Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902975 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You really like that graupel, don'tcha?  :bonk:

heck I had to look that up!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

I think he pours it on his cornflakes!!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12/30/19, 06:55:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You really like that graupel, don'tcha?  :bonk:

heck I had to look that up!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

I think he pours it on his cornflakes!!  ;)

with Gin??  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

at least I learned a new word!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  will I ever use it???????????????
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure! I gotta go take a graupel!  :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home.   Getting nasty out there.  Fortunately it is warm enough that the roads aren't icing up, but they are getting a lot of slop on them, and the wind is getting up.     

Now gotta go pick up wife at Ronald McDonald House at 3 at the end of her volunteer gig...   That could be fun.

So just wondered did you even bother to pick her up or since she must be where there are Quarter Pounders with cheese and Big Mac's up the whazoo did you just leave here there Del?  OR did she have a bag of burgers when you picked her up?  What was your motive on this whole deal Del???   And I am very curious about this..

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5 above here this morning heading for the mid teens for  high. Got all the snow move last night. I was rather surprised when i scooped out the ramp to the lake. There was all kinds of slush on the ice. I am hoping that it froze overnight where i smashed it down. Makes me wonder what it is like out on the lake now. Looking forward to the day off tomorrow. Otherwise, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellars. 19* and the wind finally stopped blowing. Quite a squall last evening. Blew out the place at 8:00 PM, and looks like there's another 1.5" on everything again. Gonna be a take it easy day. Got some jumbo shrimp thawing in the fridge, and the cocktail snausages melding in that new BBQ sauce, sans bourbon. Going in the fondue pot tonite to simmer while I eat the shrimp cocktail and other goodies. Funny, I've had the same thing every New Years for about 30 years now...my life-long buddy remarked that the other day. Shrimp, cocktail snausages in BBQ sauce, assorted cheeses, salami, herring, crackers. And the same fondue pot that I got for Christmas in '76 is still doing it. Hard to believe at least 30 some New Year's eves that little feller has been perking along.....it went with me from party to party. Sometimes saw more action than I did.
Have a good day and a safe and happy New Years eve, all.  :smiley:

« Last Edit: December 12/31/19, 06:56:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 here this morning..  only going to 16 today..  thats sounds like a good menu Reb!!  nothing special on the menu here!!  might go over to the resort for awhile but that is about it..  I think a burger and onion rings sounds good!!  stay safe today all!!  have a great day too!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  My Mom used to have that kind of stuff for us on Christmas Eve Rebs.  Used to love it too.  We are going to have a ribeye and lobster.  I may use the new Sou Vide thing for part of the operation.  Not a lot going on here for the day yet.  And that's ok. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 22* presently & goin for 26*. Well the big storm didn't amount to much here, might be 1" of snow out there, more wind than anything. Still bettin the visibility for those on the road as it was gettin dark wasn't good. Now they're sayin 40* tomorrow for us & almost that warm on Thursday. :crazy: I got a couple things off my list yday & still have a couple more left. 'Bout all for today, have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  My Mom used to have that kind of stuff for us on Christmas Eve Rebs.  Used to love it too.  We are going to have a ribeye and lobster.  I may use the new Sou Vide thing for part of the operation.  Not a lot going on here for the day yet.  And that's ok.

Bye golly, that's a good idea. Think I've still got a couple of those sale ribeyes in the freezer.....think I'll pull one out for tonite. Steak and shrimp. :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Steak and shrimp is what we are having for super tonite. :hubba: :hubba:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Snow amount was difficult to get a handle on at the ranch as it was so windy last nite. Best estimate is about 1.6" & in Bugtussle around 2.7". Still melting it out yet so no liquid equivalent precip amount. Closing out the books on 2019. Glad to be done with it. One of those years where every time you thought you saw light at the end of the tunnel, it was the train again. :huh: May 2020 be a damn site better.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/31/19, 09:43:17 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home.   Getting nasty out there.  Fortunately it is warm enough that the roads aren't icing up, but they are getting a lot of slop on them, and the wind is getting up.     

Now gotta go pick up wife at Ronald McDonald House at 3 at the end of her volunteer gig...   That could be fun.

So just wondered did you even bother to pick her up or since she must be where there are Quarter Pounders with cheese and Big Mac's up the whazoo did you just leave here there Del?  OR did she have a bag of burgers when you picked her up?  What was your motive on this whole deal Del???   And I am very curious about this..
Contrary to what many might think, there is  no McDonald's food served at Ronald McDonald house, except those little bags of apple slices.    It is more a sponsorship/naming rights type deal.   

For those who don't know, Ronald McDonald house provides "a home away from home" for families of sick children.  In the case of the Rochester house, it is children being treated at Mayo.   I guess Olmsted would qualify too but I have never heard of it.   

Some of the kids are outpatients and some are in various places in St Mary's for times ranging from a week or so up to a year or more. The come from all over the world, but the majority are from the 5 state area.   

The house receives financial support from the local McDonalds operator as well as the corporation, but a major part of the budget comes from donations from the community.   It has a large volunteer staff as well as paid staff.   

With the new $15 million expansion that was just completed, the house can now serve 70 families.    I think it is a truly amazing place that serves a genuine need.   

