Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952717 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Bemidji radio station, revise the fcast from wintery mix to snow for late tomorrow. A lot of shoppers as everybody wantin to beat the weather.
[/quote]

:censored:
« Last Edit: October 10/10/19, 04:53:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Saturday will be cold enough for it to turn to some snow here.  Below freezing at night too.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Bemidji radio station, revise the fcast from wintery mix to snow for late tomorrow. A lot of strippers as everybody wantin to beat the weather.

:censored:
[/quote]

Strippers??????????????????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, Glenn, knock it off!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope for you guys...not here. Power's been off AGAIN (third time this Fall) since 12:30 am, just came on a bit ago.  :angry2:  38* and the wind is a howlin' out there. Great time for no power or heat. Went around re-setting all the clocks, and went downstairs to reset timer on soft water system and check freezer and sump pump. Of course power went off on softener in mid-cycle, so it stuck and flushed for over 4 1/2 hours.... was still flushing water when I went down. :banghead:  Power is continually going out on this end of town.  I'm gonna send THEM a fgggin' bill this time. If they was gonna give Minnysoda an enema, this is where they'd stick it in.
Rest of ya have a good day and keep warm.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 06:20:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
   reb there is kinda of a brite to that. At least the countryside isn't on fire around you with no power. Keep positive, it will get better. 32 this am when I left home and some of that white stuff on the windshield.  :bs:  Too early for it. Have a great weekend everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Californy isn't the place to be right now. That's unreal, shutting off power so no fires start.....!!!   :doah:
But, there's no reason here why it keeps going out for 4-5 hours at a time....!! It was just 2 weeks ago it was out for 5 hours at nite (That WAS due to the big storm with trees down) ....and a couple times this Summer. And the excuses....one was ''moisture in a switching station"... another they actually used was a "Squirrel got into a junction box".....uh, don't they safeguard against things like that? He was probably the one answering the phones. :rolleyes:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pg-e-blackout-brings-closed-schools-shuttered-businesses-spoiled-food-n1064861
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 06:13:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Rebs you should save on your electric bill now.  Strippers are in Bemidji???  That's great, where are they???   :sleazy:  The wife is headed out for her annual sisters weekend in an hour.  That is great that they get together every year and do something.  SO I am unsupervised till Sunday.   :sleazy:  Too bad it is such crappy weather.  A stripper can't even appreciate it evidently....  I will probably just hang out here and take it easy.  TGIF to all of youse guys. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! 39 this morning and raining. We had 1.25" when I left for work. Thankfully it is not the white stuff or it would be alot of snow. Plan is to go pick up the wife's new wheels(New to us) after work today. I think she is excited, except for having a payment again. It is a 2013 Traverse LT with 89,000 miles on it. Nice clean ND car. It will be nice having AWD coming into work on them nasty winter days. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and maybe 35 later.. I think my flowers are history...  well I got my VA visit in and now I wait for the results..  I'm thinking there are issues from just talking with the tech...  I'll find out out with in a week..  looks like Boars area could be getting some snow...  going to be an interesting weekend I'm thinking...  have to check the rain gauge after it gets light out...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it looks like we're in the hot spot as I seen 44* :confused: when I was out in the garage ~ an hour ago. I did a quick check of the rain gauge while I was out there too & it looked like .6" in there to me. Pretty windy too. According to WCCO, Bemidji could get a little over 2" out of this but it shouldn't get this far(~35 -40 miles) east. Their map had mikey's area,  around Alexandria, getting close to 4.5-5". I pulled the new mower in the garage yday after we got back & my project today will be to start to switch it over to the blower. Pretty easy actually but no hurry so I might take a couple days to get it finished. That's all from this neck of the woods, stay warm, dry & have a good Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
1/2 inch in the rain gauge and a lite mist with a couple snow flakes in the air..   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
IT'S SNOWIN' HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :doah:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 08:36:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite snow and drizzle here.. well I'm off to go pay my property taxes...  got to be done by next tuesday...

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
&^%$#@#$^%& Taxes.  Don't get me started. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 30's. Was 34 on the pickup thermometer on the ride in. Had some graupel (snow pellets) here in Bugtussle when I got to the office. .35" of liquid precip at the ranch & .23" in Bugtussle. Some snow coming tomorrow, < 1/2" they say. Prolly meant < 1/2'.  :scratch: Thinking maybe Sunday we'll get the Stude out if the dummies don't decide to spread salt all over everything Saturday.  :angry:

Dem skwerrils is plenty intelligent when it comes to wrecking stuff Rebs. The other day the Excel guy told me about one that got into their substation and caused ~ $80 grand in damage. Wurst thing was, another one did the same thing about a week later.  :shocked: Glad da Mrs. got a new ride JB. Wimmens are funny dat way when they ain't got no wheels.  :confused: I'll have to check for those strippers in Brrrmidji the next time I'm there Barry. See how many of them know glenn!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 10:10:19 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't be slinging around those big words like graupel on here; you'll confuse Glenn. Next thing ya know, he'll want a hot mug of that to warm up his pogonip.    :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 11:50:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Started spittin snow here a 1/2 hour ago, then we had a short squall. Part 1 of the mower conversion was done by 10:30 & that's as far as it's going today. Gettin ready for bowl of chili & a grilled cheese.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just had some melty sharp cheddar and ham rolled up in a flour tortilla... my take on a hot ham 'n cheese. Ole!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 12:37:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a nap and then a bowl of that potato/oyster soup and a nice ham and cheese and lettuce sandwich.  It was great.  Got me some nice Farmers Ham sliced thick yesterday.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is a howlin' wind down here.....37 MPH! Makin' it really chilly! (it's 38*)  :angry:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have partly cloudy and windy as heck.  Cold wind from the south.  It was colder in south MN than north MN this morning.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could eat the whole thing.    :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, folks sure are stockin' up on the winter supplies! Went out to Flat Farm to grab a 3M window kit, and the lines were out into the aisles. 'Course, as usual, only two checkouts open.  :rolleyes: One guy was mad because they don't have their snow blowers out yet; he wanted to get one. Guy behind me was buying gloves, socks, hat.......made me feel good. I had all my stuff out and ready to go last week.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 04:34:00 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: L & M in GR has had some blowers out for a month, bet yday when we walked in there they had a dozen or 2 different sized 2 & 3 stage blowers right there by the door. Of course I found they had most of their ice fishing rod & reel combos out too. They are always a step ahead on the seasonal rotations of goods & a lot of times will mark a good share of it down so they don't have to send it back to the warehouse. :cool:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Go across the street to Lowes.  They had like 30 snow blowers lined up on the sidewalk ready to go....   And they give a veteran discount....

Too bad they don't sell guns and fishing tackle...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't want one. I have two.  That guy did. Who would buy anything at Lowe's?
Good thing they don't sell guns and fishing tackle. They'd wouldn't be able to tell a vent-rib barrel from a bamboo rod.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 06:42:57 PM by Rebel SS »