Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953326 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Cool.....can ya smell the smoke?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool.....can ya smell the smoke?
all day.
Smellslike bbq.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can smell it here, too. Breeze is from the north. 

http://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/
« Last Edit: July 07/06/19, 09:48:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folksters. Partly cloudy and 62* with 90% humidity, dewpoint already 69*. Hazy hume out, headed for 81*. Life in Swampville. No plans today, gotta run to the store for some apple juice to soak a pork roast in. Going on the grill tomorrow with a pan of the apple juice to keep things moist. Might as well pick up a tub of chive COTTAGE CHEESE, too.  ;)
Smoky bacon BBQ cheese burglars tonite. Already thinking about supper...!  :doah:  Have a good one, guys.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/07/19, 06:40:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds good Reb!!  a good day yesterday..  met up with my friends from east of here, have not seen them for awhile..  his poor wife is only 59 and has had Alzheimer's for 10 years now..  it is so sad...  but he sure takes good care of her and never complains!!  he is a good man for sure!!!  got the bike out to for awhile, a good day for a ride...  got a few things to do today so do my best to get them done..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Trying to get going early today.  having friends over today for steaks and corn.  Got to pick up a pound of leeches.  Taking them up to Duluth to my brother.  Go fishing for one day and the next morning going up to where my camper is near deer camp to check on it.  It's on hunting land owned by my brothers friend.  Left it up there a few years ago and could not believe the flies in there.  So I'm bringing up fly traps ect, open some windows, and give it a quick clean up.  Then head back.  Oh ya, bring up some polish sausage.  good luck.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 56* when I started movin, ~ 80* for the high again today. Quite a few boats out :fishing: early today, no smoke as the SE breeze musta pushed it back towards LPS & JB. Last post for this trip to god's country as we'll be hittin the road real early tomorrow. Hopin to be in Austin before noon, not sure yet when we'll head back south of the border. There's another Dr appt on the docket but it's not 'til late Tuesday. So I'll be speakin Iowegian next time ya hear from me. 'Til then have a good 1 :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of these days ya gots to swing into CAWchester for a bit....the #1 city!  :rolleyes:
Heck, if the little blue guy, Dotch, and Mr. & Mrs. Boober can do it, so can you!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One of these days ya gots to swing into CAWchester for a bit....the #1 city!  :rolleyes:
Heck, if the little blue guy, Dotch, and Mr. & Mrs. Boober can do it, so can you!
Bet we can work somethin out..........................someday. :cool: :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Have a nice trip Gunner.  Still smoky here but not as bad as yesterday.  May get thicker this afternoon from the map.  May mow today or tomorrow for sure if I procrastinate it today.  Tried to catch a sturgy yesterday but no luck.  Was real nice out though.  Fun that the wife wanted to go with me. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 70's. Good thing there's a breeze or it would feel a lot warmer. Humidity is 78%. Cooling down a bit after chores before tackling some more odd jobs. Glad I got that hay mowed yesterday. Neighbors should be able to chop it and blow it in their silo before it rains again Tuesday. Their beef cows will love it. At least we can salvage something out of a cutting that never would've been dry enough to bale given our schedules. Now we can concentrate on getting some decent 2nd cutting and hopefully a terd!  :happy1: Speaking of that I gotta get glenn's address from Reb again... :rotflmao: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mid-morning update: After the one of the 4-H kids left here this a.m. I decided to check the electric fence to see if it was charging. Sure enough, it was grounded out so went to unplug the fencer in the small barn. Looked around the corner in the barn to find an old ewe that must've expired a few days ago. Had been watching her recently and she seemed to be getting along fine. Can about imagine how that looked & smelled. Found the ground in the fence 1st then fished her out of there with the silage fork and scoop shovel, plopping her remains in the skidsteer bucket to compost. Lends credence to the proverbial saying "picking up bodies with a stick and a spoon" only I used a fork!  :puke:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gives new meaning to euwwwww!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning all. only thing I need to get done today is cut the lawn and finalize packing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's just what I wanted to read, Dotch, while I was mixing up a new batch of mac ham 'n pea salad... :puke:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm afraid he turned her into sausage. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nuttin' quite like the smell of a few day old dead sheep! I remember one time as a kid going to pick a dead ewe up with the tractor and loader. I held my nose with one hand and grabbed a leg with the other. I pulled it to the bucket and the leg came right off. I grabbed another leg and had better success. I had to go about a third of a mile down the road to get to where I was dumping it. When I caught road gear the wool all started coming off and blowing right in my face! My dad didn't have much sympathy for me, when I told him how it went he said when he was a kid they had to pull all the wool off a dead ewe and save it for $$$.
Still hungry Reb?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And how about those rendering trucks.  There was a rendering company in Worthington.  Stunk bad whenever you drove by on the interstate.  I remember working at farms when I was a kid to make spending money during the summers.  Hot summer days 90 degrees and here comes the rendering truck to pick up a dead cow at this farm I was helping at.  These two guys wearing dirty coveralls open the back door of the truck and it is full of dead animals and stunk to you know what.  They step on the dead animals and get their cable and pull this cow in on top of other dead stinking animals.  Then climb on top of the animals to unhook the cable from the cow.  Another thing I will never forget.  I knew that wasn't going to be a job for me....   I did work at a packing plant when I got older though. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS did you work at Worthington??  the only rendering plants left in Minn. are in Redwood Falls and Long Prairie..  and yes they have have bad odor...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Worthington has turkeys, don't they?  :Turkey:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
WAKE UP!!! :nerd: :nerd: already in the ramp at the airport. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 heading for a high of 85 today. Smokey all day yesterday. The wife and I made it out fishing yesterday for the first time since the ice came off of the lake. We did good too. We trolled cranks in 15-17 FOW. Well, back to the salt mines after a nice 4 day weekend. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mownin all, Yes Reb back in the day when Campbells's soup was there they did chicken and turkeys. then they went to chickens only until they closed back in the early 90's I think...   the pig palace is still there..  and I think that rendering plant is still there too..   well got some things done yesterday including mowing..  today I have just a few things so all is good...  have a good day!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  No I didn't work in Worthington but I grew up in Luverne about 25 miles to the west.  I had friends that worked at Campbells back in the day.  Gonna be a hot one today.  Blue and Rocky are on their way.  My back hurts like heck so I am gonna see if I can get in for a shot today. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. 70*, muggy, and sunny, headed for 84* or so today. Not a lot on the RA (retirement agenda, Barry, remember that phrase) gonna smoke that pigger roast that's melding in the apple juice for the last day. Plenty of other goodies to go with it in the coolerator. Fire up the Red Rocket and mow the back 40. Cemetery run to water the flowers.
Noticed the rear engine cover on the rocket looked crooked yday while checking the oil; one of the 2" bolts was missing, and the other was about ready to fall out. Musta fallen out in the yard somewhere. Luckily, I found a matching one that fit in my jars of screws and such. Was a coarse thread self-tapping hex head one, couldn't be an ordinary one. Put a few drops of medium thread locker on those suckers before they went back in.   
( Boy has that gotten spendy, $6 for a tiny tube!) Hopefully while mowing today the rocket won't hit it and do an HD on my blade or deck... :censored:
Have a good one, guys.

« Last Edit: July 07/08/19, 08:36:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got it!  The RA. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mownin all, Yes Reb back in the day when Campbells's soup was there they did chicken and turkeys. then they went to chickens only until they closed back in the early 90's I think...   the pig palace is still there..  and I think that rendering plant is still there too..   well got some things done yesterday including mowing..  today I have just a few things so all is good...  have a good day!!!

Pig palace? Is that where the drunken fat chicks hung out?  :doah: Oooh, did I really say that?    :rotflmao: Actually, there was a bar here (still is in operation) that we called that, for the same reason. Had good live music, though.....

https://www.experiencerochestermn.com/listing/shars-country-palace-%26-bar/4232/
« Last Edit: July 07/08/19, 08:50:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn is leaving the state so I guess it's safe to go north this week.    :happy1: