Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901216 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Happy 2020 all! Gee, I'm the first on here since last year!  :rotflmao: Made it until 10:00 last nite, then lights out. Might make my (as Glenn says) world famous shrimp fried rice today. Those jumbo shrimp were a slight bit chewy, different. Taste was good, but strange texture. Chopped up and cooked in the rice will fix that. Along with leftover snausages, that's dinner! Have a good New Years day, guys!   :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 06:23:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy New years boys. 4 above here this morning heading for the mid 20s today. I don't think we made it until 10 last night. Had a big steak and shrimp last night. And a few beers while I was cooking. It was delicious and after eating we both crashed. I slept all the way to 6:30. Felt good. Just plan to puts around today. Need to fill the wood shed with wood. If all goes well I may even drag a fish house out on the lake. Have a good start to 2020 boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  yup it's a new year!!!  got to remember 2020 now!!!  my sign in has changed to where I have to run the arrow over the empty boxs and my name and pass word come up..  click on that and I'm in...  changed awhile back..  went over to the resort for awhile last night, that was fun and ate some good food!!!  home by 745 and was in bed by 1030 as usual!!!  not much today so I'm just going to enjoy it!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
happy new year  guys. starting to get stir crazy  my sister is sending me some yoga stuff as I some how have to also rest my brain?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she loves ya cookie!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 08:51:40 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there, Cookie! A few guys brains are always at rest on here.... :whistling:  :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 22*now & we're on our way to 40*, I guess. :scratch: It doesn't look like the wind is goin back to to north 'til Friday as we're 'sposed to make upper 30's tomorrow yet. A little extra HH yday but still home by 7:30-8, another beer & a little Aldi's pizza put the finishing touches on my night. Gophers are on at noon, other than that not a lot planned. Have a good NY's Day everybody. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there, Cookie! A few guys brains are always at rest on here.... :whistling:  :rotflmao:

sweet maybe I can get some advise
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yoo hoo!  Glenn!!!!!!!! Someone needs ya!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/20, 08:58:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and welcome to the new year!  I did cook the lobster and steak in the Sous Vide last night and they were a little over done but still good.  Gonna take it easy today and spend time with the wife.  Gophers at noon as Gunner said.  We have sleet and snow on the way.  Right now watching High Plains Drifter on History Channel.  Looks like all day of old Clint Eastwood movies.  Classics!!   I think I will adopt RH's resolutions too.  I will try to lose one lb and go fishing more.  LOL  Have a great day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yoo hoo!  Glenn!!!!!!!! Someone needs ya!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:
:mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers...…..we hit the hay by 10 pm. my ribeye rolled across he grates where tasty!!!! another putzy day, watch the gophers for a while till they get smoked and work on turtle shell clocks. wanna take a trip to koronis and check out whats going on at bug bee hive and try and convince him to come on over here to give reports and updates. i'm sure with mt charming personality he'll jump all over that!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's tgat be cool Glenn, hes a good guy. Yep lps watchin pale rider now til the gophers play. We made til 10:30 but that's the norm anyhow,  just another night if ya aks me.Not much really on the agenda besides rest up for 2 days of bustin butt then weekend is back. Thing that stinks it's a long haul til another day off it seems.  See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evenin' gang! 25 at choretime and topped out about 36. Made it thru part of the first Gunsmoke last nite and that was about it. Had to drag a dead out this a.m. but she'd had a good life. Ewe was ~10 years old. Luckily I managed a nap late morning to conserve my strength. Football overload today. Good day to kick back and munch on anything edible that happened to get in my way. Time to let Ruby out, give her fresh water and some food altho I think she got enough stuff today it probably isn't necessary.  :rolleyes:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folksters. 31* and headed for 37* or so today. Got hit with a dynamite headache and severe gut rot yday. I'd suspicion those shrimp; we all know where they come from, but the headache is throwin' it off. Also I couldn't get warm, then I was too warm, etc.  Hope I don't haveta sit in the bathroom again today, they're doing sewer re-lining work on my street, right out front, and no water usage, toilet flushing, etc. from 8:00 am to 4:00 PM. Guess I'll haveta go sit on a snowbank..... :rolleyes: 
 Have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/20, 06:30:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27* here this morning and that I believe is the high for today. Going to drop into the teens throughout the day. Yesterday I split wood and loaded the woodshed for about 3 hours. Good exercise, but it just keeps reminding me to get the log splitter fixed. I have tomorrow off of work. Friends are coming up this evening to go fishing. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and that will be the high today here...   going in Alex this morning and get a few things..  including pork roasts!!  a good day of football yesterday!! not a lot going on so have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 32* here & we may get close to 40* again today. Just a football day yday here too, was good to see the Gophers pull it out. That PJ really gets fired up. ;) :laugh: Pretty short list again today :cool:, see what comes my way. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........back at work...........1 more day closer to retirement!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here right now.  Glad we didn't get any of that winter mix here last night.  Now we just need to get Jan. under our belt.  So Glenn you are finally counting...  LOL  Does your wife work Glenn?  I wish my wife could retire but she has to work for a few more years.  At least that gives me a little time to get in trouble without her yelling at me.  Great game yesterday.  Got close a few times but man the Gophers are just a tough team on Offense and Defense.  They got it done.  I kept thinking we would be watching the Vikes the next day as a Sat and Sun deal.  The wife said tomorrow is Thursday and snapped me back to reality.  The coach of the other team looked like a mad individual.  All he did was gripe it looked to me.  At times I would see PJ and a ref laughing at things.  He will get in their face too but at least knows how to smile.  That is a good thing!  I have to run to town today too.  Maybe later this morning.  Well youse guys have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here right now.  Glad we didn't get any of that winter mix here last night.  Now we just need to get Jan. under our belt.  So Glenn you are finally counting...  LOL  Does your wife work Glenn?  I wish my wife could retire but she has to work for a few more years.  At least that gives me a little time to get in trouble without her yelling at me.  Great game yesterday.  Got close a few times but man the Gophers are just a tough team on Offense and Defense.  They got it done.  I kept thinking we would be watching the Vikes the next day as a Sat and Sun deal.  The wife said tomorrow is Thursday and snapped me back to reality.  The coach of the other team looked like a mad individual.  All he did was gripe it looked to me.  At times I would see PJ and a ref laughing at things.  He will get in their face too but at least knows how to smile.  That is a good thing!  I have to run to town today too.  Maybe later this morning.  Well youse guys have a good one.
  iwas thinking about it this fall of 2020. i will be 63 in sept..........but decided i'm having so much fun being a union thug i'm thinking of waiting till the fall of 2021. in all seriousness i get bored to easy, even on a simple 2 day weekend if i dont have something to do i go stir crazy and my wife can pick that up in a split second.

no she doesnt work she is on SSD. for about 2 years. after 2 knees replaced and both hips replaced with the MRRSA infection they deemed her unable to do much to meet the criteria of essential functions of the job. i do think she can work part time if she wanted.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]  iwas thinking about it this fall of 2020. i will be 63 in sept..........but decided i'm having so much fun being a union thug i'm thinking of waiting till the fall of 2021. in all seriousness i get bored to easy, even on a simple 2 day weekend if i dont have something to do i go stir crazy and my wife can pick that up in a split second.

no she doesnt work she is on SSD. for about 2 years. after 2 knees replaced and both hips replaced with the MRRSA infection they deemed her unable to do much to meet the criteria of essential functions of the job. i do think she can work part time if she wanted.
[/quote]
Glenn, I thought I would be bored also when I retired at 60, but I can’t believe how busy I am. I can’t ever seem to get caught up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Retirement is a big step.  I loved days off.  BUT when you have all days off it can be daunting.  It takes some adjustments in the way you look at things.  I am enjoying it now but there were some days I didn't know if I was having fun or not.  I talked to a buddy of mine who retired in August.  I said isn't it great to still be in sweats with a cup of coffee when you kiss the wife goodbye as she heads to work.  LOL  He said are you kidding.  My wife would be mad as heck at me if I did that.  ?????   He gets up and gets dressed and leaves to plow snow or some other project before she leaves for work.. again?????  WOW!!!  I couldn't handle that kind of atmosphere at home.  Like Coop.  I have things to do all of the time and I don't want to get them all done today.  I think that is the adjustment.  You can always do it tomorrow if you don't get it done today.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why I'm still up by 7:00 am or earlier. Haveta have "soft" plans on what you intend to do today...groceries,then errands and running around.  Next day, clean house, wash clothes...then little projects, paint some trim, next day the deck, etc. And, more often than not, I'll end up making myself a major project. If ya just wander around, you'll go nuts. But, make sure if things look good, drop it all and go fishing.  :azn:   :fish2:
« Last Edit: January 01/02/20, 09:21:55 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
trust me i'm trying to do what you guys are saying, convincing myself of that stradegy. i have talked to a few of my neighbors that are retired, they have parttime jobs. i think that would be fine, but..............i am of the opinion.......if you like what you do, why work part time somewhere else.......just keep what your doing............

decisions.........decisions!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's like SEKS, Glenn...if ya like what yer doing, do it for as long as ya can!   :bonk:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
trust me i'm trying to do what you guys are saying, convincing myself of that stradegy. i have talked to a few of my neighbors that are retired, they have parttime jobs. i think that would be fine, but..............i am of the opinion.......if you like what you do, why work part time somewhere else.......just keep what your doing............

decisions.........decisions!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
Good point Glenn. I left a very high stress, high pressure job I was at for 25 years. At the end I hated it. I also thought that if I got bored I would get a part time job, but that hasn’t happened yet.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's like SEKS, Glenn...if ya like what yer doing, do it for as long as ya can!   :bonk:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :happy1:

definetly better then trying to help sell a friends auger,,,,,,,thats fer sure!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I finnaly got to the point where I am enjoying retirement!!!  it took a while only because I retired to care for my late wife.. went from 100mph to zero in a heart beat...  now no matter what I get done it's never all done!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

and I love it!!!  and my job was pure politics and heck in the end.... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i retire.....my wife will send me north!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :Clap: :Clap: :happybounce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i retire.....my wife will send me north!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :Clap: :Clap: :happybounce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

she just wants ya frozen into the lake!!!!