Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901969 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know you do. Don't envy ya all that driving all over. I must be getting soft, that's TWICE in two days I've agreed with ya.  :bonk:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: must be.

gunner............................. :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I know you do. Don't envy ya all that driving all over. I must be getting soft, that's TWICE in two days I've agreed with ya.  :bonk:
:shocked: :doah:  :banghead: ;) ;D ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Comin' down here good. I find it amusing that this Metronet Fiber Internet we've finally got here uses Eskimo Quickfish shelters to work inside where they're making a junction box...sorry about pic quality, snowin' good here.  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Worse here now than what I expected to see too, Reb.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'll say the good thing is it went right to snow...no drizzle, rain, sleet to freeze rock hard first. Looking like it's gonna be 2-3" here, easy. Went out, and it's pretty light fluffo stuff. But, it's blowing really good...more tonite. I can see later today....
« Last Edit: December 12/09/19, 11:08:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the drive left to do..  got the rest done and it's windy here too..  I'd say we got 2 or 3 inches is all..  hard to tell with the wind...  going to do that after lunch...
« Last Edit: December 12/09/19, 11:15:58 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

so you where in st cloud and never bothered to call??? tell me??? :confused: :confused: training-087 training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: i see how you operate!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Unfortunately it was one of those whirlwind tours. The MN Lamb & Wool Producers had their annual meetings at the Holiday Inn off of 15 there. I'd ordered these feeders a couple weeks ago from the guy in NY Mills who makes them. He has a display at the meeting so when I called to say I was there, he met me in the parking lot and the deal went down. It was about 6 hrs. of driving sandwiched between chores. I've started making it a habit of going thru that way to Brrrmidji en route to Canada tho so I promise I'll make the time on one of those jaunts.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so you where in st cloud and never bothered to call??? tell me??? :confused: :confused: training-087 training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: i see how you operate!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Unfortunately it was one of those whirlwind tours. The MN Lamb & Wool Producers had their annual meetings at the Holiday Inn off of 15 there. I'd ordered these feeders a couple weeks ago from the guy in NY Mills who makes them. He has a display at the meeting so when I called to say I was there, he met me in the parking lot and the deal went down. It was about 6 hrs. of driving sandwiched between chores. I've started making it a habit of going thru that way to Brrrmidji en route to Canada tho so I promise I'll make the time on one of those jaunts.
:cool: :cool: :laugh: :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well heck you are going by my place too!!! 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
yea well.....when i see them 2 clowns posting pictures........................................... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :pouty: If I had 1 of those fancy phones that was free I'm sure I would be. :doofus: :nerd: :nerd:

Ya, phones...cars....gas...dinners along the river....O,the hard life of a union rep... :rolleyes:   :undecided:
damn straight...........i worked hard to get to this job!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

So did Jimmy Hoffa.    :police:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just looked at the 511 road conditions..........Reb and mr sparkles musta been out............alot of incidents reported around the #1 city!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. Sparkles is nestled in his warm garage, reading Hot Rod magazine, while Reb is outside blowing the driveway, sidewalk, shoveling the steps, the deck...wind is just whipping the snow everywhere. WC is -4. That bowl of tater/snausage soop is sure gonna hit the spot!  :tongue:
« Last Edit: December 12/09/19, 04:00:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
we had gotten a little more than I thought here so I got to plow.  3" maximum.  Man the roast beef is smelling darn good.  I'm starting to weaken.  BUT I am waiting till 6 to eat.  Sunny here and a little wind.  Cold..   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. Sparkles is nestled in his warm garage, reading Hot Rod magazine, while Reb is outside blowing the driveway, sidewalk, shoveling the steps, the deck...wind is just whipping the snow everywhere. WC is -4. That bowl of tater/snausage soop is sure gonna hit the spot!  :tongue:
Dats where dem fords belong hahaha,  just kidding.  I wish mine was inside right along with me but nodda. 32 this morning on the way in and no snow but the chit sure hit da fan fast bout 4:30. 15 on my way home and dropping with some serious wind. Soooooooo the chicken thighs are going in the oven as we speak..I'm getting soft as well, or maybe it's my beer that might freeze.. :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If yer beer freezes, Mr Boober, you ain't drinkin' FAST ENOUGH!  :drinking:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning men. You too, Glenn.  ;)   -6 here in the #1 city. Big ol yaller moon over that west horizon, just sank down to rest until tonite. No big plans today, got the house cleaning, wash, and snow removal all done yday. And boy, do I feel it. Decided to pull the plug on the new Samsung, even though I may have to rob a bank to do it. Now I need to find an entertainment center that can hold all the audio stuff and TV too. Got the buddies lined up to help carry the old behemoth center outta here when I get things ready. Hate to see the old TV go; it's got such a great pic and color.....maybe someone can use it for a gaming TV or something. Hate to just toss it.  Well, cawfee's done, keep warm guys, a might nipply out there today.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: December 12/10/19, 05:49:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -9 here this AM and not going to warm much past that. Probably get colder as the sun awakens. No progress on the skid house last night. I had to load wood into the wood shed for the week. The old wood burner is a hungry beast since Sunday. Rebs, is there a thrift shop that would take your old TV? Like you said maybe someone will use it for gaming. Not much else happening. Just another fine day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, they won't take those anymore, (I checked) and Best Buy won't recycle that size....  unless ya pay $25. No one wants a non-tru flat screen, so I guess it goes to the recycle center.  They charge 25 cents a lb...and it's heavy. Guess I'll have to lug it out there.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 12/10/19, 07:01:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 4* to start & we might hit double figures, they're sayin. Not much for  :snow5: here, maybe 1", but that wind was a mother later on. It stopped before noon for us but I'm sure it'll need to be cleaned up again today. A couple things on the list, should be an EZ day. Hope your Tuesday is a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -4 here and the WC is -23 and tomorrow really is going to be a cold one!!  got a lot done yesterday too..  today my main thing will be making chili!!  have a good day all and stay warm!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/10/19, 07:23:58 AM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -7 here.  Thankfully there is no wind at the moment but it is supposed to pick up.  Man those people working on the lake feel every bit of it.  The resorts are getting things ready for this weekend.  I don't think they are driving out there but I don't actually know.  Mayhaps I should take a ride up there today as I have to drop stuff off at Spee Dee anyways.  The roast beef chunks turned out great! I have another pkg of it too so now I know how I will cook that too.  I watched that Eagles/Giants game last night.  Kept up till they went into overtime.  Eli Manning came in cuz their new QB is injured.  He did great the first half and did absolutely nothing the second half.  SO they do need the new QB.  Be careful outside today. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...... seemed it warmed up over night with the cloud cover. was -11 when i hit the sack and -1 when i got up. not alot happening today. got the snow cleaned up last night when i got home from donating blood. i sure like going to th red cross building in st cloud. quicker, less  :bs: and getting to know the nurses that do the blood draw is fun. we talk cooking, fishing, hunting!!!

well off to see if i can rustle up some union thuggery!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rebel SS,
Almost 20 years ago I bought one of the first really big tube TV's.  It was a 40 inch tube job that weighted somewhere north of 350 pounds.  Being it had not been used for the past 8 years, I decided to get rid of it.  Local township has a cleanup day once a year and advertised they would take tube TV's for $10.  With a bit of effort and plywood covering the floor I managed to get it out the back door, attached to my super heavy duty dolly and up a ramp on to my trailer.  At the cleanup location one guy jumped on the trailer and started to unstrap the TV.  I told him he best not do that until they had it in the waiting truck.  It took 3-4 of them to get it loaded.  Glad to get rid of it.  I did check and the local recycling place would take it for $.50 a pound. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just found out my series set is used for gaming , and in demand by retro-gamers! So, it went on Craiglist in two areas for" you come get it and it's yours." PC World, and a TV place said they are in high demand for video-gamers....
It's a Panasonic 27" Tau series flat screen. Has the BBE true stereo sound option. Used a lot for studio monitors (was) because it has a great plasma quality pic and flat screen. I still say it equals the new flat screen non HDTV... it served me well for 15 years, but time to move on, I guess.   :undecided:
They're actually for sale on Ebay, too.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-6snEcrC53H1/p_133CT27X11/Panasonic-CT-27SX11.html
« Last Edit: December 12/10/19, 09:13:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
For a while, when everyone was dumping their tube TVs, there were enough "free TVs" that recyclers could make money leeching the precious medals out of them.  Since there are fewer Cathode Ray Tubes, recyclers place a surcharge on each set so they can keep going.  This is just what I was told.  I don't know if it is true.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I should be able to find a couple rednecks around here, so they can have a flatscreen TV..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We pay .50 a lb for a recycler to come and pick our TV's in LOW County.  He shows up with a semi and we stack TV's to the roof, front to back.  They take them to Anoka where they are taken apart and everything is sold.  Even the plastic has a place to go. People get mad cuz they get charged to drop of TV's.  It cost about $17,000 per semi load for us to get rid of them. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Was 0 at choretime but recorded a -4 in the overnite. Heading for a high around 5. Had to clean out the driveway last nite so the wifey could get up the hill. Chilly doing chores with the wind but was better this a.m. New lambs doing OK for the conditions. The pair born Nov. 30th couldn't care less about the cold. Off to the TC for Shortcourse after lunch. Probably the last one of these I'll attend. Too expensive, content getting watered down by politics, horrible timing and driving downtown Minneapolis is about as much fun as a root canal.  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got an email from Reb, his stepdad passed away...  last thursday and they just told him today...  says he will most likely be off line for a few days...  just to let you all know... 

he says the real hard part is going to be telling his Mom... 
« Last Edit: December 12/10/19, 11:33:06 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hope all goes well for him. i know he's had issues with that in the past. good luck reb!!!!!!!! :happy1: