Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953348 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://news.yahoo.com/hunter-dies-being-attacked-deer-132902537.html

now watch it when ya check yer deer after it's shot!!!  WOW!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:confused: :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: :pouty:

Sure are alot of snow Banks out this way. Not to be confused with Tyra Banks!! :hubba: :wowza: :rotflmao:

Not alot of field work being done either.  Bean fields look way better than I thought they would be.

I can't handle this stuff anymore. I'm headin' for Florida.  :cool:  Anyone want a nice house with all the furniture in it?
« Last Edit: October 10/24/19, 06:45:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night we lost our power at about 10:20 while we were watching the news. Power came back about 4 this morning. Driving to the nursing home in New Richland to visit my mom there was a hwy patrol and a sheriffs car alongside a county road and I noticed a new power pole. I came to find out a 15 year old girl lost her life, she was a passenger in the truck that snapped the pole off. A Waseca county deputy is lucky to be alive as he got shocked real bad. We could hear the helicopter overhead while we were laying in bed.
https://www.fox9.com/news/waseca-county-deputy-suffers-3rd-degree-burns-from-power-line-while-responding-to-deadly-crash
I'm pretty sure the deputy graduated with my oldest son.
I know the dad of the kid that was driving the truck.
Just a bummer all the way around.
« Last Edit: October 10/24/19, 06:39:41 PM by roony »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I E-mailed that earlier today to Dotch...it was a punk kid lost control of the car and caused the whole mess.......hear alcohol was involved. I won't say a word.

https://kttc.com/news/minnesota-news/2019/10/24/one-killed-deputy-airlifted-with-serious-injuries-after-crash-in-waseca/

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hadn't heard anything about alcohol but I'm not "in the know".

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Watch the news................ :whistling:

In the meantime, stay away from hot peppers. You'd be a fool to fall in love.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! 37 here this morning, warmed up overnight we had 29 at 8 last night. Heading for the upper 40s today and no rain they are saying. Yesterday was a dry day also. My parents are coming up today for the weekend. No big plans, just a go with the flow kind of weekend. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. A frosty 24* here this am. Solid frost on everything. That'll get the leaves falling like rain. Clear out, headed for a 25 deg high jump of 50* later today.
Today's clean house and wash day. Should be done by noon if I move fast. Beef round roast in the crack pot later this am. After lunch, out to see Mom. Docs called last nite and said she's getting worse, they can't control her with the meds. And I thought she was doing well. I guess with Alzheimer's it's to be expected, but I still don't want to see that part of it. But I'll be there for her today.....as always.
Have a good one, guys.

« Last Edit: October 10/25/19, 07:34:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!! a nice day yesterday and it looks to be nice too!!  heading to 53 they say!!  got a few things done and I got the leaf blower attachment for cleaning rain gutters ordered too!!that will be nice, no more ladders!!!  going into Alex this morning, the VA is doing there flu shots today..  then pick up some boneless pork loins for $1.49 a pound!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulled pigger for later?  🐽

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no I use shoulder roast for that..  steaks and roast for these,,,,

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just remembered to inject my roast with my concoction of beef bouillon powder, Worcestershire, onion powder, and a bit of soy sauce... :tongue:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That all sounds good.  I bought a 1/2 pork loin the other day.  Now I need to come up with a plan for it.  Bake it, smoke it, or crack pot it.  Many options and that is a good thing.  Beautiful morning here.  South wind I see.  I have my eye on 2 smaller dead elms I want to cut up today or tomorrow.  The wife will be home 6 ish so that will be great to see her again.  We all miss her.  Have a great day all of youse.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got so busy finishing odd jobs at the land I didn't get to the bow hunting part.  Bummer but good day none the less.  I put the final touches on the two enclosed stands we put up earlier.  The views from them are great. Put up the gate the farmer knocked down to get through without putting his hay bine in transport. Swapped out cards in cameras, and just some other odd things that needed to be taken care of.  Plan to head up tonight for a couple days hunt.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's Friday finally. On call this weekend so it's work around the house and try to get some more "stuff put away for winter. Should be a good weekend to swing in a tree bowhunting, good luck deadeye. Have a great weekend everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime heading for high in the low 50's. Was skim ice in the water buckets inside the barn when we did chores. Ice in the garden hose we use to water & that took a few minutes to decide if it would dispense it or if I'd have to haul a few buckets from the house.  :angry: Guys got going full bore again yesterday. Still a little wet for tillage but some are still doing it. More soil sampling on tap before the weather turns ugly next week. Highs in the mid-30's Tuesday & Wednesday with lows in the low 20's will start to freeze the ground up.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
made it back from Bismarck...…..time to play in the leaves. and a little union work on the side.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Glen, I just bought some union made [Canada} Moosehead beer.  Going up early tomorrow to check on deer camp.  Mostly to look for deer sign and being with the guy's.  Hopefully we have some northern lights tomorrow.  Really miss those clear skies with the stars like few folks can see who live down here.  Wolves howling at night and even in the daytime at times.  Put my camera out till opener. Then check on it.  Good times.  good luck.
« Last Edit: October 10/25/19, 05:55:37 PM by Reinhard »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Out walking around the back yard today.... One of my spindly spruces was assaulted by the local buck...  and he made a big scrape in the lawn....   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you should get a trail camera Del.  Man we love having them.  Every Sunday morning we check them.  If you aren't hunting over them you can bait anytime you want to get the critters by your camera. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Out walking around the back yard today.... One of my spindly spruces was assaulted by the local buck...  and he made a big scrape in the lawn....
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: mom had one if her young Maple trees at the cabin pruned too.

One year when we out at the campground we had a decoy/ target deer for now practice. Done real live buck assulted it.... Twice. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/19, 07:00:02 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy moly Rocky, we got some semi serious ice makin wedder coming.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it won't last I'm afraid!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it won't last I'm afraid!!!
Ok fuddy duddy!!🥴 :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glen, I just bought some union made [Canada} Moosehead beer.  Going up early tomorrow to check on deer camp.  Mostly to look for deer sign and being with the guy's.  Hopefully we have some northern lights tomorrow.  Really miss those clear skies with the stars like few folks can see who live down here.  Wolves howling at night and even in the daytime at times.  Put my camera out till opener. Then check on it.  Good times.  good luck.
:happy1: :happy1: good man!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' kids. No school today. Sun's just comin' up in a 34* clear-as -a-bell sky. No big plans today, gonna stay close to the phone as Mom is not doing so hot. I dread that ring everytime I hear it. Leaves fell like rain yday after the hard frost; a couple trees dropped all they had left on 'em yday. Backyard is pretty well buried. Time to put side chute on the red rocket and blow 'em back thru the fence.  :evil: Hope ya have a good weekend, enjoy the wedder while ya can. Snow and blow with all the trimmings next week.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/26/19, 07:24:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 39 here now and that is higher than the highs are going to bee for the next week the way it looks!! going for 56 here today...  coffee is tasting good this morning..  did get a few things done yesterday and going to finish cleaning the branches off the ground today and maybe have a fire tonight too!!  have a good day all!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope all goes well with your Mom Reb!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Mike. I knew it was coming, but that never really helps, does it?  :undecided:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no it doesn't..