Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953859 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 0 this morning might make it to 18!! hope everyone had a good day yesterday!!  a quiet day on hand here..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we've got 2* & goin for ~ 15*. We made a run down to Sam's Club in Waterloo yday morning. The Ave was a little iffy goin down but was much better comin home. We were still back here by noon. I've got a couple things on my list today, see how far I get. Have a good day. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -8 here.  There is a wide ice span moving down river at a brisk pace.  Open water on Canada side and our side.  Yesterday we wondered if we should travel.  Well we gave it a try.  We got about 1/4 mile south of here and it was clear out.  Couldn't believe the difference.  I told the wife half kidding that it must have been river/lake effect.  We got home about 3 and it was dark clouds by our place and all along the river and still spitting snow some.  Our tracks were buried and now I am sure it was river/lake effect.  I'm sure there is 6" of snow I will plow today.  Will bring some bales out to the horses too.  A bunch of them. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS, you are correct about the lake/river effect yesterday.  They had it on the news about Lake Mille Lacs having enough lake effect that it could be seen on radar.  Cool, not if you are on the east side of the lake.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was 4 degrees and a stiff NW wind yesterday.  I feel like I cheated a little by going in one of my new enclosed stands.  I lit the little buddy heater and all I can say is wow.  I took off my jacket and hat and stayed there until 11 AM.  Wind howling up to 30 coming across the swamp but the stand took it and never even shuttered.  I really expected to see a buck chasing does somewhere in the swamp but did not.  Every few minutes I would open a window to take a blast of cold air to the face just to make it feel like I was in a tree stand.  :rotflmao: 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
our lake froze over last night after the wind settled down..  still not enough to walk on...  for me any way..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning all........... busy busy........... :pouty: :pouty: meeting in st cloud this afternoon.
wednesday.....gotta be in red wing by 6;30 am
thursday and friday more negotiations in Fargo.
the weekend is scheduled for deer processing. and........... :toast: :toast:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
gota shoot one first..

2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gota shoot one first..
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: dont you gotta go create a gas explosion somewhere!!!!!!!!! :censored: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
gota shoot one first..
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: dont you gotta go create a gas explosion somewhere!!!!!!!!! :censored: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:swords:  :tut: :tut: :pouty: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A belated mornin' gang! 1 above at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. Staying warm is on top of the agenda for today altho chores this a.m. w/o the wind seemed warmer than when we did them last nite. More snow on tap for tomorrow and then it starts to warm up, we hope. Has been a miserable little stretch of weather for November. Don't think we'll be baling hay anytime soon. On the bright side the mosquitoes and deer flies aren't too bad.  :happy1: Ta ta!
« Last Edit: November 11/12/19, 12:05:46 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mankato man reels in massive muskie from the Minnesota River
https://www.southernminnesotanews.com/mankato-man-reels-in-massive-muskie-from-the-minnesota-river/

That fish looks like it had been in WWIII

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!! nice fish!!  I have fished that river and that area many times years ago!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda odd coloration, too. Good for him.
« Last Edit: November 11/12/19, 06:11:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for him.  Ya a light colored one.  Does that mean clearer water?  I have seen crappies swim into a culvert for 2 or 3 minutes and come back out black as heck.  After a few minutes in the ditch where the culvert emptied into they got lighter colored.  Big difference in color in minutes.  Cool as heck.  ?????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure on that.. that river is that clear...  and I would think with the rain and such lately it would be running good.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like he drug it through a gravel pit before those pictures were taken.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
UP AND AT IT FELLERS. :evil: well off to Hagar city WI. :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 this morning..  may get to 28...  going to Alex this morning and resupply.  looks like we a dusting of snow over night too..  think we might get a little more too..  not much else so have a good day all!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 19* & the sidewalk has a slight white tint to it. TWC is sayin we may get close to 30* today, we'll see.Got a lot of stuff done yday so there's not too much on the list today. Hope your Wednesday is a good 1! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  16 here right now.  Better than -8 we had the other day.  Got all plowed out and the horses have lots of hay so all is well here.  Gonna meet Markn at Blackduck today.  Will be nice to meet him.  Hope you are all getting your deers.  Have a great day.

Oh ya, as I was brushing my teeth they said on the radio that the NFL is having a workout/tryout for Colonoscopy.  The said so many QB's have gone down with injuries they thought they should see if anyone is interested.  It didn't say what teams may be interested.  Must be the NFL's way to kiss up to the "kneelers".
« Last Edit: November 11/13/19, 07:24:24 AM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So it is a league thing?   I figured it was some sort of thing he and his agent and his lawyer cooked up and invited all the scouts to so they could get back in the news and get more fuel for a lawsuit... :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard some say this AM that they thought it might have been part of his lawsuit settlement with the league. I think part of his agreement was that they didn't release any of the details of it & they said this morning that the rumours are that it wasn't for all that much $, considering what they could've asked for.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
All of this may be true.  The other spin I heard this morning is that, yes, some unidentified teams might be interested in Kaperoscopy, but they were too cowardly to bring him in directly for a workout because of backlash from their fan base.  If they ended up not signing him, then they'd have put themselves through the distraction wringer for nothing.  This way, all interested teams can evaluate his performance and gauge fan reaction before they make direct inquiries.

In the NFL, as long as (Talent + Production) > (Headache + Distractions), then you will always have a job.  Organizations just need to evaluate that equation for themselves.

He probably is better than half of the starting QBs currently in the league - well maybe better than at third of them.  OK, a quarter, but he is probably good enough to play. 

There is no unforgivable sin.  I don't think this guy deserves the death penalty.  I have never been in line with his brand of social activism.  I am not a Kapernick fan.

But it will be interesting to listen to what he says and watch what he does.

His presence or absence from the league does not affect my football watching one iota.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone else getting there cell phone bombed by some boob ?? :scratch: :doah: :censored: :mad1: :confused: :angry2: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :thumbs: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
whats he doing shooter?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not me Glenn.  I read that Colon's agent wants to know what teams there are and the NFL declined to divulge them.  It is on a Sat instead of the usual Tue tryouts.  Most teams are moving to another city for the Sunday game or preparing for it at home.  It will not be open to the public and the tryout and the interview with him will be taped so teams can watch it at their leisure I guess.  His agent and him are not too happy about it being on a Sat.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone else getting there cell phone bombed by some boob ?? :scratch: :doah: :censored: :mad1: :confused: :angry2: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :thumbs: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :tut:
any pics?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Primary Meanings of

boob (n)

1. either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman;

2. an ignorant or foolish person;