Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903122 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 40's. Oh well, at least it'll be windy and cloudy! :huh: 1.08" of rain at the ranch and 1.18" of rain in Bugtussle proper. Be doing some bill collecting today along with other odds and ends. Hopefully get my internet at work back up and running. Sounds like the 10 year old modem might be shot. Century Dink is sending me a new one hopefully be here Friday. In the meantime I have one at home I disconnected a few years back when we dumped our landline  so may try that to see what happens. Good times!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34* this morning and the ice is really going fast on the lake now. Most of the lake was open yesterday except for about 3/4 mile of shore ice. That ice was out from shore about a mile or more this morning. Guessing it will be gone by the end of the day with any type of wind. You should be good to go Tomorrow Boar. Good luck. That also means we should be able to get the dock and rail system in tomorrow. TGIF boys. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 34* here too. Turned out to be a nicer day yday than I expected so I spent most of the day outside. Was doing a little fine tuning on the frame for the canopy of the lift & the guides on the boat trailer needed some tendin too as well. Looks like it's gonna be a nice day, not sure what's on my list yet Ill havta see how it rolls. Hope your Friday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be nicer today as in the high 50's.  They are saying 65 for tomorrow but I will believe it when I see it. Winds south at 10 - 20 so that's a lot of wind on the water.  Glad it is from the south.  The wife will be nice and comfortable hauling in walleyes.   :happy1:  I'm gonna try to get some mowing in today. Will wait for it to warm up a bit.  Helping the wife get her Rebs Deviled Eggs ready for her to bring to work today.  Too bad he isn't here to read it.   :confused:  Gotta go.  See ya all later.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning. dem fishin gals got me all confused today!!!!! :wowza: :evil: :rotflmao: havent seen to many rigs with boats yet. sure hope the traffic tonight when i get off WORK isnt a zoo!!!!!! :doofus: :pouty:

think a campfire and some beer are in order for tonight. clean more winter onions, maybe even stick some seeds in the garden. was frosty this am!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  ya musta felt my presence rumbling through CS earlier Glenn,  bet da hair on your neck was standing.. :rotflmao: Gots an 8 pound pork shoulder smoking away, sure hope it's done by this evening,  sure is nice out here, not hardly a ripple on the lake. Have a good day boys!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  ya musta felt my presence rumbling through CS earlier Glenn,  bet da hair on your neck was standing.. :rotflmao: Gots an 8 pound pork shoulder smoking away, sure hope it's done by this evening,  sure is nice out here, not hardly a ripple on the lake. Have a good day boys!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i was wondering why i felt a bit queezy!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 50's with sunshine no less!  :happy1: Was a sandhill crane traipsing around the field about 75 - 100 yards out while I was reading my black cutworm trap this a.m. Looked like it was picking thru the chit I spread last December. That or it was an awfully big, long-legged sparrow!  :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yesterday, I got the new boat motor home & took the small boat to the welding shop.
Today I got the breaks done on the car & fed the birds. Daughter will be coming home soon to see if she can bag a turkey. I don't plan on going out on opener, but probably will go down to the landing to watch the comedy hour.

Have a GREAT day boy's!

I think Reb is boycotting us. It's either that, or he broke his hip and he can't get up...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Right now I got hit Monday with the fact that my cousin in Sante Fe,  New Mexico, who I found out by trying to get a hold of him, since I hadn't heard from him, passed away in March. No one told me.  Got a hold of a person down there thu much detective work that knew him. She said they had his funeral and she would scatter his ashes up here this summer, as he requested it be done in the upper Mississippi river. Now, the money he left here to do that is gone (fat wonder) and she also told me that his Mom and Dad, my Favorite aunt and uncle, who passed down there two years ago, were NEVER buried or had a service, as he told me they had. All three are being shipped up to me this week to be buried at family plot/whatever. I also will somehow try to arrange a service for all three and figure out how to do the plot burial. I have no money to do it, either, but I will. They are my family.
I have all that to deal with. Now my Mom has also taken a turn for the worse. She's going downhill. Dealing with that.
Make of it what you will. Not looking for sympathy. Just telling you why I'm not on here. Anyone want to trade places, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 05/10/19, 01:08:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Geez, Reb sorry to hear all that. Just do what you can do. You can't carry all the family issues on yourself.

Take care of the living first (your mom) then do what you can for the deceased when time and money are available.  This may sound cold, but they aren't going anywhere and at least in the end you are taking care of them when no one else did. God bless.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad to hear of this, bud.  :thumbs: While your tryin to take care of all that don't forget to take care of yourself.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about all that chit Rebs. I agree with the others, take care of your mom and don't forget to take care of yourself. We will be praying for you!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44* here this morning heading for somewhere around 60* last I looked. They pretty much took the rain out of our forecast so it will probably rain. Just a little bit of ice floating around out front so if the weather holds we should be able to put the dock and rail in today. Good luck to all those out fishing today. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 46* for our start, there's a pretty good breeze goin already too. Looks like we might make 65* & there's just a 20% chance of rain for us. Got a couple small things on my list for today, probably spend a little time  :fishing: later too. That's all I've got today, have a good day all! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said not looking like rain and should be a real nice day.  We will go out after it warms up a bit.  Haven't seen a boat go by yet.  Coffee is brewing.  That is a lot of bad news Rebs.  Darn.  We wondered what was happening.  Sad to hear about your relatives.  Good for you to handle things.  Like the other guys said, take care of you first so you can be there for your mother.  Wish I was closer to give you some support so just have to do it from here.  Hang in there, we are with you in spirit!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well made it back late yesterday and it was a darn good time!!!  ended up changing plans each day as we went and so we stayed at other hotels instead of where we made reservations!!  one had to be passed!!!  even Glenn  wouldn't stay there!!!  but all in all it was a great time!!!  Itasca was very empty so we had the place to ourselfs..  have a good day all!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. I'm awake. :doofus: :pouty: off to check asparagus and other things.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 45 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 60's. Some feed to unload, mother's day stuff to get and maybe some lawn to mow if the ground isn't too wet. Sounds like you had a good time mikey. That Itasca State Park area is one of my faves. Aunt & uncle had a cabin on a lake to the west of there that we visited many times when I was a lad. Last time thru there grouse hunting we wound up covered in deer ticks tho so you better check yer squeeze... :evil: 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good idea Dotch!!!!!!!   :sleazy:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck with everything you're dealing with Reb.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just got back from a couple days of turkey hunting with my son.  Great weather, great time for sure.  The snow had melted but it sure was sloppy out there.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 41* to start & gonna end up like yday, low - mid 60's. A lot less wind today though, got the washin machine goin already. Probably try some :fishing: again later. Still got the canopy to go on the lift too, don't know if'n we'll get to that today or not. Hopin you have a good Sunday. :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47* this morning heading for 59* and a chance of rain showers this afternoon. We ended up making a run to international falls yesterday to hit Menards. We did manage to get the dock put in when we got home. Maybe we will get the rail in today if the rain holds off.
Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 47 going for 58 here..  looks like it should rain but they say only 10% chance..  we will see!!  I did get the bike home yesterday and got some yardwork done too...  got some more to do today but the wind here too isn't so bad!!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Actually worked the last 3 days.  Man I could never go back to full time.  Being a butcher for over 35 years and then to be asked to go back PT [only 8 days a month due to that I'm recieving a pension] is Ok but the body is not the same as years ago.  This job does take a toll on you for sure over time,  but I like being back with the guy's and gal's.

Hardly ever go on opener so going to relax today and make some burn't ends out of a thick chuck roast.  Grill some pineapple slices and maybe some ABT's.  Enjoy Mothers Day!!!!  I tell my wife it's mothers day every day.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Moving kind of slow today.  We had a great time yesterday.  Went fishing twice.  Ended up keeping 5 walleyes.  Biggest were in the 16" range.  Windy so it was hard to keep the anchor holding.  Lot of current too.  Each fish seemed like a lot bigger fish with the current.  The wife caught some too so that made it even more fun.  Got em all cleaned up.  May go out again today.  Putzing around here and am going to do some ribs on the smoker later today.  The wife decided she would rather just stay home instead of going to the Mothers Day Brunch up at Sportsmans.  That's ok with me too.  Checked all of the trail cams.  Had the baby fox again, a coon, the neighbors dog, and lots of deer pics.  One yearling looks like a little buck. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is your raccoon this big LPS?  This one has got enough fur to make a coat!  :laugh:

Went out turkey hunting with my daughter this morning...she took a shot at one, but it didn't drop. Welp, that's hunting

Gonna run down to town later to fix my dads air compressor and visit with mom. Then later take the wife out for dinner. Other than that, drink a few beers and relax. Have a great day boy's!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks like a small bear.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. LPS you didn't enter one in the contest????? to get one there before boar would be priceless!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

moving slow today. did some garden work yesterday, had a fire and some  :toast:. that wind kicked my butt being outside all day. looking like I need to cut the lawn pretty soon.

no  :toast: today!!!!!!just putter around today!!!!!!!