Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901838 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup looks like 2 or 3 on the ground here.  Still coming down.  Today I am going to mix up a batch of Ring Bologna.  I see in the paper I could have gotten a free pkg of bacon with my purchase at the grocery store.  I didn't know that.  SO maybe since I am retired I can bring in my slip when I get bread today and get me some bacon..??   I will sweet talk one of the girls there.  :sleazy:  SO I took Rory McKllroy,  the wife took Ricky Fowler, my brother took Dustin Johnson, and his wife took Brooks Koepka.  We each put in $20, winner takes all.  Makes it more fun with a wager.  I took Michelson last year and he bombed out big time. I think that wager was for a bottle of brandy which I won back at football time.  Fun here in the world of high finances.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning. made it to work today, roads werent real bad!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! First off, thank you all for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers that have come our way. While not hell on earth, it's come damn close in places. We've been about 24 hrs. w/o power now. Thanks to good friends and neighbors we've been able to stay warm, keep our food intact along with keeping the livestock fed and watered. The two guys I call the Dubya's (last name starts with W) brought over a portable generator about 10 p.m. last night. Luckily when we did the remodel job 11 years ago we installed a double throw switch on the pole and ran the line to the barn so we could run the generator in out of the elements. It was down to about 53 in the house. Another neighbor just called offering his portable as well. We were so blessed to have the neighbors we do. It chokes me up every time I think about their kindness.

There are people who have it much worse. The number of the heavy poles snapped off a mile west of here is staggering. It will be next week before a lot of people get power. I'm a little more optimistic with our situation. The neighbor directly to the south still has power. On our line, it doesn't appear any poles are snapped but in the 3 mile stretch, the hot (top) wire is snapped in two spots, frayed in another, the ground is snapped in another spot and wrapped around the hot wire and just down the road both wires are also wrapped together. I was hopeful when I called in the outage the last item was all that was wrong. Little did I know...

Need to make a run to town to get more gas, pick up some water, & run some errands, then head to Hope for feed, maybe grab a lb. of Hope creamery butter. It's the bomb! Everyone is still kinda in a state of shock and trying their best to help each other out. I've said many times you don't realize how dependent you are on electricity until you don't have it. Thanks guys for letting me ramble on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmIuTI4wRg

« Last Edit: April 04/12/19, 09:21:56 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you Dotch!!!  man is that snow heavy!!!!  super wet and just rolls when I plowed...  got what I needed done I guess so the heck with it.. it will melt....  don't over do it fellers!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You have a plow on a 4 wheeler Mike?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You have a plow on a 4 wheeler Mike?

sure do... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I didn't know that.  Here I thought your woman was out taking care of that situation.  I just thought you shoveled.  Well that helps a lot.  I have gravel so we have to let this 6" or so just melt.  I don't want to gouge my drive now that it is partly thawed.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I didn't know that.  Here I thought your woman was out taking care of that situation.  I just thought you shoveled.  Well that helps a lot.  I have gravel so we have to let this 6" or so just melt.  I don't want to gouge my drive now that it is partly thawed.

interesting thought...........     but no :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there Dotch,  if you need anything dont hesitate pal!! Mornin people's,  33 here and cloudy,  go figure.  Man it felt good to sleep in , been fighting a nasty head cold all week and working outside doesn't help. Picked up the Mrs. from the airport last night,  man what a complete zoo that place was. Well enjoy the weekend boys!! See ya!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 32* now & headin a little north of 40*, I heard. A couple more days of that NW wind before we warm up some, I guess. We heard from our sister & they got their power back 'bout 8:00 Thursday night, so it wasn't out 1 full day.  :happy1: Not much else new today, have a good Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 to 48 hours sure make a difference!!!!  going for the upper 30's today and sunshine!!!  not much going on today..  have a good day all!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 30's. Thanks Boober! I may need some advice on stretching exercises ahead of my evasive maneuvers. I'm positive Mrs. Cheviot will come home saying "I must have you" after she sees how much stuff I got done along with supper cooking on the grill. Maybe I'd better shower first. I stink!

Fortunately we got power back last nite about 7:30. Had the generator running for chores and to warm the house up afterwards when I spied a lineman down the road. He was flipping a breaker like I'd seen him do a couple days ago. Hmmm... Minutes later we got notification our service had been restored. Looked at the meter, saw it was working again so shut the generator off, unplugged it. Went back to the pole, threw the green lever from the "on aux" position  to the "on line" position, slid the red switch to the left to lock it in and magic! Power was back on. We were fortunate, only without power for ~36 hrs. The line we're on is only about 3 miles long. While there were lots of wires snapped or otherwise effed up, no poles were broken off.

Got some stuff to clean up around the yard but not the huge trees some people lost. Lots of what are/were now big old spruce trees planted on these farmsteads many moons ago bit the dust. Still a fair amount of people without power but the power companies are working their tails off to get it restored. Squadrons of boom trucks all over the place. Nothing but the utmost respect for the linemen after living thru the Halloween blizzard, straight line winds in '96 and now this. They've earned it. And yes, I raised a toast to them last nite with a few G&T's.  :happy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeqXyY-9xA    
« Last Edit: April 04/13/19, 10:09:54 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent Reb!!!!  special delivery for Dotch!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oooooooo! Tanqueray 10! Park 'er right over there boys next to the Boodles, Beefeater & Sapphire...  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/13/19, 10:25:27 AM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear you got your power back Dotch. We were pretty fortunate here. It looks like you need to get a bunch of ice made.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
He was working on that the last 3 nites.  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all. 31* last I looked, headed for the mid to upper 40's. Think we made 40 yday. Only thing on my list today is watchin the final round of the Masters. Another road trip tomorrow so I might round up a few things for that too. Have a good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
another good day yesterday and today sure looks to be the same...  23 going for the lower 40's here but further into the week it's looking good..  have a good day all!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning, think i'll be nice and take momma out for brunch this morning. not much else planned.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya brunch, mornin people's,  paper is read coffee is almost gone , thinking maybe French toast n bacon perhaps.  Trying to lay low and get rid of the crud before the work week, the pooches are miffed but they'll get over it. Probably catch some of da masters tgen maybe some baseball,  ya that'll put me to sleep.. See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ham eggs and toast here....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning, think i'll be nice and take momma out for brunch this morning. not much else planned.
:happy1:  :scratch:  You being nice!! :confused:  :huh:, I want pictures. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: We had french toast & bacon here too, Boober.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had a fun day yesterday too.  Just fun having the wife home during the day.  Got the Masters on already.  Channel 4.  CBS.  Not sure what we are going to do for brunch here.  Mayhaps bacon and eggs???  We shall see.  Hey I fired up the big Ski-Doo and took a ride through the pasture and around the yard yesterday.  I was thinking of how proud of me Mike would be that I got it moving again.  LOL  The floating dock is partly free but part is still frozen to the bottom of the river.  Will check it out again today. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not much going on here, probably take a walk in the woods with the camera.

Coffee and a banana for breakfast, don't feel like cooking anything.

It's 🌞 out right now... 🦃 and 🦌 in the back yard.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1:  :scratch:  You being nice!! :confused:  :huh:, I want pictures. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: We had french toast & bacon here too, Boober.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup looks like 2 or 3 on the ground here.  Still coming down.  Today I am going to mix up a batch of Ring Bologna.  I see in the paper I could have gotten a free pkg of bacon with my purchase at the grocery store.  I didn't know that.  SO maybe since I am retired I can bring in my slip when I get bread today and get me some bacon..??   I will sweet talk one of the girls there.  :sleazy:  SO I took Rory McKllroy,  the wife took Ricky Fowler, my brother took Dustin Johnson, and his wife took Brooks Koepka.  We each put in $20, winner takes all.  Makes it more fun with a wager.  I took Michelson last year and he bombed out big time. I think that wager was for a bottle of brandy which I won back at football time.  Fun here in the world of high finances.  LOL
We used to do something similar at work, although would be 12 of us or so. All the golfers that made the cut were in a hat and everyone took a turn pulling a name out, we would have end up having around 4 or 5 golfers per guy.  Kinda fun.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Monday. 30* here this morning heading for the 40s and rain today I guess. Got some fishing in for the final weekend of walleye season. Fished Saturday and it was really slow. Was going to fish Sunday too, but as slow as it was the day before I said nah. We moved the camper out of the spot we had it parked for the winter and got it parked on the driveway. Figured we better do it while the ground was still frozen, somewhat. This summer we will core out all the black dirt and put gravel in that spot. Then we won't have to worry about it anymore. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin boys, 27* headed for mid 50's, I guess. Headed for Mason City this afternoon as my brother has a follow up Dr appt over there . Up to Mom's after that as we've got a appt tomorrow morning for her. Not much else here, hope your Monday's a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here goin up to maybe 49...  we will see...  maybe some rain too???  got a few things to do around the house but nothing major...  have a good day all!!!