Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901248 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man everyone is wound up.  LOL  Ya we need mail order here.  It is a wonderful thing for us.  I would rather see it before I buy it but just doesn't work all of the time for us up here.  We do like to go to Bemidji or I Falls shopping sometimes but we do buy a lot local too.  And are happy to help the local economy.  I would like to see a video of you doing your gutter thing Mike.  Have your girlfriend take a video of it. Clothed please.  :rotflmao:  Put 2 more bales on the septic tank yesterday.  Glad to have that done.  Also had to help the farmer get his tractor started.  I was the ether spraying guy.  We got er going.   :happy1:  Then brought 2 round bales out to the horses.  First time this year.  Today I need to get the plow on the plow truck.  I may even start the first fire in the garage/shop today.  I want to make some of those copper things for the sewer vent like G55 has.  Speaking of him I sure hope he is ok.   Lots of ice in the backwaters here.  Have a good one boys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Couldn't you stack those round bales on some kinda ramp, and when they need one, drop the gate and it'll roll down to 'em?  :rotflmao:

Morning dudes. 23* and cloudy here on Boo day. Now they say cloudy all day. Went from rain/snow, to sunny, now it's changed to cloudy, with a high of 35*. Lunch at Famous Dave's with my fishing buddy today. Haven't been there in years. I best eat real light this morning, so I can do a good showing at noon....hehe. Have a good one, guys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Happy Halloween too to all!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
BAA.........HUMBUG!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't you stack those round bales on some kinda ramp, and when they need one, drop the gate and it'll roll down to 'em?  :rotflmao:

Morning dudes. 23* and cloudy here on Boo day. Now they say cloudy all day. Went from rain/snow, to sunny, now it's changed to cloudy, with a high of 35*. Lunch at Famous Dave's with my fishing buddy today. Haven't been there in years. I best eat real light this morning, so I can do a good showing at noon....hehe. Have a good one, guys.

Hey great idea.  A roller thing like cans of pop roll on in the machine.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya! That's it! Should we get to work on one?  :scratch:  Dotch could use one for his sheep, too!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Halloween too to all!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
BAA.........HUMBUG!!!!!!!!

Well! There goes yer nut-goodies!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Morning fellers.......not much happening here. wasnt paying much attention, but heard a 1/2 inch of snow somewhere on the radio. :scratch:

gotta stop at a shop for a tad of union thuggery the ndo a bank run, end of the month thing. like visiting with the bank teller gals!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.......not much happening here. wasnt paying much attention, but heard a 1/2 inch of snow somewhere on the radio. :scratch:

gotta stop at a shop for a tad of union thuggery the ndo a bank run, end of the month thing. like visiting with the bank teller gals!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Deposit or withdrawal....or both?   :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

mayhaps!!!!!! :sleazy: :cool: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I may need me a leaf blower gutter cleaner too.  I have an old Homelite blower in the barn.  Maybe I can adapt it.  I too am tired of cleaning my gutters.  It is a 3 time each fall thing to make sure all of the leaves are out of them. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine have been done 4 times this year already.....   I have the older narrower ones....plus I live in the midst of a gazillion maple trees.   :angry: :angry:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont have gutters!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well curiosity got the best of me regarding Gunner. so i called there 218 up north phone number. got an answering machine.  :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20 to start the day here, heading for a high of 35 today. Well, don't throw me into that lazy millennials category. Up here we don't have a lot of options for shopping. Online shopping is our savoir. Many times I go to get something and they won't have it in stock. Then ya get, I can order it and have it here in a couple of days. Well I can do that too and it will be cheaper. Closest fleet farm is 4 hours away, menards is 1-1/2 hours away, wally world is 2-1/2 hours away. Just the way it is up here. We do alot of driving in this neck of the woods. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Totally agree about the Amazon thing.  Being at the lake is why we first went Amazon Prime.    Lots of stuff they just don't have in Cook.   And going to Virginia is gonna be a 60 mile round trip, which ain't free, and a half day at least by the time it is all said and done, and maybe they have what I need and maybe they don't.    And maybe I have to go to two or three places to find it, all while I could be fishing or getting something done.   

Likewise here in Rochester.  I can go to the local Ace, or else some big box store.  Maybe they have what I need, or maybe they are out of them, or maybe they don't carry those...  I still go to Walmart and Fleet Farm and Menards and Harbor Freight and occasionally ACE or Autozone..   But if it is something specific, the net is my friend.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well curiosity got the best of me regarding Gunner. so i called there 218 up north phone number. got an answering machine.  :doah: :embarrassed:
i just fired off an email!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I completely understand that Amazon is a very helpful thing for people that don't have the retail stores nearby that many of us have. I am one that likes to buy local as much as possible, even if it costs a few cents more. The people that kill me are the ones that go to a local store, get their grubby fingerprints all over everything handling it, talk to a clerk or store manager about a product and then go home and buy it online because they can save a few cents. These doughheads are the first ones to cry when their local store is forced out of business. I prefer not to be part of that group of people.
« Last Edit: October 10/31/19, 09:58:10 AM by roony »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Remember you pay a substantial penalty for early withdrawal.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Remember you pay a substantial penalty for early withdrawal.
Early deposits aren't appreciated either!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
i dont have gutters!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You must have! Yer mind is always in one!  :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime but sometime in the overnite we logged a 19 degree low. Heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. Not holding my breath. I went back home yesterday at lunchtime and put on my lined jeans. Knew I'd be standing around outside talking to a farmer or two. No reason to freeze my noogies off.

As far as Amazon, I have an account but don't use it much. As roony said, something that concerns me here is the number of people who run up their credit cards ordering stuff online then piss & moan when their little local businesses close up. Do I order stuff online? Sure. Studebaker parts have been long since crushed in most of the junkyards around here altho it's surprising sometimes how much you can get thru NAPA yet which I do. Some of the parts for older farm equipment can only be purchased in re-man form. No longer carried by implement dealers. I don't live for buying stuff online however. The older I get the more of a minimalist I've become. What do I need more crap for? I can barely keep up maintaining what I have now let alone have time to use a lot of it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn's a minimalist too...look at his canning ring tops!!!  :bonk: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/31/19, 11:08:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn's a minimalist too...look at his canning ring tops!!!  :bonk: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: I'll have you know I threw 2 of them away this year already. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime but sometime in the overnite we logged a 19 degree low. Heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. Not holding my breath. I went back home yesterday at lunchtime and put on my lined jeans. Knew I'd be standing around outside talking to a farmer or two. No reason to freeze my noogies off.

As far as Amazon, I have an account but don't use it much. As roony said, something that concerns me here is the number of people who run up their credit cards ordering stuff online then piss & moan when their little local businesses close up. Do I order stuff online? Sure. Studebaker parts have been long since crushed in most of the junkyards around here altho it's surprising sometimes how much you can get thru NAPA yet which I do. Some of the parts for older farm equipment can only be purchased in re-man form. No longer carried by implement dealers. I don't live for buying stuff online however. The older I get the more of a minimalist I've become. What do I need more crap for? I can barely keep up maintaining what I have now let alone have time to use a lot of it.   
:pouty: oh and now your a priest!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'll be a ring-tailed buffoon!   No, wait a minute..... :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'll be a ring-tailed buffoon!   No, wait a minute..... :doah:
Don't you need to find your bib and go somewhere?? :rotflmao: :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: oh and now your a priest!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Ya, he's gonna get a flute and wander around the pasture, Grasshopper!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning my friends!! TGIF!!!! Had 31 this morning heading for a high of 35 and some sssssnoooowww in the forecast. I am going to go get in the deer stand after work today. Plan to spend most of the weekend bow hunting. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also try and get a couple of things done around the house. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 here and going for 37..  a small chance for lite snow maybe..  not much going on today but i do have a few things to do..  no trick or treats  here so it's a good thing I bought candy I like!! have a good day all!!