Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903224 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
-1* and clear here, headed for 18*. Ya, I saw that, JB. Nope, haven't been able to carry at the Fair for many years. Was some hoopla back some years ago, when they put up the signs banning guns, whether or not they could do that, since it's a public/state venue, which means you can't. They argued it's a private enterprise, as I recall......and you can ban on private property. Anyway, you can't carry at the fair.
Now, does this means pocket knives and such with the detectors? Who knows.  :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/20, 07:19:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, +1 this morning!!  the only down side to this it seems is it's going to be cloudy all week the way it sounds..  still better than -20!!!  got a few things to do today so time to get started, first more coffee!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have -1* & might get close to 20* today. Made it to Austin a little after 2 yday & ran out to talk to Sis as she was working. We plan on closing out Mom's safety deposit box today & Sis's name is on that so it shouldn't be to much of a hassle. Might be some more stuff in there we need to look into so better get at it. That's all I've got today so I better roll. Hope your Tuesday is a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
-1* and clear here, headed for 18*. Ya, I saw that, JB. Nope, haven't been able to carry at the Fair for many years. Was some hoopla back some years ago, when they put up the signs banning guns, whether or not they could do that, since it's a public/state venue, which means you can't. They argued it's a private enterprise, as I recall......and you can ban on private property. Anyway, you can't carry at the fair.
Now, does this means pocket knives and such with the detectors? Who knows.  :confused:

Do they sell pocket knives at the fair?   :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 3 above at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Had a great visit at Uncle Reb's yesterday. He bought me lunch at Charlie's (Rueben with real 1000 island dressing) and I got a container of his WF bean soup as a lovely parting gift. See glenn? It even says so on the label!  :rotflmao: Got my quick hitch at NT and headed back. Roads were improved most of the way home but at least they were still crappy in the People's Republic of Steele Co. Some things never change... :doah:

Interesting on the State Fair. A lot of those livestock trailers come in equipped with S&W's. Be curious to see how many of those get discovered.  :scratch:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like this weather is going to be nice for a couple of weeks maybe.   :happy1: That will shorten up winter some.  Have to run to town to pay bills and get a haircut today.  Go some shipping to do too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 3 above at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Had a great visit at Uncle Reb's yesterday. He bought me lunch at Charlie's (Rueben with real 1000 island dressing) and I got a container of his WF bean soup as a lovely parting gift. See glenn? It even says so on the label!  :rotflmao: Got my quick hitch at NT and headed back. Roads were improved most of the way home but at least they were still crappy in the People's Republic of Steele Co. Some things never change... :doah:

Interesting on the State Fair. A lot of those livestock trailers come in equipped with S&W's. Be curious to see how many of those get discovered.  :scratch:
:tut: :tut: yea well he can expect to hear from my attorney in short order.......WF in my trademark!!!!!!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd::rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring it on, peanut!  Reb's Kitchen has the Reistered Trademark. Yer just jealous of real WF smoky bean soop.  :moon:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/20, 11:18:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring it on, peanut!  Yer just jealous of real WF smoky bean soop.  :moon:
ha......PIFFLE...................... :tut: :tut: :tut:

yea not sure what to think of this state fair stuff. guess i havent heard of any issues with this kind of stuff there.

