Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901317 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well our 80% chance of rain didn't even get the deck wet last night.  It is dry here.  We are at High danger in the fire program here.  Got some more firewood cut yesterday.  Just enjoying picking away at it.  Gonna do some extra meaty baby backs today.  Cloudy and still here.  58 going to 72 so perfect weather. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers cloudy froggy this morning. we had about 1/4 inch of rain. but the lawn and garden sure liked it. once it dries up gotta cut lawn. also start putting stuff in truck to head north next weekend.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
.25 that's it Glenn,  you know where were at and we got 1.7 yesterday.  Mornin people's,  yep froggy here too, the pooches and I did some trolling this morning and got nuttin,  yesterday the boy got an 18.5 " eye dragging raps at 4 mph, kinda nice going fast cuz the sheepshead leave em alone. Well gotta bathe up a couple hounds, clean up , pack up and head out in a bit... See ya!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 and foggy at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 70's. .05" to go with the .20" from yesterday. Looks like a day to throttle back after a bit. Hauling one lamb in to the locker tomorrow and then sending a load out on Tuesday. Will make chores a lot easier while I'm on the road. Need to make a FF run sometime as I see the mineral block is about gone in the pasture. Other than that a strategic plan to take a nap should be formulated. Enjoy the day!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* & rainin here. Goin for mid 70"s today & our forecast is sayin upper 60's for the next couple here. Went out for my boat ride. We've got company as Sis, BIL, & niece came up yday early. The other niece & her family comin up later in the week as well. Tuesday, I think. :scratch: So it was a busy day here yday as their boat hadn't been run this year & went in, some tubin done too. Most of the afternoon was spent in the lake.  Hope your Sunday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: August 08/12/19, 08:17:23 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning cats. 67*, cloudy and still. Headed for 80*. Our big rain/storm amounted to about 3 sprinkles. Didn't even get the sidewalk wet. Morjits are right on their game. OK by me. No plans for today, just hang loose. Have a good 'un, guys.  :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
.25 that's it Glenn,  you know where were at and we got 1.7 yesterday.  Mornin people's,  yep froggy here too, the pooches and I did some trolling this morning and got nuttin,  yesterday the boy got an 18.5 " eye dragging raps at 4 mph, kinda nice going fast cuz the sheepshead leave em alone. Well gotta bathe up a couple hounds, clean up , pack up and head out in a bit... See ya!
I kept an eye on the radar pretty steady yesterday trying to decide if I wanted to start a campfire as that is what one of the grankids wanted to have for her birthday. it stayed south for the most part, the heavier stuff. we'd have a bit of rain but most was really light scattered sprinkles.

of course gramps pulled off the fire and the kids got to roast venison weenies!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: they still serve a good workable purpose. No sense in throwing something out that still works for me. :mooning: :mooning:
Tight wad!! ;) :smiley: Then you give us  :bs: about our grocery shoppin habits. :taz: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :thumbs:   :nerd: :nerd: Really comin down here now.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kept an eye on the radar pretty steady yesterday trying to decide if I wanted to start a campfire as that is what one of the grankids wanted to have for her birthday. it stayed south for the most part, the heavier stuff. we'd have a bit of rain but most was really light scattered sprinkles.

of course gramps pulled off the fire and the kids got to roast venison weenies!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Sounds like fun! What store had the weenies on sale?  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Sounds like fun! What store had the weenies on sale?  ;)
:mooning: :mooning: glenn's freezer!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Waiting for parade of sail in Duluth

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Another picture
I

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm watching right now....  :happy1:  I believe that American flag should be flying above the others on that frigate that just "sailed it", should it not?  (Pennants excluded) Even if it's not on the same halyard? Anyone know? Mikey?

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/pier-b-cam.html

Oop, bridge now down...haveta watch on this one...

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/canal-park-cams.html
« Last Edit: August 08/11/19, 09:32:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not real sure either, I was watching some sail boats go out earlier but I did not know at the time it setting this up!!  pretty cool!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Black smoke.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool!!!! The US Brig Niagra fired it's cannons leaving!!!!!  :shocked: :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/11/19, 11:11:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The end

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool.  There are still a lot of boats in the harbor.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, fun. And duck was in parking lot.

Probably off to canal park brewing for dinner

Yesterday was lake ave grill for lunch.  I had the smoked lamb pita wrap.  And a bloody Mary.  Wife had the shrimp flatbread and pomegranate Bellini.

I ran as slow as I could but she didn't catch me.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe she had her eye on the duck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all. Looks Like I'm the first one up today...I have no idea why. 67*, with 95% hume, and dead still. Funkiest looking morning sky I've ever seen...pink and fawgy, and no, the color isn't off on the cam. Pink fog?! The sky must have pink glasses on. Pink sky in morning; SE Minnysoda take warning....Rain and T-storms for today, so my outside plans are now a wash. Looks like a puttering type day. I think there's some eggs, bacon, and toast with clover honey awaiting me...Hope ya'll have a good day.

*click on pic*

« Last Edit: August 08/12/19, 06:57:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Cool looking pic Rebs. Looks like we got a 1/2" of rain over the weekend while we were gone. I guess it went north of ya Barry. Made it home about 6:30 last night. It was a nice weekend. I got a bunch brush hogging done for the BIL. He has some shooting freeways now. Possible rain today and tomorrow. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here going for 74.. saying rain tonight too here..  we will see..  we got .3 over the weekend.  I got all my mowing done yesterday so I'm good to go there..  mostly little things to do today..  have a good day!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be a nice day today.  Not too warm. But not cool yet neither.  I loaded the ol Ford up with junk to get rid of.  So that means me and Buddy will take a trip to the landfill.  Always a good time.  Do some BSing with the boys out there for awhile.  Just had a green smoothing with lettuce, 1/2 frozen banana, small apple from out of our tree, almond milk and a big dollop of yogurt.  A few seconds in the Ninja and it is good to go.  Could really taste the apple.  May do half an apple tomorrow.  Will add cukes when we get more of them. 
« Last Edit: August 08/12/19, 07:34:52 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 56* when I went out  :fishing: & don't look like we'll make 70* today. Had a lot of action :fish2: today but they were all glenn-sized  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: so they went back, It looks like the rest of the bunch is headed to town early today. I may do a little mowin as they're sayin there's some rain comin our way too. Not much else on my list, have a good 1 :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. They must have the teenage girl crew back doing the forecasts again at the NWS. Looking at  the forecast for today on Saturday they said 80% chance of rain with 1"-2". Then yesterday a.m. they changed their minds & backed it down to  1/2" - 3/4". Late yesterday afternoon they moved it to a 40% chance. Now they're back up to 50% - 60% chance of a quarter to a half inch. Helped the neighbors haul about 50 bales of ditch hay yesterday because we thought they'd be floating otherwise. Hauling a lamb in to the locker this a.m. Still out in the trailer at the office. Gotta wait until they want me to haul it in. If you load sheep into the pens 1st and the cattle see or hear it, they won't come out of the trailer. There are alpacas coming in there today too so that oughta be interesting.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
There are alpacas coming in there today too so that oughta be interesting.

never seen them at the butcher shops..  should be good eating meat I'd think...