Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901225 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
TWC's site says it's 75% here now, Reb, & gonna drop to~ 50% or < by noon.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
76%  here..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Sunny & 55 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Dat's a deep well Barry. And if ya move south I've heard Reb has no trouble finding water there! And glenn wonders why his A1C is so high after eating all those cinnabons! I bet they even make 'em with blue frosting just for him!  :sleazy: Cut yesterday a.m. the hay is curing and smelled heavenly yesterday already by about 4:30.  Let 'er lay until the dew starts to come on after chores tonite and bale it tomorrow. :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/19, 04:05:31 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We were until Tuesday evening. Then the cool front came in.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Well we were going to go to fish up by Duluth today but we were watching the weather and this early morning my brother said they will get winds 20 mph.  So we decided to stay.  My wife and I are taking our grandson and his girlfriend visiting from Texas fishing on a launch on Mill Lacs Monday.  The 1 to 5 shift.  I took them up to Island Lake last time she came and fished off shore there {Duluth area}.  Caught lot's of smallmouth and the grandson got a 20 incher.  Wanted to cut more brush today since I'm here but man are there a lot of bees back there today.  Don't want to run into a nest.  Got stung already a couple of times just standing on my deck back there.  These aint honey bees.  Those damn underground devils.  Going to look for nests to blast them.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Flamethrowers come in handy for that, RH. *PHOOOOOSH*     :evil:

Well, got my grocery shopping/running to stores done. I can now give a good input on Aldi.....it's OK.  Was in produce/salad cooler, they don't carry coleslaw mix....! :confused:
Also very little variety of pasta...no colored rotini for Boober's pepperoni salad...dang it!
No small jars of 'sketti sauce...well, WTH?! Did buy some pigger chops and chicken, very good chicky/pigger selection. (No pigger steaks, though) the beef variety is fair; not great. Like others said, I guess it has it's place....but not for buying staples like canned and dried stuff. At least, not for me. Did pick up one of those loaded five meat pizza's Mikey was saying is so good for $4.99, and some block cheeses, which are really cheap at $1.99 a block. So, I guess I'll still be hitting three different stores on grocery day.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/19, 11:39:59 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's how we usually roll to, Reb. Start at Walmart & work our way back to Aldi's. Then there's some reason to stop at 1 of the Super One Stores(2 in GR & 1 in DR) too. We like their bread but they usually have a cooler with some meat that's on sale because it's getting close to it's date as well.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why I put a big soft sided cooler (originally held incoming transplant parts at Mayo...) with some big Rubbermaid coolie packs left over from my Minnow Magic days in the truck. Put the meat/cold stuff in there, head over to store #2........then #3...and it stays cold. Winter in goes in the truck bed.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I carry a cooler or 2 too..  each store has it's perks...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I carry a cooler or 2 too..  each store has it's perks...

:happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
And you guys really save that much money running to 3 different stores?? :crazy: :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
R'tired folk have time for that sort of thing.  :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only 2 for me.... :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
I got a chuckle out of your comment about moving south... to central MN.  Most people think Arizona, Florida or Texas as moving "south".  Can't say I ever heard someone referring to central MN as moving "south".   Give me a warning when you make the move so I can warn all the deer.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL Ya I don't think we would go south  of Park Rapids.  Not soon though.  Leech drew me a map of your refuge and where the stands are at.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  We have 3 of those tin foil bag coolers we bought at a grocery store a few years ago.  Keep them in the trunk.  They work surprisingly well.  It gets our cold or frozen stuff from the Falls and that is 70 miles or so.  So I just got back from there.  Got the cool OEM trailer brake control right on the dash.   :sleazy:  I had the guy check to see if the one spade on the trailer hookup was actually hooked up for 12 volt.  Lots of time a person thinks they are hooked up and they aren't or don't have the fuse link under the hood to make it work.  That goes to your battery on the camper so you get a trickle charge whilst cruising.  May not be too powerful running wire that far but better than nothing.  I do have a trailer/tow button on the dash too.  He had to program the brake thing to work and also had to program the trailer and flat boat plugs to work also.  AND the trailer/tow switch had never been programmed in neither so he did that too.   This was a Chrysler lease truck before I got it.  Obviously never towed anything.  Used it like a car.  That's cool!  He said if I had hooked up the trailer the tow thing wouldn't have done a thing and the trailer lights wouldn't even work even though it is wired right to the back.  Go figure?????????  Pretty darn happy with it.  Can't wait to tow the trailer, I told the wife I may just hook it up on Sat and tow it around.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  May as well go camping.  I still want to go to the Noma Lake spot.  No electric but has a vault toilet and dumpster and a faucet.  Man I need a cocktail after all of this babbling.  LOL

