend of ours who has taken them in years past. She loves feeding them and having them around. Took gravel roads to get there. OMG! Snow packed, rutted & uneven along with areas drifting shut yesterday. Never seen them in any worse shape than they are right now. :snow2: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn keeps up his crap, he's gonna be in the worst shape ya ever saw, too.  training-087  :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn keeps up his crap, he's gonna be in the worst shape ya ever saw, too.  training-087  :mooning:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :snow3: :snow3: :snow3: :snow3:Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........................weeeeeeee.weee...........wee

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
           _________       🏃‍♂️     🚑   🚓

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My buddy having "fun" on his roof before the rain and eleventeen feet of snow hit..... :mad1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I should have put this on the torques me thread.  I got the tracks on the 660 Grizzly.  Patted myself on the back.  Well I took off to make a deer trail and got about 100' and came to a stop.  The snow is so soft and deep I was plowing with the front end.  So thankfully it backed up easily and I took a different route through the trees where the snow wasn't quite as deep.  I wanted to go down the hill to the river to check out the fish house.  SO I start up the snowmobile which I didn't really want to ride yet for a couple more weeks with my hammy issue.  BUT I wanted to get things going here.  Well I followed the wheeler trail where I came to a stop and as soon as I got to new snow I sunk the Ski-Doo in the soft snow too.  Thank goodness it is 100' from the house so I will let it sit till the snow stiffens up some.   :confused:

I was being careful and should have gave her he77 when I hit the soft stuff.  Then I could have walked 200' to the house when I got stuck.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/19, 05:03:23 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You silly goose! Don't wreck that leg some more! Listen to Mother Reb, aka the walking destroyed body. Ya gotta give that time to heal! Or, as Glenn would say:  :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Carla said the same thing.   :crazy:  Time to watch the news.   :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Had FIVE roofs collapse in CAWchester this week, (according to ch 6 news) and TEN barn buildings from weight of snow. Had a structural engineer on tonite warning to "get it off now, with more heavy stuff coming"  A roof is designed to only carry so much load, beyond that, and *Crash*. My roof guy told me yday he had two houses he inspected that the roof beams had split from the weight...but whatever works for ya. I do prefer the weight be on the NL, though. :bonk:

https://kttc.com/news/top-stories/2019/02/26/oronoco-online-auctions-building-suffers-roof-collapse-due-to-heavy-snow/

https://kttc.com/news/top-stories/2019/02/26/roof-collapses-at-crenlo-plant-2-in-rochester/

https://kttc.com/news/2019/02/27/rfd-blizzard-damage-sunday-to-crenlo-roof-a-progressively-worsening-situation/

https://kttc.com/news/iowa-news-from-the-associated-press/2019/02/21/school-roof-collapse-creates-another-snow-day-for-kids/

https://kttc.com/news/2019/02/26/snow-damage-causes-family-farm-to-sell-livestock/

https://kttc.com/news/2019/02/25/blizzard-brings-devastating-damage-to-local-barns/
« Last Edit: March 03/06/19, 06:18:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I did read another one,  usually roof collapses start from with in. To much moisture in the attic from improper ventilation.  Build up of mold and rot over the years. A proper ventilated roof has the same amount of snow on the house and a non heated garage. But you go ahead and shovel away, some of us don't need to..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I did read another one,  usually roof collapses start from with in. To much moisture in the attic from improper ventilation.  Build up of mold and rot over the years. A proper ventilated roof has the same amount of snow on the house and a non heated garage. But you go ahead and shovel away, some of us don't need to..

that's what I have heard too....  but I still have to rake one area..........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
reb just likes to show off his plumbers butt to the neighbor lady that's why he goes out and does it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched Chris Schaefer on the #4 and his weather forecast. He said the storm bullseye is set to hit some house in Rochester that has no snow on the roof! :scratch: anyone know who lives there??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
How to stop worrying and love the snow.... 

Roofs are designed for a snow load of 35 pounds per square foot or 50 pounds per square foot of snow on the ground (roofs are slanted so  snow is more spread out.)   

Water a foot deep would be 62 pounds per square foot.   So 50 pounds per square foot is about 10 inches of water.   

Since January first, after the thaw when all the snow melted off the roof, we have had in Rochester 4.36 inches of water precipitation.    (77 inches of snow since july 1)
So,  even with drifting etc it is unlikely anyone's roof is in much danger unless there is some other damage.   

Personally I am very relieved.    :happy1:

PS  Even counting december, which mostly melted,  we are only at 6.30 inches of precipitation.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/19, 11:47:38 PM by delcecchi »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -13* here this morning. Sure glad it has wormed up  :crazy:. Sounds like the snow will stay south of Barry and I, thankfully. As for the whole roof clearing thing. I don't need to worry about it, but sometimes it is netter to be safe then sorry. That is my take on it. Barry, sounds like you need a winch on da snowmobile. They sure do get heavy when stuck. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -9 here and maybe get up to 17 today..  and yup still sayin snow Saturday for us.  going into town this morning and get a few things..  have a good day all!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all. Woke to my phone little up with wedder warnings. WINTER STORM WATCH.  possibly 7-13 inches of snow and wind.

Well it's off to Sioux falls today.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Del the carpenter and roof engineer..... Roofs are NOT slanted to "spread out" snow, they are slanted for proper water run-off and drainage. Not a lot of snow in Arizona or Florida. Do you know the difference in strength between say, a hip roof, gable, or mansard in amount of area relation? I do. Ever put a roof on a house? I have. Ever done truss work? I have. Doesn't make me an expert, but does give me good working knowledge. I've got $100 that says you've got ice dams and overhanging icicles 5" around, too. I told KAAL to have the folks whose roofs collapsed call you so you can explain that they're OK and why their roof really collapsed.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/19, 08:24:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, -16* headed for 18*.. Grocery day here too, so off to GR in a bit. Hope your Thursday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/19, 02:31:52 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Del the carpenter and roof engineer. I told KAAL to have the folks whose roofs collapsed call you so you can explain that they're OK and why their roof really collapsed. Is there anything you DON'T know??!
We were just wondering too if the old cabin whose the main structure was probably built 60 maybe 70 years ago was constructed to the same codes as this 1? :scratch: :bonk: We finished this 1 in 2014, bet not. :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Naa. No worries. Even on newer structures. Like this one last week. Fake news.

https://fox2now.com/2019/03/01/watch-heavy-snow-causes-roof-collapse-at-wisconsin-boy-scout-camp/
« Last Edit: March 03/07/19, 07:39:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was -19 here when the wife got up at 6 this morning.  Sucks.  Gonna hit the teens again today and 20's tomorrow.  That will feel great.  Big day today boys.  The wife has a tooth bothering her so we are heading over to Warroad this afternoon.   :happy1:  It will be more fun for me than for her.  LOL  Other than that I will make some Rigs this morning and watch the snow melt by my snowmobile.  I've got one more sandwich of that sausage from you JB.