Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951918 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes that's it...  eat 9 meals get the 10th free there too..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
me like chicky.......gonna have to try it!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, dudes. Just sitting here at Mayo, wife is getting checked for upcoming cataract surgery. This is second one.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, dudes. Just sitting here at Mayo, wife is getting checked for upcoming cataract surgery. This is second one.
hope all goes well Del!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks. So far so good.  First one went ok.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have worked at both of the car testing places Rebs.  Pretty cool places.  South of town is AET and north of town is Bosch Testing.  Semis full of cars come and go all winter to these spots.  They do not like this warm weather.  It melts the snow fields they groom for testing.  The guys showed up last night with their equipment to frack our well that they drilled this summer.  I didn't expect to see them till spring.  Not sure when the crew will come hook it up.  That may wait till spring.  Not sure.  Good luck to the missus Del.  Gonna soft boil me a couple of eggs and have a slab of ham with them for breakfast.  Had a great time with my buddies but there is no place like home.  Ya I see the snow is heading this direction.  Should be here soon.  Man is it slippery here with the melt we had.  It is a challenge to walk in spots.  I see the river opened back up too.  A few years ago we had a cold winter but the river never did freeze real good.  Had open spots all winter.  Current thing.  And we have a lot of current this year too.

I did meet Markn last week too.  Great guy.  Had a friend with him and he seemed like a good guy too.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Good luck Delwood. Cataracts? Zap and go...had both mine done years ago. 20/20 vision the next day. Wow! You worked there, Barry!!! Cool! I wanna do that!
Oohhh....broasted chicken! Really hard to find anymore, no one has the actual broaster to do it right. Think maybe 2 places down here, if they're still there... :rolleyes:
Grocery day...maybe... upper 40's, then snow. Have a good one guys.
« Last Edit: November 11/20/19, 11:02:15 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. Rain heading this way into tomorrow a.m. with a dusting of snow on the tail end. Still debating on whether to make a trip thru yer general area on out way to Canada Barry. My buddy in Bemidji & I just taked. Unfortunately he's leaning more towards cancelling. Snow may be a factor, 3"-5" in Bemidji for tonite into tomorrow, 3"- 7" for I Falls, 3" - 6" for Atikokan. The water's all shut off at the cabin, system drained. etc., so along with the weather and distance in my case, that's the biggest hurdle to going up there this time of year.

The good news and we've done it before in early April is you can haul enough drinking water to last. Plus after chopping a hole in the ice, fill the overhead tank in the sauna with water pumped from the lake. Tank has a shower head on one end so heat 'er up a day or so and get pretty in there. Burning wood to stay warm is something I enjoy. Did it many places where I lived & stayed over the years. Even tho I got clearance from the social director, Mrs. Cheviot fails to see the  entertainment value in all this, muttering something about "a lot of work" or words to that effect. She always appreciates the fact I come home less grumpy however.

At any rate it'd be fun to meet up with you sometime on one of these Canadian excursions Barry. We always hit the County Market then go to the Border Bar where we have pizza & beer before going across. Sometimes we catch up with the part owner who Bill knows well. Nice lady and she's always fun to visit with.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
me like chicky.......gonna have to try it!!!!!! :happy1:

they have like 5 or 6 broasters going and just keep going down the line!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to your wife Del!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Dotch.  If you ever cross in Baudette let me know.  Would like to meet you.  It is snowing here right now.  Talking 3-5.  Grand Forks TV Weather even put us right on the edge of the 6 or more possibilities too.  They got the fracking done.  It went great.  Got up to about 22-24 hundreds pounds of pressure before it blew a fracture and the pressure dropped down to 2 hundred pounds.  They then kept pumping about 2,000 gallons of water into the well and it took it great.  A well will take in as much water as it can pump out.  That is great news.  Now they have to come back and hook up the new well and abandon the old well.  So it is progressing.  The guys that come here and do the work are great guys. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why do they haveta frack it and do the pressure thing? I only know a well is a deep subject... :smiley:

PS...if Dotch ever stops in, don't let him start looking around yer place for bugs...he'll come up with something. "Gee, that's a purple proboscis pecker poker"...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was serious...why do they "frack" a well?
« Last Edit: November 11/20/19, 03:50:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure was a zoo out there today. Everyone must be getting ready for the holidays or something. I see the truckloads of xmas trees hit tge outside lots today....my cousin said her son's family got theirs and put it up last week.....that's pushin' it just a bit.  :rolleyes:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that's a little too early I think too for a Christmas tree.  They frack because there isn't enough water leaking into the well.  SO they use high pressure and water since this is a water well and pressurize the well to hopefully break or crack veins in the rock that the well is drilled in.  Then more water can enter the well through those cracks or fissures.  Since my well took a while and the pressure dropped almost to nothing is because they did manage to create some cracks so the water pumped into them easily.  If the pressure did not drop or didn't drop far then you know that it wasn't successful in creating those veins.  Then they may go deeper and try again.  Then they flushed out the dirty water and did that a few times.  The gunk coming out was actually green.  SO that is the color of the rock down there I guess. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohhh...dang!  Only thing I know about wells, is the old farmhouse I lived in in the 70's had a pump-house about 30' from the main house, and ya had to put a milk house heater next to the pump in the winter for half an hour before ya flipped it on (it was manual) or it would bust. I recall it was 180' deep. Pumped water into a big wood cistern downstairs, had to watch it so it didn't overflow...then run back out and shut if off. That was a real blast in winter. Ya could take about 1 bath and flush the toilet for about a day before ya had to fill it up again. Had to drive into town to a laundromat to do the wash. Burned all the garbage in a pit out back. Recycled all metal and glass for the few pennies I'd get. The house was heated by the wood I chopped and put in the huge burner downstairs. Place was built around the turn of the century. Colder than all get out in the winter, and hotter 'n a cow in the Summer.
Took care of the owners horses on the 40 acres it was on, that's where I cut down all the trees to get my wood while clearing land for him. Worked in a steel plant in the daytime; bartended at nite.
So ya, I didn't always have a nice cushy place to live in. Had to work hard to live.
And ya know, it was the best time of my life. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: November 11/20/19, 04:11:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohhh...dang!  Only thing I know about wells, is the old farmhouse I lived in in the 70's had a pump-house about 30' from the main house, and ya had to put a milk house heater next to the pump in the winter for half an hour before ya flipped it on (it was manual) or it would bust. I recall it was 180' deep. Pumped water into a big wood cistern downstairs, had to watch it so it didn't overflow...then run back out and shut if off. That was a real blast in winter. Ya could take about 1 bath and flush the toilet for about a day before ya had to fill it up again. Had to drive into town to a laundromat to do the wash. Burned all the garbage in a pit out back. Recycled all metal and glass for the few pennies I'd get. The house was heated by the wood I chopped and put in the huge burner downstairs. Place was built around the turn of the century. Colder than all get out in the winter, and hotter 'n a cow in the Summer.
Took care of the owners horses on the 40 acres it was on, that's where I cut down all the trees to get my wood while clearing land for him. Worked in a steel plant in the daytime; bartended at nite.
So ya, I didn't always have a nice cushy place to live in. Had to work hard to live.
And ya know, it was the best time of my life. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
well hell ya fergot to mention ya had to walk to school 2 miles...........up hill both ways!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could see one of you guys doing this.... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
well hell ya fergot to mention ya had to walk to school 2 miles...........up hill both ways!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

I rode my bike.  :rotflmao:  and like I said, I'd do it all over again.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/20/19, 04:27:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to your wife del. Got interrupted a few dozen times so neglected to include that.

The geology & soils up in that area of the country are interesting stuff Barry. So much of the bedrock is at or near the surface. While Bill pulls water out of the lake at his cabin, there are some people who have wells in that area. I wondered how that worked. Now I know. I do have cause for getting to Baudette in the not too distant future. The friend I had over for steaks the other night has a cabin there. Have never been to his place but he spends a fair amount of time fishing on the lake both winter & summer. Been many moons since I've been on LOW so I won't get a better opportunity.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I could see one of you guys doing this.... :rotflmao:

It's glenn-sized and looks union made!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure was a zoo out there today. Everyone must be getting ready for the holidays or something. I see the truckloads of xmas trees hit tge outside lots today....my cousin said her son's family got theirs and put it up last week.....that's pushin' it just a bit.  :rolleyes:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Didnt have time to back read fellas, but will. Evening peoples,  the last week of compost here so did one last run around the yard, now I can yank the battry and push it in the corner.  Been busy cutting , stacking  and stuffing the trees we trimmed over the weekend in the pick em up, 3 loads to the compost site 1 more to go. Gots to go fellas..See ya!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

And walked back and forth through 4 feet of snow uphill both ways...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sold that with syrup as maple snowcones.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Had to scrape some white stuff off the truck this morning before heading to work. Not quite ready for that yet.....

Thanks, Barry. Going to move my new found "goodies" I got from you to the basement tonight and try to finish up putting deer hunting (firearm) stuff away to get ready for muzzle loader. That other guy with me, I forgot to introduce to you, sorry, is a good friend. We have deer hunted together for 48 years now.

Have a great day everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 to start the day here heading for a high of 19. I would guess we have 3-4" of snow on the ground and a little bit breezy. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, the snow missed us I see..  we did get some rain..  looks like the arrow head area is getting the snow now..  got a few things to do today and that will be fine..  have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. 45* and rained all nite. Still raining here in Swampville. Temp will drop tp 30* later so they say.  No plans today....except a big meatloaf for dinner...have a good day.  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just got done plowing the white stuff.  I would say we got 4-6" here.  SO my ground issue on my plow truck that I didn't figure out is still haunting me.  Originally the wipers came on when I hit left blinker.  Tried new switch and that wasn't it.  Googled it and it is a ground issue.  So I start plowing and turn the headlights on and the wipers come on and stay on  as long as the lights are on.  I may just bring it in to the place that put the plow on and wired up the lights.  Let them figure it out. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched a guy at a dealer mounting a plow on a brand-new truck for a customer....drilled thru the frame right into the radiator... :doah: