Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961574 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I've got a timer that hooks to yer house spigot...used to use it to water the new lawn in early am then shut off. Works great! You should use one on the garden, Glenn. Actually, I'd let ya have this, 'cuz I'm such a nice guy!  :azn:
sprinklers waste to much water. City water bill is spendy.  I save rain water and use that by hand watering some stuff.  I use a hose to hit all the other stuff. Rain is free and gets everything.

Rochester water is 89 cents per unit.  A unit is about 800 gallons.  So for me, saving rainwater to carry to the flowers is about 0.2 cents per bucket.
that rain water is better then that chlorinaded stuff from the faucet for plants.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that.... :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Turf, too.  You can water all day, and it'll green up. One good rain, and it takes off like crazy.
Did you know there is nitrogen in T-storms?  :shocked:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Turf, too.  You can water all day, and it'll green up. One good rain, and it takes off like crazy.
boy I'm sure glad your here. All that stuff we learn. :sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, go polish yer Mason jars!  :mooning:
« Last Edit: July 07/17/19, 04:14:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As much as when glenn's spoutin off? :bs: :scratch: ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd:  :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll haveta see if Delmar can check that out.  :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet he'll have a formula. :scratch: :rolleyes: ;D

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The same ones sure like to piss and moan bout the weather  :crazy:, Speaking of sprinklers I haven't used one since April on the yard, gotta be some sorta record,  not much whining otta me even tho I have well water to the spickets..gotta admit for this time of year the lawn is doing good yet..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea it's too hot. It's to humid. The sun's too bright.  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, but I learned about lightning fixing nitrogen many moons ago.    When it comes to that stuff, I would think Dotch would be your guy.   

However in the interest of you guy's education, I did look this up.   

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/JD094iD08p11089

It appears that each lighning bolt makes maybe an ounce of nitrogen oxides of various types that dissolve in rain and can become nitrates

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Del.  Thanks I understood all of it.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I always think of you when I have spaghetti Del.  My pasta stuck to the wall again so was perfect.  One of the best marvels of Engineering ever.  Good to hear from you by the way!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Del.  Thanks I understood all of it.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I always think of you when I have spaghetti Del.  My pasta stuck to the wall again so was perfect.  One of the best marvels of Engineering ever.  Good to hear from you by the way!

Glad to hear you have the pasta thing down.

I hang around, don't always have much to contribute.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 this morning heading foe 73 last I looked. Boy did we get wet and wild when we got home from work yesterday. Poured all the way home and then started pouring even harder after we got home. Power was out for almost 2 hours. Came back on just before 7. We had rivers running along each side of our property. It was like whitewater rapids running down the ramp to the lake. Our weather station said 3.18" of rain after it was all down raining. Ground must be getting more saturated because we still have standing water in the yard. Not soaking in as fast as last week. Well, another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  a good loud rumble of weather rolled threw here about an hour and half ago.  got some rain not sure how much..  got a dentist appointment today,,  other than that not much going on here..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, It's the same now, 68* with 97%,  as when I went out :fishing: Mid-80's here today, I hear. We had 1.1" in the gauge by the time it finished up yday, shortly before 1. Radar lookin like we're 'bout to get some more. Not much breeze dis mornin so the only thing bitin good was the skeets. Got a couple things on my list but ain't doin 'em in the rain. Have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What?? Ya can't nap when it's raining! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Morning, back to arguing again today. I love my job! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, but I learned about lightning fixing nitrogen many moons ago.    When it comes to that stuff, I would think Dotch would be your guy.   

However in the interest of you guy's education, I did look this up.   

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/JD094iD08p11089

It appears that each lighning bolt makes maybe an ounce of nitrogen oxides of various types that dissolve in rain and can become nitrates
:happy1: :scratch: Dat's still A LOT MORE fertilizer than glenn's garden should ever need ;), 'specially with him spendin so much time in it pullin them :mad1: weeds.   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:  :taz: :taz: :nerd: :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We only got 1/2" JB.  It is amazing how different our weather can be from you on the lake and us here on the river.  SO Delmar.  I was in the grocery store the other day and I saw the Chorizo things on sale in the getting old bin.  I looked at them and yes these said Salivary Glands and the only other thing was spices.  YUCK!!  When you posted that I thought there was other meats in it too.  Nope just salivary glands.  !!!!  I am going to hook up the camper today and get it ready for Carla's Family Reunion on Sat.  We will camp at Menagha and drive over to Vergas for the get together.  Menagha is a nice little campgrounds and an hour closer to home than the party.  Gonna be a fun time.  We will also stop at the grocery store in Park Rapids.  One of my favorite stores.  Lot's of meats and sausages that they make.  And I want some more Kimchi.   :happy1: Hugo's is the name of the store.  Plenty of room for campers in the parking lot too.  I also bought a big Porterhouse that we are going to grill either tonight or mayhaps tomorrow at camp.  We shall see. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Vergas, that's up the road a ways from me..   have fun!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:  :taz: :taz: :nerd: :nerd:
Reb WANTED me to do it!! :sleazy: :evil: :super smiley: :super smiley: ;D ;D

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Barry. That is the nice thing about having a camper. I think it beats the heck out of staying in a hotel.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Hey now!   :tut:  I'm busy building an AC shade device right now!!! 🛠

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I figured as such. Damn troublemaking instigator. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No rain here. My wife and I spent an hour or so in the flower gardens.  We try to get in a couple hours each morning before the sun and heat drive us in doors.  Checked the tomatoes and other vegies and things look pretty good.  No sign of crows attacking the fruit. I will probably put out a camera to make sure the sneaky bastards stay don't go after them. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We only got 1/2" JB.  It is amazing how different our weather can be from you on the lake and us here on the river.  SO Delmar.  I was in the grocery store the other day and I saw the Chorizo things on sale in the getting old bin.  I looked at them and yes these said Salivary Glands and the only other thing was spices.  YUCK!!  When you posted that I thought there was other meats in it too.  Nope just salivary glands.  !!!!  I am going to hook up the camper today and get it ready for Carla's Family Reunion on Sat.  We will camp at Menagha and drive over to Vergas for the get together.  Menagha is a nice little campgrounds and an hour closer to home than the party.  Gonna be a fun time.  We will also stop at the grocery store in Park Rapids.  One of my favorite stores.  Lot's of meats and sausages that they make.  And I want some more Kimchi.   :happy1: Hugo's is the name of the store.  Plenty of room for campers in the parking lot
too.  I also bought a big Porterhouse that we are going to grill either tonight or mayhaps
tomorrow at camp.  We shall see.
LPS,
While you’re at Hugo’s, pick up a pack of their Minnesota brats. Very good, and I think they are still on sale for $3.50lb. I love the deli also. Have a good trip.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Barry. That is the nice thing about having a camper. I think it beats the heck out of staying in a hotel.

We like the fact we can bring the dogs along too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't see paying $150 to sleep in a bed that hundreds have slept in, with a bedspread that's rarely washed....and who knows what's on it... :puke:   
So said a show about that on 20/20.
« Last Edit: July 07/18/19, 01:10:28 PM by Rebel SS »