Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960771 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 48* when I went out :fishing:, upper 60's for the high. Not sure we made 60* here yday, man that wind was howlin again though. :crazy: Grocery day here too but brother has a dentist appt today too & that's not 'til 3 so we're makin our trip a bit later today. Did get a couple  :fish2: today but I was in a C-N-R mood today so they're still swimmin. That's 'bout all I've got for today, have a good mike,mike, mike day. ;) :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's right! It's Mikey Mikey Mikey day!  🐪    :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  What a difference in our weather being so close JB.  Must be the lake effect.  We have 38 here right now.  Going for 70 they say.  Well our lettuce program just ran out.  When we got back from the weekend I see the lettuce looks like small Christmas trees.  LOL  They are huge.  We planted a 3' x 7' garden box full of it.  At first we were keeping up with it.  Then it took off and we couldn't eat all of it.  May do half that much next year.  It was great to have.  Gotta get more firewood cut today.  Still don't have enough.  I feel I am running out of time but it is only Sept so should have lots of time.  LOL   I have to run to town too.  Gotta talk to a mechanic to get the vacuum lines replaced on the front of my 98 Ram plow truck that put it in 4wd.  Was going to do it myself but I am busy enough that I may have him do it.  Have a good day all of you.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :smiley: Was reminded yday after seein the comercial, surprised I remembered. :doofus:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :smiley: Was reminded yday after seein the comercial, surprised I remembered. :doofus:

Didja see they have a new Mikey cereal eater?  :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oCtu/life-mikey-likes-it

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a cute one this time!~!!~!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a hi near 70. Absolutely glorious sleeping weather. Open the winders and let 'er beller little feller! Looks like rain heading in on Saturday. Going to mess up my plans for International Drive Your Studebaker Day. Was actually going to let Mrs. Cheviot fold the front seat flat and have her way with me for a few minutes--just this once tho.  :angel: Yes, it's a thing so if yer wondering why you see a lot of old guys on Saturday driving Studebakers around then parking with their voluptuous squeezes you'll know why.  :confused:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/driveyourstude.asp

Oh yeah, it's Mikey's Day, ain't it? Liked the original better but this'll do.  :cool:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well, I'm up, and no one else is! So, Happy Labor Day!  :USA: Solid clouds and 67*. Guess Summer's officially over....where the hey did it go? I feel like I didn't even have one, with all the crap that happened.... :angry: Yday was fun, nosing around Red Wing and going thru the pottery for the last time ever. Place was jam-packed. Did pick up a miniature Rainbow Umbrella Stand, last ones ever fired on a limited edition. Amazed me most folk don't know they're numbered on the bottom....the lower the better. I managed to get # 53...out of three hundred that were final fired. Did find out my 8 gal crock is worth $175!  Lunch at Liberty's, then a drive along Lake City and stopped and bought some cawn for today. Todays menu: BBQ slathered rack 'o ribs over charcoal with hickory chips, coleslaw, garlic toast, cawn on da cob, mac 'n ham salad, 'cuke's in sauce, BBQ beans, green tops, radishes, iced tea, lemonade, ice cream. Buddy who's on call is gonna swing over when he can, and the NG (neighbor girl, who just bought a pellet smoker...!!   :happy1: )
Have a good end to Summer all......if it doesn't rain.  :rolleyes:
if you hit liberty's again, try there seasoned sausage sammich and fries...………...to die for!!!!!!! :wowza: :wowza:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, the waitress said there's this little old guy that always orders that and leaves a stingy tip..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I liked the strawberry-rhubarb pie best... :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/04/19, 06:12:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, the waitress said there's this little old guy that always orders that and leaves a stingy tip..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I liked the strawberry-rhubarb pie best... :tongue:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Man  that pie looks awesome!!! :hubba: Morning boys. 56 her this morning heading for a high in the mid 60s. Going to run picnic baskets after work today. I was going to hunt but now they are predicting a NE wind. That would have my scent blowing right at the crib. So I will just feed them today and hope for a better wind down the road. Today is Friday for me and da wife. Her Brother and S-I -L are coming up and we are going to go camping down in Beltrami for the weekend and do some some 4 wheeling. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 56* & rainin, looks like mid to upper 60's for the high. Had another power glitch/ cable blackout 'bout 5:30. It came right back on though. :cool: Didn't make it back from GR until around 4:30 yday. Got a couple little things on the list, have to see if the weather lets me do 'em. Have a good day. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here going for 80 they say..  a big difference for sure..  no rain either in the forecast..  got a few things done around the yard yesterday and picked a bunch of apples..  the tree is looking bare now..  did not have the apples this year as in the past..  heck some folks never had any apples..  well have a good day!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. On my way to Duluth. At a rest stop north of sandstone. Raining pretty good.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ok now I can comment....   I had to log in.  Couldn't figure out why I couldn't reply for a minute.  Yesterday I talked to a guy that lives by the lake but still on the river.  When he came into town he saw a small patch of frost in the ditch in a low spot.  We had 38 when I looked at 7 yesterday.  Don't need that yet.  Gonna be cool day today with a high in the 60's.  We are heading to Washkish camping for the weekend.  Of course we will be back for the Vikes game on Sunday.  Gonna get some things done around here today.  Maybe even split some wood.  We shall see. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man  that pie looks awesome!!! :hubba: Morning boys. 56 her this morning heading for a high in the mid 60s. Going to run picnic baskets after work today. I was going to hunt but now they are predicting a NE wind. That would have my scent blowing right at the crib. So I will just feed them today and hope for a better wind down the road. Today is Friday for me and da wife. Her Brother and S-I -L are coming up and we are going to go camping down in Beltrami for the weekend and do some some 4 wheeling. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Could ya spray yerself with some of this "warm apple pie" fragrance?  :confused:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously, good luck!  :smiley: :smiley:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/05/19, 09:10:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. Got one ewe that's decided she doesn't want to stay on her side of the fence. Was out last nite when I got home and was right back at it this a.m. Her stay on the planet will be short lived if'n she keeps that up. I'm going to keep a low profile today. Got into some crap in the corn fields yesterday that made me sneeze like mad. Didn't sleep well & not feeling great. Head is full of gunk and my throat is scratchy. Plenty of mold spores & dust in cornfields right now since it really hasn't rained recently to wash things off. Getting older seems to make me more sensitive to all that stuff. Time to hire some hot babe to do yield checks! Lots of things she could do...  :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you've become allergic to juniper berries....keep yer snoot outta that berry bottle.  :sleazy:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gang, I took the day off and I have the car packed for my annual trip to Life of Riley Resort on lake vermilion tomorrow. This will be my 21st year of going up this week for the resort tournament. I’ll be on the road by 2:00am and god willing I will be in superior, wi eating at Gronks Grill and Bar by 5:30pm, 938 miles.
Morning. On my way to Duluth. At a rest stop north of sandstone. Raining pretty good.
If your still up there tomorrow head across the bridge and stop by, I’ll be staying at the bridgeview best western in superior right at the bridge. Y’all have a good day and talk to y’all soon.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
938 miles in one day???   That is at least a 2 day trip for me.  You are a good man Coffee..

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
938 miles in one day???   That is at least a 2 day trip for me.  You are a good man Coffee..
On the way home I do it all straight through 1,085 miles. Leave by 3am and get home around 10pm with only 3 maybe 4 stops for gas. This is the first trip with the new impala with the 6 cylinder instead of the 4 cylinder turbo so I’m expecting 1 or 2 extra stops for gas. 
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Could ya spray yerself with some of this "warm apple pie" fragrance?  :confused:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yah, sure. Thanks Reb. I would probably get licked to death by the bear.
Seriously, good luck!  :smiley: :smiley:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just had to, JB. Say, Maybe I could market it as such....hmmm... :scratch:    :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gang, I took the day off and I have the car packed for my annual trip to Life of Riley Resort on lake vermilion tomorrow. This will be my 21st year of going up this week for the resort tournament. I’ll be on the road by 2:00am and god willing I will be in superior, wi eating at Gronks Grill and Bar by 5:30pm, 938 miles.

Safe Travels! :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Fix the lighter..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. It's 'bout 420 for us up here when we go around Boober's side of the metro & through Moose Lake, it's close to 6 hours to GR & that's enough for me in 1 day. Of course we have to stop for a few groceries & to eat before coming out here & that usually makes it 8+ hours.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. It's 'bout 420 for us up here when we go around Boober's side of the metro & through Moose Lake, it's close to 6 hours to GR & that's enough for me in 1 day. Of course we have to stop for a few groceries & to eat before coming out here & that usually makes it 8+ hours.
:coffee: :scratch: what's the hurry? :scratch: other then to get to Inger. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 going for 76..  should be a good day!!!  got my new snow blower and yard tractor purchased yesterday, ouch..  but it will sure be nice to have the blower ans a cab on it too..  maybe some mowing today, we will see..  have a good day all!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Nice Mike, I am looking forward to the pictures of your new tractor combo.  We had sprinkles and mist all day yesterday.  I burned a big brush pile so that worked out great.  Just got done with coffee and getting close to breakfast time for me.  Thinking ham and eggs.   :sleazy:  Getting ready for the weekend.  LOL  Have a good one all of you.