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a matter of money but of selection and quality.   Although not sure how Aldi fits in that...

Walmart has good prices and selection but don't trust their meat.  Haven't been to Aldi since I told the cashier that the milk or something was expired and she just was like OK, whatever.   

So in Virginia it is walmart and super one.  In Rochester it is walmart and costco and sometimes sly vee.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was Walmart and Fareway in CAWchester.....now to find a place foe the meat since Fareway is gone. Aldi might work...but Fareway in Stewartville is only 12 miles away....probably not a concern for a loaded union guy, (Del said to say that)  but us retired folk on a pension....makes a big difference.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Does Rochester have any old fashioned butcher shops? It might be more expensive but I still believe in the old adage "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Does Rochester have any old fashioned butcher shops? It might be more expensive but I still believe in the old adage "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten".

very true!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the meat dept. here in the Baudette grocery store.   This is a pretty good store for a small town.  We do like to go to the Falls for more selection.  Just fun to go to different stores.  We like the Warroad store too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup...."Ye Olde Butcher shoppe".  That's where I got my butcher experience for a year.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk.  52*, clear and still humed up. 91% humidity. Gonna lay real low today, entire afternoon was taken up with a big wing-ding with Mom. They want to move her to another area, she doesn't wanna go, etc, etc. What was gonna be an hour or so quick visit at 1:00 ended at 5:00...... :doah: It's always something out there. Just gonna relax, putter, and whip up some tacos and burro toes for dinner. Have a good day, all.
« Last Edit: August 08/09/19, 06:56:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 heading for mid 70s today. Gee all this talk of food is making me hungry already. The wife and I are heading to Effie after work today. My B-I-L wants me to do some brush hogging for him so we left the camper down there so I can pull the skid steer down there this weekend. We will pick up the camper in a couple of weeks when we take a family vacation. Heading to Soudan state park then. So how is the well doing Barry? It is a deep subject  ;) :rotflmao:. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 here going for 78...  got 63 in the house..  feels good this morning..  got a few things to do today, nothing much..  got my tooth ground down for a crown yesterday, so much fun...  tomorrow I have to go to New Hope Minn. for a funeral, my late wife's step dad passed away about 3 weeks ago..  he was 89..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn's favorite license system is finally getting replaced. It only cost us 180 million $.... :doah:

https://kttc.com/news/minnesota-news/2019/08/08/minnesota-signs-33-9m-deal-to-replace-balky-mnlars-system/

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I need to come up to one of your guys places, and help ya putter with wells, mowing, cutting hay, driving tractor, grilling, etc. It would be a nice vacation for me, which after the last year and a half, I REALLY need... and who knows what foolishnes we could get into...we may even get more work done! :rolleyes:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 08/09/19, 07:29:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Got done with negotiations Kate last nite but got a tentative agreement FINALLY. :pouty: now if it passes. :confused: :doofus: :scratch: :scratch:

Back to Ramsey after I finish up a few things. No big plans for the weekend.

Have fun JB. WE could use some skid loader work on the cabin road to.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You get the loader, I'll drive it around!  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is Kate and what were you negotiating with her?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 55* when I started movin & looks like we'll end up in the upper 70's. Went for a boat ride early & seen a few crappies caught, none for me though. :pouty: Got just 'bout all my stuff on the list done already ;), so I think  :scratch: I'll just goof around again today. :rolleyes: :laugh: Have a good un! :happy1: