Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953846 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB your clock is about 4 minutes faster than mine.  It is 9:38 here right NOW!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Junco in the backyard...now a string of geese just went overhead, *HONK*   
Yup; here it comes. O  joy.  :party1: And the sump pumps back to pukin' every 15 mns......

Oh, and Barry...just had a big bowl of CHEERIOS.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 09:46:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Little sore today. Standing on that cement floor all day took a toll on the back. Was planning on going fishing but with a 29-25 mph west wind that ain't happening. Guess I'll just get the boat ready for you winter. :doofus: :pouty:. So sad.
You didn't have much chance to use it this year, did you? :scratch: :doah: :sad: More & more stuff comin out of water here too. 1 neighbor just west of the resort is pullin his today. There's been at least 5-6 boats out in the bay everyday since Thursday though, even in that mid-40's wet /windy carp. Got out for a bit Friday & seen mid-50's for surface temps, no action :fish2: at all though.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me and my fishing buddy are putting his away today. We got out 3 times.... :angry2:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been back on the Honey Nuts lately Rebs.  Today we are having BLT's for breakfast. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Whoa...that's what I meant. Little slow this am. That danged head cold.... :doofus:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother was out yesterday up by Duluth.  He said he froze his arse off.  They did catch some nice walleyes though along with some jumbo perch.  I'm putting my boat to bed as well.  Next 4 days look dry so the cover comes off and hopefully get a good dry out.  They are talking some snow by Thursday am here around the metro.  Just some wet stuff that sticks to the grass [I hope]. 

I don't know about you guys, but this year i had more acorns on my driveway that at any time I can remember.  I have a lot of oak trees but generaly have acorns drop but not every square inch of my driveway.  Every place I stepped in was solid nuts.  I took the blower out and in the woods they went.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 60's & breezy with lotsa sun. .79" additional rainfall after dumping the gauge yesterday a.m. Brings our total since Tuesday to 4.05" at the ranch. Went to check the hay fields I'd like to mow & have resigned myself to the fact it's just too wet today. It would be touch & go in several spots not to mention the ruts I'd leave on both fields. Fox, BTN, & FS1 are back on Dish as of this a.m. Not sure about FSN. Just saw juncos here a few minutes ago Reb. Yep, sad to say winter is just around the corner... :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Little sore today. Standing on that cement floor all day took a toll on the back. Was planning on going fishing but with a 29-25 mph west wind that ain't happening. Guess I'll just get the boat ready for you winter. :doofus: :pouty:. So sad.
You didn't have much chance to use it this year, did you? :scratch: :doah: :sad: More & more stuff comin out of water here too. 1 neighbor just west of the resort is pullin his today. There's been at least 5-6 boats out in the bay everyday since Thursday though, even in that mid-40's wet /windy carp. Got out for a bit Friday & seen mid-50's for surface temps, no action :fish2: at all though.
Nope, the boat was in 1 lake all summer. Labor day weekend on Maple lake over by big turtle. Going in the river here today to run stable etcx thru and fog. This was the most insane summer I've had that I could remember. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured that would happen with Dish after we switched.  We are happy with cable so all is good.  And we have Junco's here too today. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is it a Junco invasion?!  :shocked: Well, I just pulled the other hoses in, shut the breakers to the AC unit off outside, covered the top half of unit, pulling stuff off the deck now..... ain't waitin' until it's snowin' and blowin'. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 11:11:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fueled the tractor up so it's ready for whatever. It'll probably wind up being to hook the snowblower up.  :angry: Took the jelly feeder and the oriole nectar feeder down. Put another suet feeder out then plopped a suet cake in the one that was empty since May. Hearing some red-bellied woodpeckers chattering so figured it was a good time to make the switch.  :smiley:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We dumped the pots of geraniums.   They were looking bad after getting beaten up by all  that rain, and really not much time for them to recover.   

Washed the black stuff off the back of the back of the house on Saturday.  That was sort of a chilly job.

Then I  filled the two suet cake feeders and hung the sunflower feeders higher to hopefully foil bambi... :angry2:

And set the live trap in case that racoon is still around.   Lady from next block over was walking her little dogs and said she had a coon on her deck last night so that motivated me to do that.   

Came in to the vikes leading at the half... :wowza: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Go over to her house and put a coon stuffie in her tree.  :rotflmao:
Cleared the deck after halftime...everything's tucked away for the winter. Except the grills, of course. And the Whelan fire pit. That I never use. No place to sit and watch a crackling fire now.  :rolleyes:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No jumping the gun on patio furniture here, usually around Thanksgiving for me. Speaking of Thanksgiving,  Our subwoofer in the cave  keeps blowing fuses so was up to b.b. looking to get new one and the sales guy says hold off til  that week and they'll be half off... thanks pal!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought Remi was yer subwoofer... :rotflmao:  And down here Boob, nothing is "usual", it seems....  besides, me doing that guarantees ya another 6 weeks of Summer.  :smiley:

« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 03:14:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here this morning, heading for near 60 today. Going to let the wood boiler shut down for a few days. I also noticed some juncos yesterday. We ended up with another 1/2" of rain yesterday.  Insurance adjuster is coming to look at the car this morning. I would think we should know by the end of the week what will happen with the car. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 here going for 64 they say..  got a few projects to do to day and then just go with it!!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 41* now & goin for 60* they're sayin. We had 3-4 rounds of some showers roll through yday PM too, but I don't think  :scratch: there's much in the gauge today. Still need to mow 1 more time but with what they're predictin for wind I think I'll wait 'til tomorrow. Might go for a boat ride instead. Hopin your Monday's a good 1. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I'll have to mow one more time too...  but at least I will be able to get the 2nd coat of paint on the shed doors...  do those tomorrow I hope..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
One more time? Leaves have just barely started fallin' here...I'll be mowing them up into mid November, for sure... :angry:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we all know it will more than once, I see Rip Taylor passed away..  he was funny!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One more time? Leaves have just barely started fallin' here...I'll be mowing them up into mid November, for sure... :angry:
With this last rain, a good hard frost, & some wind we'll have most of the rest of ours come down IMO.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, can ya slide by mid-November?  Bring a big blower. ;)  (Not Glenn)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime & sunny, heading for a hi in the low 60's. Still a lot of water standing around after the Friday nite - Saturday rain. Punting on haying for the week, again. Just won't be enough time to get it dry before it decides to dump on us again. A lot of time for winter survival, it's best to cut after a killing frost anyway. At least I got the lawn mowed before the monsoon hit. One more time to grind up leaves and that should do it. They're taking their time yet, color-wise and otherwise. give 'em another couple weeks tho... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........been a tough weekend with the chocolate lab. last night i literally had to carry her up the steps. going to have a conversation and a visit with the vet. BUT, i'm afraid the end is near!!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and it really suxs!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, it sure does. Good luck, Glenn.... :undecided:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that glenn. Wish you well. A friend had his Lab put down last week. Never easy. Do you still have the Sheltie?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that Glenn, it does suck.... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that glenn. Wish you well. A friend had his Lab put down last week. Never easy. Do you still have the Sheltie?
yes. she is getting up there in age also. she doesnt have many teeth left. a common trait with older shelties.

i can she in the shelties behavior she knows something isnt right. those 2 have been together forever. the sheltie doesnt know life without the lab. :doah: :pouty: