Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905091 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Slowly Mike... but then again I cant sit still. Nice fish though Gunner, beats the alternative of gut hooking and have to keep, whatchya using fer bait now a days anyhow??  We have a spot where little Joe spinners and little suckers drive the Northerns nuts this time of year with an occasional eye in the mix, but I might drag some Raps through the area first..
I agree about gut hookin 'em, Boober! :happy1: A lot of the people that I know with places on the lake use leeches a lot. About the only time I use minnows here is early & late season, too many small pike otherwise. I couldn't get bit at 1st with leeches so I went to my old standby a blown up crawler, now they seem to want leeches. Surface temps here the last couple days have been ~ 67*. Looks like a bug hatch goin on a times too. Ain't seen a bunch on the surface but there's clouds over the mud spots where they usually start showin up.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On Red the other day we got a few bites on minnows, and a few on crawlers.  Leeches were the way to go.  Glad we had some. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I already trimmed the dogs nails, vacuumed up my mess from that and put dishes away from the dishwasher.  Now taking a coffee break.  Actually I am kissing up to the wife cuz I need to buy more stuff for the boat.  I need new bumpers.  It will be tied up to the dock so at least try to keep it from getting too bunged up.  I got most of the things done on it yesterday.  Had to put a new hatch in the back motor well.  Can't seem to find new O-rings for them so you just have to put new hatches in so am waiting for the caulk to dry overnight.  Gonna look at changing oil today.  Wonder if it matters if I don't use Honda oil and filter.  Wouldn't think so. It's not in warranty so shouldn't matter.  I will research it.  Well gonna get it in the water today I'm thinking.  Well see ya all later.  Have a great day to all of you!!!
We use synthetic in our 115 Yammie & a generic L & M filter. Even put Amsoil synthetic in the lower unit & we don't change it every year then. Just pop the screws every fall & if it looks good(no water) just fill it back up. Ours is a '02

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I will do too then Gun.  This is an 02 also.  Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back in from cleanin the 2 eyes I had in the live box & realized I forgot to mention the slot (17-26")  that we've had for 2 season now. Deep hooked slot fish, I just cut the line & re-tie. Once it gets so warm that I think there's a good chance they won't survive releasing them like that I usually try NOT to let 'em swallow it. :tut:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime on it's way to the low 70's. Raining down along the state line heading this way slowly. Speaking of collector car prices, we were having that discussion yesterday. There is a limited market and to some extent if you're patient and watch the right places, it's not hard to find what you're looking for at a reasonable price. Within the Studebaker arena it's not unusual to see guys getting 75-80 unloading their pride & joy at a reasonable price because they no longer can drive them. They just want to see them go to a good home. The question we had was what's going to happen to all these things once us gray hairs are done playing with them? Museums can only take about so many and the younger crowd, while a few are into the souped up vehicles, most have little interest in the restored original models.  :confused:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
just a chunk of metal.  :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
They ship to Mexico where they're re-purposed....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wrecked a good 64 there...........  but to each there own too............
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, at least they're chebbies.   ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember the big boat era? ( mid 70's) I had a 77 cutlass,  fokes had a 77 LTD, but I was along side a mint 76 or 77 Monte carlo yesterday, the hood didnt seam to want to end..

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
My sisters boyfriend had a 74 Impala spirit of America just like this one only a convertible. Man was that a boat.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Needed binocs to see past the hood of some of the Lincoln MK series..... :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Big cars and big motors,  we would go bumper to bumper  trying to push each other but filling parking lots of burnt rubber..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Big cars and big motors,  we would go bumper to bumper  trying to push each other but filling parking lots of burnt rubber..

And the bumpers didn't fold and dent like tin foil, either.

How'd ya like to hard wax one of them by hand now? NOT!
« Last Edit: June 06/21/19, 04:57:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

How'd ya like to hard wax one of them by hand now? NOT!
  If I could get my hands on one of them new gummies I'd give it a whirl.  :smoking:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there was some sort of big merc on the mecum auction replay the other night.   Went for like 6K if I recall correctly.   Looked really good on TV.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there was some sort of big merc on the mecum auction replay the other night.   Went for like 6K if I recall correctly.   Looked really good on TV.

I believe that was the '77 Marquis.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see you back Reb!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see you back Reb!
X 2 !!  :happybounce: :happybounce: :party1: Mornin all, 57* when I 1st looked. Headed back for mid-70's but man it sure was breezy yday. Come to think of it :scratch: the wind picked up about the time you know who :doofus: showed up on the north end of the lake. ;) :laugh: Got a couple small things in mind for today, haveta see if'n I can find the time. :rolleyes: ;D  Hopin your Saturday's a good 1 :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup good to see Reb here again!! a good day yesterday! no rain!  still sayin rain today and night...  nothing special going on today..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornin fellas, rainu here, heading down tonriverbottom family work weekend have a goodie!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  gorgeous looking day on tap this away. Not much on the agenda , a little mow lawning and such, I see a few tomatoes started showing up on a few plants, cayenne s are starting but the rest of the peppers haven't started. Have a swell weekend gents!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 70's. Good chance of rain tonite and into tomorrow a.m. so need to double down on the Stude windshield Rain X. Wipers work on slow speed, sort of.  :scratch:  Lotsa honeydew projects after I unloaded hay this a.m. Need to make a run to town to the bank, post office and grocery store then head to Hope for feed. After I get done unloading that my @ss better be surgically attached to the lawnmower. Looks like hell around here with all the late nites recently. Should put a sharp set of blades on Whitey before I start tho. A mother's work is never done...(sigh) Have a great weekend everone!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like rain but now they are saying not till later today.  Well I got the new boat in the water yesterday.  Man that Honda purrs.  We went for about a 8 mile ride upriver and back.  Was great.  We put the top up too on the way back for the heck of it.  I like a top on a boat to get out of the sun and rain.  BUT there was no water coming out of a pee hole on either side of the motor.  I couldn't even find one.  There is an exhaust type of hole in the very back that may be it but no big spray of water coming out of it.   :confused:  It never overheated and the hood didn't even get hot.  Would appreciate any advise about it.  May go buy some new boards today to rebuild the wooden dock that gets me to the floating dock.  I have considered buying a dock on wheels to get me there instead of the homemade wooden on.  Well I am so glad Rebby is back.  He must have finally wore the NL out so she untied him and let him go home.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that doesn't sound right LPS, but I don't have a 4 stroke....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Honda's have pee holes....and some have had issues with them plugging up. Find the hole first, (It's on the left side looking at motor from rear) or locate water hoses on engine under hood, and do the wire ream trick....let's hope it's not the impeller!  Good luck!

Go to 1:10 in vid, you can see the stream.....

https://youtu.be/UZorx0rLEvM
« Last Edit: June 06/22/19, 10:03:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at an owners manual online from honda site.  picked a model of 115 at random....
https://marine.honda.com/support/manuals/models/BF115

Looks like pee hole is above transom on left side, on left side of motor.   
Page 40 on the version I looked at.     Should be able to see the hose going there if you take the cover off the motor.  Hose could have cracked, or could be some crud in the output.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Delmar........   :banghead:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/19, 10:04:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman