Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952134 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all.  60 here going for 75  and light rain...  so I got the yards mowed just in time last night!!! got some small things to do today and no big deal on any of them..  Have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's 61* & rainin here. Headed for the low 70's, I guess. It's been raining since 1:30-2:00 & there's ~ .5" in the gauge. Looks like it could keep it up for a couple more hours too, which is OK with me as we needed it. My plan for the day is to try to hook up with LPS on his return trip from GR. Might see about some  :fishing: too. Hopin your Monday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That's me...   :rotflmao:  Gunner I would love to do a quick meet.  Just PM'd you!
be wary LPS he's pretty shifty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup almost ready to take off.  Just have to load up my straps.  Looking forward to meeting Gunner.   :happy1:  It's too bad you aren't up there Glenn.  Would be fun to meet you too.  See ya all later.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's 61* & rainin here. Headed for the low 70's, I guess. It's been raining since 1:30-2:00 & there's ~ .5" in the gauge. Looks like it could keep it up for a couple more hours too, which is OK with me as we needed it. My plan for the day is to try to hook up with LPS on his return trip from GR. Might see about some  :fishing: too. Hopin your Monday's a good 1. :happy1:
geez........its raining and i aintz nowhere near the area???? :scratch: :scratch: where's your theory now gunner???? :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers....back in ramsey today then off to duluth for negotiations tomorrow, then wed off to red wing with more negotiations!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
geez........its raining and i aintz nowhere near the area???? :scratch: :scratch: where's your theory now gunner???? :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers....back in ramsey today then off to duluth for negotiations tomorrow, then wed off to red wing with more negotiations!!!!!!!!!
You must've been extra sneaky this time. :confused: Probably  :snow5: tomorrow & have a tornado on Wednesday to make up for it. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
God, don't egg him on!!!  :doah: He's already stirred up three threads this morning, we don't need the weather all riled up too!   :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
God, don't egg him on!!!  :doah: He's already stirred up three threads this morning, we don't need the weather all riled up too!   :bonk:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 70's. 24 hour rainfall was .51" at the ranch and only .24" in Bugtussle proper. Another Back to the 50's in the books. Long day thanks to a couple senior citizens. 1st off the leader ran between 60 - 75 mph. Then when we got there the one old guy was all pissy because he claimed my one headlight was brighter than the other one. Told him it probably needs to be re-aimed & he got all crabby because he thought I owed him a big thank you, yessir, I'll schedule an appointment & get it taken care of right away. WTF?!?  Then they thought they'd turn into pumpkins after 4 hours of being there so we ran in a heavy downpour from about Faribault to Owatonna. Had the side vents open on the Stude and since there was positive pressure inside, it was keeping the water out. Windshield was staying clear too so we could see just fine. It didn't leak much until the other two clowns pulled their cars over and stopped in the Medford McDonalds parking lot. Buddy who was riding with me & I couldn't figure out why they stopped. If we'd waited another hour to come off the fairgrounds we likely would've missed the heavy stuff. At least I got to see my friend from Bemidji so we could put together a tentative plan for a late July Canadian excursion. Should be more fun than babysitting codgers.
« Last Edit: June 06/24/19, 10:02:24 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I just had a chat with LPS ~ 20 minutes ago & he hadn't quite made it to DR yet then. So I'm thinkin it'll be closer to noon when we have Porta - Potty  HH. ;) :laugh: He's gonna give me a holler when he's ready to start back this way. :cool: :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/25/19, 07:47:09 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This bad boy is going up in my yard tonight.

LEE I can send you one!! :rotflmao:  or anyone else.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:
you do know i'm capable of sending one your way dontcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! I'll put it up!!!!  Send one!!!  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like exiting times Dotch,  we seen plenty old timer cars going out 94 yesterday.  Evening peoples,  was on the lake but 6:30 this morning looking for toothy monsters,  caught an accidental 16" eye so he went in the well. Couldn't find any deeper running Bruins so went shallow with top water and the Bass were goin crazy, fun though.  I did manage a 27" norten but fer some reason I let him go  :bonk:. Changed tactics this afternoon,  stayed deeper with spinners , since I couldn't find little suckers I tried fatheads, man did the sheapsheads like tgat treat, caught 6 in no time. Think I'll give the spinners one more try tomorrow then back to big baits afterwards...see ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that sounds like a purty good day to me!!!!!!!!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I cut those nords into 4 or 5" pieces to make it easier to get the bones out.  They are as good tasting as a walleye when the bones aren't there.  OK SO the highlight of my day picking up my new 32' dock that I have been thinking about for years and it is cool as heck was meeting in person Gunner55.  We did meet at the Porta Pot (Information Center) place but when I got there he had already done Reb style surveillance and informed me that the Porta Pot wasn't there anymore. Hey not my fault.  I didn't do anything bad when I last used it.  LOL  SO anyways we had a great talk.  The mosquitoes were feasting on us and we didn't even care.  It was a great time and I am so glad we got to meet.  We are both cool as heck as we are both 72 and 73 graduates so we have lots in common.  Another meeting is in order.  We still want to camp at the Lake Noma campgrounds.  Minumum maintenance deal and may be a good place for a meet and greet.  A resort is just down the road that I think makes burgers and stuff.  Ok we got the dock in and picks will follow tomorrow.   G'night all.  Thanks HD!!!     
« Last Edit: June 06/24/19, 09:11:41 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad ya got to meet the Iowegian, and have some fun Barry! Good thing Glenn was AWOL, or ya mighta got snowed in....
Morning all....clear and 60*, headed for the 80's...why am I up at 5:30?! O well, I'll get an  early start on groceries. Aisles should be clear of the Aisle BovinesĀ®. Pick up the crawlers for fishin' tomorrow, mow the lawn, get 'er all done..... Time for a sausage egg McReb.   :tongue:    Have a good day, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/25/19, 06:56:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 heading for high 70s with a chance of rain here this morning. We got no rain last night, but just west of us did. The yard needs it. Think I am going to have to start watering the grass tonight. Sounds like a good meet and greet LPS and Gunner :happy1:! Not much else happening here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  looks like a nice clear day for us today..  not much of any thing going on today so do a couple errands and a couple little things around the yard and call that good!!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I forgot to mention that Gunner showed me where Glenn's cabin is and we raided his frig and drank all of his beer.  And we found your Mom's stash out back too Glenn so that is gone too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Looking like rain this afternoon for us.  The other day there was no chance of rain for a week and now they changed their minds I guess.  Rained on my down and back yesterday but none here at home.  Here is some pics of the dock.  I love it. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58* early when I went out :fishing: & might make 71*. :scratch: The wind was SW early but it looks like it's tryin to swing W, NW already & we've got a good chance of more rain early this afternoon, they're sayin. We had .5" by ~ 10 yday then we got another .5" in the afternoon, we needed that. :happy1: Well the highlight of my day yday was meeting LPS  :cool: :happybounce: :party1: & finally being able to put a face to a name of someone here besides glenn. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Our timing couldn't of been much better either, LPS, as I didn't get a 1/2 mile down the road & I had my wipers goin almost full bore. The dock looks great, bet your wonderin why you put it off so long now. :scratch: That's all I've got today, have good un. Oh I forgot, your so right about those nords if'n you take the time to get those Y bones out most everybody likes 'em. Most people won't take the time or don't want to know how though. :crazy: :pouty:
« Last Edit: June 06/25/19, 08:11:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
boneless nords are the best!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from darn near Duluth. Just think tomorrow I can say the same thing cept it'll be red wing. :crazy:

And LPS, I know your fibbing about my beer, I don't leave none up there! :happy1: :rotflmao: now my mom's, ishy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from darn near Duluth. Just think tomorrow I can say the same thing cept it'll be red wing. :crazy:

And LPS, I know your fibbing about my beer, I don't leave none up there! :happy1: :rotflmao: now my mom's, ishy.

:happy1: That's 'bout all he brings with him 'cause he don't need no bait & when it's all gone he knows it time to go home ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great looking dock there, LPS.  I don't have a lake place so don't have much dock experience.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Dock looks great LPS!!! And I would have to agree also. Love da nords when I take the bones out.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did ya Christen that boat and dock yet by spilling beer on them!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a brandy whilst I installed it.  BUT I didn't spill a drop.   :happy1: