Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903473 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...……..hard at work today in grand rapids!!!!!!!! got everything done at the cabin that needed to be switching from winter to summer mode. with a few hickups. had to take a trip to the bowstring store sunday, was surprised they ad everything I needed.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea tried fishing. water to cold yet. I like the water levels in the lakes now. spent 3 hours in the woods sunday afternoon clearing out a trail in anticipation of getting a bear license and prepping for another. deer look healthy, swans and loons are around. even a few snow banks yet.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 50's. Had .06" of rain at the ranch and .05" in Bugtussle proper in the overnite. Lots of activity yesterday and should be through Tuesday once we get this dab of precip dried off in the forenoon today. After seeing the hummer & oriole yesterday, have my ears tuned in for the first wren. Thought I heard one last night scolding a cat while I was grilling but haven't heard one sing yet. Ta ta!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
First Orioles and Rose Breasted Grosbeaks this morning. Eff the Wrens they are mean little bastiches.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26* here and frosty. Making ice this AM. Still lots of ice on the lake. Supposed to be clear today so hopefully we can get a good satellite view of the lake. Still have the wood boiler cranking away. I am hoping maybe after this week we can be done for the season. No orioles, hummers or grosbeaks here yet. We have grackles by the hundreds.  :angry2: Them bastards have gone thru a 40 lbs bag of sunflower seed in a week.  :angry2: Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here going for the mid 50's the way it sounds..  going to Sartell this morning for a dental appt.   then get home and do a few things..   going up to Itasca State park tomorrow thru Friday, see the park one day and then just visit the area.. should be fun!!!  have a good day!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 28* @ 1st glance & but the ground doesn't look very white to me. :scratch: Headed for 55 they're sayin. A little more fine tunin on the dock yday & we're still not quite set yet. It looks like the boat will be going in the lake later today :happy1: so that means the canopy isn't far behind. :cool: Might even do a little scoutin to see if the crappies have started movin shallow yet. Have a good day guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cold here but no wind and the sun is shining and is kicking out some warmth already.  Beautiful day.  Dock work and mowing are on my mind.  We shall see how strong those urges are as the day goes on.  Do you have a nice tent Mike for your stay at Itasca?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well fellas my union thuggery is done here in grand rapids. so headed home tomorrow sometime as there are more fires to but out!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well fellas my union thuggery is done here in grand rapids. so headed home tomorrow sometime as there are more fires to but out!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

BUT out????????????????  I have heard putting them out, Butt how do you but them out???????????????     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn is a man of many talents!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornig boys. 33* here this morning. Heading for high 40s and cloudy today. Got to see a good satellite view of the lake yesterday. Still lots of ice out there. A good south wind would help blow it to the north. Hump day to day. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, rainy mornin here already...  heading out for Itasca state park this morning and who knows where from there..  it will be good to get away for 2 or 3 days!!  have a good day all!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 42* but doesn't feel that warm as the air is damp & there's a bit of a breeze. We got the boat in by lunch :happy1: & I managed to take a cruise of our end of the lake. I found only ~ 1/2 dozen other places with their gear in the lake so far. I did check out a couple of the usual early season crappie spots while I was out too. They must still be out deeper here yet too, I did find some surface temps  of 51* in 1 spot though. Nothin pressing on the list today so I'll just roll with it. Have a good mike,mike, mike, mike  ;) day everybody.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well I overachieved yesterday.  I but out the dock after doing some repairs.  That felt good so then I but the boat in the river.  That felt good too.  LOL  I may get the pontoon ready to go today.  I should but that in the water soon too.  LOL  So Mike you must be sleeping in your car at Itasca.  Cool.  So still now word from our friend in Cawchester.  Hmm.  She really did tie him up and then forgot about him.  Poor guy. ..  :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
naw got some hotels lined up, no more sleeping in the truck!!  only be at Itasca for today and then explore!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmmm. Rebs disappears and RH is back. Maybe they are alter egos but the same person.  :bonk: :rotflmao: Wonder what is up with Rebs?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime and that's about as warm as it's supposed to get. Raining so it's knocked farmers out of the fields. .02" of rain at the ranch about 7:30 and .08" in Bugtussle proper about 8:15. In for a good soaking of cold rain so some are getting their panties in a bunch, again. (sigh) Internet at work here has been on the fritz for several days now. Someone hit a Century Dink fiber optic cable a few weeks back and it's been funked up ever since. I use another guy's Hickory Dick internet service but it is sooooo s-l-o-w. Oh well, we'll manage. In the meantime I suspect Del & Reb are bonding.  ;) Have a good 'un!  :happy1:   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home. rain on and off all the way. one my way back to the cabin I stopped at the cop shop in deer river to see if I could legally have a campfire. yep good to go. if anyone remembers from the old FM days BMC, was there and talked to him. good dude.

anyway I knew something was going on, severl deer river poloce, Itasca sherrifs and a BCA guy there. driving back to the cabin I get passed by all these guys then they turn in this driveway, all of them and I see them charging towards the house. this is like 5 blocks from where my coworker lives so I stop in and tell him.

apparently that place is the local meth manufactuter, and assume he gotz busted. was quiet there this morning when I drove by.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
BMC on FM was Brian, right, & a DR  :police:? Had a few chats with him over there. :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
BMC on FM was Brian, right, & a DR  :police:? Had a few chats with him over there. :happy1: :cool:
yepper……...and I warned him about you Iowa guys!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If he knows you he's gotta think we're :angel: s :super smiley: :super smiley: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah you must day dream alot don't you!! :rotflmao:

What crappy weather. It's snowing here. Supposed to get 2.5 inches. Really  :scratch: :scratch:.
« Last Edit: May 05/08/19, 05:31:12 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: now we are in a winter weather advisory. :confused: :confused:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya might  as well wet a line, your green thumb can wait until the snow is gone.. :bonk:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34* here this morning and no snow here. Glad it was down there and not here. Still ice on the lake.  :pouty: It was looking mighty gray last night. Just need some good wind to blow it out. Boar, you may need to take Glenn to Wigwam with you so he can use some of that union hot air to blow the ice back to the north. ;) :rotflmao: Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: See what all that "clean livin" gets ya!! :shocked: :bonk: :rolleyes:  Better change your ways or get used to that big dark cloud followin you around.  :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy:  :nerd: :nerd: :evil:........................................... ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 38* here to begin, breezy & damp too. Went to town yday as we had to pick up a couple things that we ordered online. Sure could tell that the Opener is this weekend as it looked like GR had doubled in size from last week as everywhere we went was busy. In fact the 1st & last places, Ace & Aldi's was  :crazy: busy. Either that or word had finally gotten out that glenn had went home. ;) :rotflmao: Got a couple little things on my list for today but if they mean havin to be outside for very long they may have to wait. :pouty: That's all I've got for this day, hope you have a good un.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good one Gunner.  Poor Glenn.  Morning boys.  It is a sunny day here.  The wind is howling out of the north.  Probably not the direction JB wants for getting rid of the ice from our side of the lake.  Was going to put the pontoon in today but will wait and see how the wind blows.  Man we are getting graduation things everyday in the mail it seems.  The wife handed me a stack to mail today so it looks like me and the dogs have a long ride to town again today.  One of our favorite past times.  She said don't stop and buy anything.  LOL  We have been talking about my budget since with me home I am upgrading and working on things.  Like I said every project costs $100.   :crazy:  That didn't help much.  LOL  Well anyone heard from the Rebel from the SE corner of the state?  Maybe he washed away. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: See what all that "clean livin" gets ya!! :shocked: :bonk: :rolleyes:  Better change your ways or get used to that big dark cloud followin you around.  :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy:  :nerd: :nerd: :evil:........................................... ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

morning..........friggin paperwork..................... :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: