Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946191 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
15* headed for 30* here. Good luck at the doc, Mike! Alien whappin' me too, JB. Buddies comin' over later to get that stereo center, gear and TV outta here...that's my day. Have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 07:19:28 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 15* now on our way to the upper 30's. They're still talkin around 40-45 'til Wednesday for us. Yeah, good luck at the doc mike. My visit there went better than expected 'specially after I saw crowded waiting room. Turned out 1/2 of 'em were with others who had appts so I was in & out pretty quick. I have 1 tire that's given me some grief, pretty sure it's leakin around the bead, so I may have somebody take a look at that today. Otherwise a roll with it kinda day, Hope your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I too have a tire that's giving me grief, but it's around my middle..... :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  My tire is bothering me too.  The neighbor lady keeps giving us her strawberry preserves so I have to keep on buying ice cream to use it on.  She just gave us another one the other day.  Yes warm weather on the way.  Upper 30's they say for about 3 days.  Will be great.  The well guys called last night.  They are coming today to put a pump in the new well.  When they fracked it they got a lot of green water coming out.  It is minerals from the pulverized rock I guess.  So we will just let that pump run to purge that out of the well.  They will just leave it in there so I can keep pumping it.  I will be curious to see how much water there is to pump. We won't hook it up to my lines until spring.  Then I am meeting an ol buddy of mine who is factory Rep for many fishing products up by the lake for lunch.  He gave me a lot of tips years ago when I bought the Lindell Product line. That helped me a lot.  Good guy. Well have a good day all of youse guys.    PS.  No more Thursday Night Football this year.  BUT games all day on Sat and Sun.   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, where do you pump all the water, Barry? Are ya gonna make a huge frozen lake to skate on?  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Luckily the well is where the slope of the lawn goes away from the house so can pump like crazy.  Will be fun to do actually.  He will have a drain hole in the hose above the pump so it will drain back and not freeze when I turn it off.  This warm weather will be great for this.  I may also dump some bleach in the well once we get the worst of it pumped out.  That will do a nice disinfection and then I will pump that out too.  I was a Water Treatment Plant operator for many years so this will be fun to me. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 morning fellers........... almost friday!!!!!!!!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: more proof reading........cant trust management....... :pouty: :pouty:

its meeting nite but i get to bail out early....going to my granddaughters nurses pinning tonight at the civic center in st cloud. apparently this is a step towards being a nurse of some sort??????? then momma and i may go out for chow after that.......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A Nurse pinning ceremony is a symbolic welcoming of newly graduated nurses into the nursing profession.[1][2] The new nurses are presented with nursing pins by the faculty of the nursing school but more often a loved one chosen by the graduate.[3] Often the nurses recite the Nightingale Pledge.[4]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A Nurse pinning ceremony is a symbolic welcoming of newly graduated nurses into the nursing profession.[1][2] The new nurses are presented with nursing pins by the faculty of the nursing school but more often a loved one chosen by the graduate.[3] Often the nurses recite the Nightingale Pledge.[4]
:happy1: :happy1:

my brothers daughter is also a particapant. happens to be my goddaughter.  i musta been a good influence!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:lipsrsealed:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 18 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Finally looks like a decent stretch of weather ahead on thru the end of the year. Had a fun evening at the kindly neighbors last nite, cocktails, supper and dessert. Cupcake place in Waseca went in where the old DQ was & they were yummy! Alien having the boomerang effect I was warned about. Needs more treatment apparently. Nurse pinning? I thought Reb was going to tell us about pinning a nurse after going 3 rounds with her.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just "A nurse'? How about just a few more than....oh, never mind. St Marys was like a candy store in the 70's...and I was hungry!  :sleazy:

Now look what you've started.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 09:15:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My afternoon: Phase 1 audio gear disconnect....*ack*  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: must be nice to have lotza cash!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: my TV is till a black and white and my stereo is an am/fm portable radio!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Turntable... Betamax.... 8-track player...   What else you got in that cabinet, Reb? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: must be nice to have lotza cash!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: my TV is till a black and white and my stereo is an am/fm portable radio!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :scratch:

Oh, give me a break! You've probably got a Bang & Olufsen in every room!  That set is over 15 yo, and only reason I needed a new one is because this won't accept broadcast format!  Had to go on the VISA card.  :angry:  Otherwise, I wouda kept this forever. I love it. The audio gear ain't goin' NOWHERE, though!   :rocker;
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 02:13:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Turntable... Betamax.... 8-track player...   What else you got in that cabinet, Reb?

Very funny. Got a Delphonic reel-to-reel to record yer cries of anguish............. ;)

Sony PSLX3 platter...best look that up, Deltoid. CD/Blue-ray upscaler...220W Sony kicker....10 ch graphic equalizer somewhere in there...and the four Klipsch speakers.  Rock-o-rama with 6 beers or so... :dancinred:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 02:14:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You might actually dig the table, Del. Have 2 different headshells for it.......depending on what I'm playing.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You might actually dig the table, Del. Have 2 different headshells for it.......depending on what I'm playing.

I got rid of my Lab 80 with Shure V-15 long ago.   Vinyl is highly over rated.   the golden ear audiophiles put out more BS than the whole US government and all of its politicians.    My favorite thing was all of the stuff about speaker wires, like they are directional, and need to be broken in....  Or that transistor amps sound "cold"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree that vinyl is overrated.  Snap, crackle, pop - and you always have to flip the disk.  So much nicer to listen to Abbey Road from start to finish.

I only hooked up the turntable once after getting married and ditched both the player and record collection years before they got popular again.

I don't even want to know what folks are paying for some of those vintage albums on ebay,  And new ones ain't cheap either - if you've checked prices lately.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a box full of albums I haven't looked at for 30 years other than moving them from house to house as I moved.  So easy to just Youtube stuff for free.  I still have some big speakers yet too. Just haven't been able to part with them. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a big pile of albums, Barry. Talk to any good DJ Steve-O, see what they say about vinyl. Or Neil Young. He's got a book on it. (Well, half the book, anyway) It has it's place.

Phase II done...all stuff cleared out,new wires all routed and phased, labeled, new ends soldered on, and ready to plug in. System is a go. Even found my old Koss Pro cans in with the records...! Debating placement of other pieces....hmmm....better sleep on it.
Now for the new toob hookup and dial in tomorrow morning....

Took three guys to get that cow of an oak stereo center down the stairs into rec room.
Was a lotta blue air for a bit.  :doah:  :rotflmao:

Time to grab some grub.  :tongue:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 05:58:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wheres the window rattling sub ?  Gots to have one of them..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know. This stand is way smaller than the pic I ordered it from....box was over my head in height. Then I started putting it together...O Sh**@  Gonna have to leave out a few audio things, looked all over and could not find a stand I liked to fit all the gear. Bad time of year when folks are buyin' new toobs...cuz they're also buying the stands, I found out. Gonna have to do for now, dang it! I'm looking at some Sony soundbars, but the budget is wiped out right now.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 07:29:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Phase III done......old entertainment centers make great ice fishing gear centers!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 to start the day here heading for a high of 22. Going to be in the mid 30s over the weekend. That should ease up on the wood consumption some. Bonus meeting was pretty good yesterday. Have a little $$$ to put towards a new truck. Going to go to I-Falls tomorrow to look at one that just came in. I think we found the one. The down side is now I will have a truck payment again. Been 9 years without one. Then get our buts home so I can get that fish house finished. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 28* presently & gonna hit 40* today. Had my car looked at yday & it was kind of what I feared as the tire was shot. So they put a new 1 on. Nothin important on the list today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  14 here going for the low 20's today..  got a few things to do today, mostly indoors...  well my doctor visit went as I was thinking..  I have 40 to 50% loss of blood flow to my lower legs and feet..  1st choise do nothing or forge ahead..  I picked move ahead...  there is a blockage in my abdomen and could mean surgery, stints or balloons...  or a combination of them..  I have to go see him in Mpls. at the VA in late January or Feb. that sure had my head going for awhile yesterday..  well have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good to hear from Cookiemonster.  Also good to hear there is a progress report on your leg project Mike.  So what kind of truck are you getting JB?  Other than payments that is exciting.  I bet you slept well Rebs having that stuff all moved.  I got my fish house pulled over to the garage and will fire up the furnace today and fill propane tanks.  If that all pans out I am excited to get it out on the ice.  I went up and met some old friends up by the lake yesterday.  Border Bait up there is going to carry my Lindell Ice Rigs now so that is great!  They also rent out some nice motel type apts. which I wasn't aware of.  Very nice too.  We are going to the Falls tomorrow too to do some shopping.  Don't need much but a nice drive for us.  Will eat there somewhere too.  Then back home for football and mayhaps some fishing.  I love sitting in my fishhouse.  As comfortable as my living room.  I need to make my MNO Ice Fishing 2019 sign so's I can get entered in the race.  Take care and have a great day!