And my motive?   Her volunteer shift was done.   We stopped at Chic-fil-A on the way home.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You forgot to mention Ed started it....

https://intheloop.mayoclinic.org/2019/07/16/remembering-ed-pompeian-a-gift-of-life-to-many/

With all that running around, I fully expected you to stop and grab me that 50 ml bottle of bourbon I needed..... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
to expand on the Ronald McDonald house, i'm not certain if they still have them but they collect tabs from pop and beer cans from people. I've been saving them for years and the proceeds, and i'm not sure how they sell them, but goes to support the Ronald mcdonalds house. I lot of schools have small contests between the grades to see who can collect the most. I currently give them to on of our administrative assistance!!! 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, they still do, Glenn.They collected about a zillion tabs this summer.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...….loungey type day. coworker said why come in so...i'm at home working!!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gotta do a little snow shoveling yet. oh well.

we are having ribeyes on the charcoal grill and lobster tail. from rebs favorite store, Hyvee. along with that hash browns and Mikeys favorite brussel sprouts!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
to expand on the Ronald McDonald house, i'm not certain if they still have them but they collect tabs from pop and beer cans from people. I've been saving them for years and the proceeds, and i'm not sure how they sell them, but goes to support the Ronald mcdonalds house. I lot of schools have small contests between the grades to see who can collect the most. I currently give them to on of our administrative assistance!!!

we used to take them right to a McDonald's!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, they still do, Glenn.They collected about a zillion tabs this summer.  :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: I know i'm still saving them. I got pissed at my mom this past fall. we had quite a collection at the cabin and she threw them out. she said she didn't thing anyone was saving them. :tut:  told her the the hell do you think I was saving them for.  :confused: :confused: :angry2: considering her and dad got me into doing it...………….

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

we used to take them right to a McDonald's!!!
they used to give out these little boxes to put them in.  I have 2 of them at home and 1 at the cabin.

when we still had the camper a few also saved them, at the end of the summer i'd have a bread bag filled with them……… that's a lot of pepsi cans!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/31/19, 10:58:30 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea right pepsi!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea right pepsi!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
alright, there might be a few shasta tabs!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard all Mikey's are saved at the bar in a wheelbarrow................  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12/31/19, 11:50:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tap beer most of the time there...

and yes we saved them too!!!  we had tons of people helping us too!!!!    we made some bars look bad when turned in!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/31/19, 11:52:39 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tap?!  Ewwww! No longnecks??!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You forgot to mention Ed started it....

https://intheloop.mayoclinic.org/2019/07/16/remembering-ed-pompeian-a-gift-of-life-to-many/

With all that running around, I fully expected you to stop and grab me that 50 ml bottle of bourbon I needed..... ;)

Don't know your address or you might have found something on your stoop.   

As for Ed, he was a founder of the gift of life transplant house, different place.    The McDonald house in Rochester was started as Northland house, by four local families including Bill and Barb Wenick.   I was unable to find the names of the other 3 families.   

And RMH started out as Northland house.   Phil Henoch was the driving force in getting the McD support.   
PS as a bit of trivia I was in Cardiac Rehab on Gonda 4 with Ed and his wife back in 2005...
-------------------------
Four Rochester, Minnesota area families united together around a common vision: to provide a home-away-from-home for families with seriously ill children. Today, the Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota carries out their dream, serving an ever-increasing number of families in need of comfort, care and hope.

These families reached out to doctors, nurses, social workers, business leaders and community members with a goal of securing a home for families with ill children, a home where children, siblings and parents could support one another as they shared similar medical scenarios – as well as a home where they could share the responsibility and costs, of day-to-day living.

In 1980, they realized their goal with the formation of Northland Children’s Services, a nonprofit organization established to operate a 12-bedroom home for families with seriously ill children.

The House, located at 613 Second St. SW, operated for 10 years as Northland House. Then, due to the efforts of a strong core of volunteers as well as the support of then McDonald’s owner/operator Phil Henoch, the Northland House was invited to become a licensed Ronald McDonald House® in 1990.

The affiliation with Ronald McDonald House® gave children and their families a common “face” to look for, a smiling clown after whom the home is named. It also provided higher visibility and recognition in our own community, and enhanced our ability to raise much-needed funds to support daily operations.

The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota operated for another five years at its original site on Second Street. In the meantime, an active board was pursing expansion opportunities and set its site on a new, accessible home, that would serve even more children and families each year.
---------------

And yes they still have the little houses to put your pop tabs  in.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey people's,  the company the Mrs. Works for sent a crew over to the Ronald house with a big fat check and volunteered making meals, they give all the volunteers a tour of the living,  eating and hanging out spots tge families go thru,  pretty humbling I guess. Tge roads were still pretty bad earlier but now the sun and tge chemicals are eating away at the ice. The kids will be here tonight and their dogs so it'll be fun, basement is stocked with firewood in case that's what we do.. Later, stay safe all!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy New Year everyone.  Nothing special for us tonight.  Staying home and I have to go to work tomorrow.  I told my boss I"m going to give this thing up but I will give him time so he can get someone else from another store in their franchise.  New year and resolutions that probably will be broken in short order LOL.  Loose weight and fish more.  Fish more probably will out do the loose weight.  Safer to stay home on new years eve.  For some reason I had to log in today???? What's up with that?  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I had to log in the other day too.  We still save tabs.  I just take them to the drive in window at McD's here.  I always wonder if the keep them or throw them out????   Where did you get the boxes Glenn?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My dad picked a bunch up at one point. I believe it was a McDonald's. I don't eat the much so I don't know if they have any.