pocket knives.........i carry on e religiously......i'll just leave it in the car if i ever go back to the state fair.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I lost my NRA pocket knife last week....., :angry2: Was running late for court, and put on the pants that had it in 'em. Went thru the metal detector..*BEEP*BEEP*, I took it out, and  jerks confiscated it, and I used to work with one of 'em!  "That's a felony, ya know, Mark".....said they couldn't give it back later.  O bite me!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lost a kershaw leek to TSA a couple years ago.  Put it in wrong suitcase  by accident.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there's no reason they can't give that stuff back on your way out the door.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 That's great you guys had a good lunch,  bet it's safe to say Ruebens are a hit with all of us. Afternoon peoples, not much different over this away just hoping we have some good drivable ice this weekend. I hear ya Glenn,  wf is your baby!!  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 to start the day here, heading for the mid 20s again today. The ole wood burner is liking this kind of weather. Sounds like the ole gun gathering in Hibbing got a little heated yesterday. Amazing what kind of resistance they run into when they get outside of the metro area. Sure wish they would have more of those around the state. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here going for 32..  that will nice!!!  going to Alex to get supplies..  it's been a couple weeks so I do need a few things..  sounds like the winds slowed down, it was really windy yesterday!!  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That would have been interesting to see that at Hibbing.  A buddy of mine who retired right after I did is coming over today.  We need to do a welding fix on his snow plow.  I don't think it is anything real serious.  We can handle it.  SO I had to go out and get the wood stove going already.  AND that means the horses will be standing looking at me when I come out of the garage and the dogs love to go out to the barn whilst I feed Bucko and Jiggsy some oats.  The dogs find a treat or two also..  So it has been a busy day already.  Enjoying my faux coffee right now.  Gonna be a great day.  I also have to run to town with Buddy to mail a letter.  Loving this weather. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What happened at Hibbing? Us southern folk don't get that news.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folksters. 28* with wind, snow, snow, and more snow on the way next two days. Then sleet, freezing rain, drizzle, snizzle, and maybe graupel etc. for tomorrow. I ain't gonna do nuttin'....wait until it's all over then go out and blow/shovel. Have a good one guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 01/22/20, 08:33:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........... was a real light mist driving in this morning.

yesterday i had to to a bank run for the hall. its in maple grove so i take 10 down to 169. when i crossed the sippi bridge in Anoka i noticed that the ice was really building up and backing up on the river.

this morning on the way in on 10 in elk river the river comes close to the road right by the old elk river garbage burner power plant. i noticed alot of ice build up and the river has really come up alot in recent days. with this long strech of warmer weather i suspect there may be some flooding soon!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, back in Ia as of ~ 2:15 yday. The weather changed our plans so we came home. We have 29* at the moment & they're sayin 31* will be high. Got some  :snow5: comin down now that started out as some sleet/freezing rain early, 5-5:30 ish. Looks like the snow will be stickin around most of the day too  :pouty:, so most of my activities today will be indoors. That's all today from back south of the border, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here going for 32..  that will nice!!!  going to Alex to get supplies..  it's been a couple weeks so I do need a few things..  sounds like the winds slowed down, it was really windy yesterday!!  have a good day all!!!
ran outta beer huh!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What happened at Hibbing? Us southern folk don't get that news.....

There was a hearing on the proposed gun control measures they are trying to pass in the legislator. The repubs wanted to have the hearing outside of the metro so they could hear from some different voices. I think they should have them all over the state instead of just down in there little huddle hole.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, JB. I'd agree with that....get it out where the real people are, not in the big city where the stuffed-shirt wingnuts are who never have a clue.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, JB. I'd agree with that....get it out where the real people are, not in the big city where the stuffed-shirt wingnuts are who never have a clue.
iffin i remember right, your shirt was a little stuffed.......aka tight.............just sayin!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Excuse me? Please explain.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime and at the forecast high of 34 presently. A wintry mix overnite so crappy roads locally just keep getting crappier. In Bugtussle, melted out .26" of water out of the slush in the bottom of the gauge. Light snow falling now. At least the temps are moderate. Was planning on getting some hay but punted on that idea until tomorrow. Somehow pulling an empty livestock trailer on glare ice with water on top of the ice ain't my idea of a good time. Watched some poor bastard in a Culligan van on my way in have all he could do to keep it on the road. That was a clue.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ran outta beer huh!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nope, besides I get beer in Sauk Center....  I finally got my 2 99cent pork butts from Cubs today..  got one swimming in apple juice from concentrate as I write this so tomorrow the crack pot will cooking away!!!  just about forgot to get eggs so I can make a breakfast burrito egg bake...