Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900504 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
almost looks like thats how i do it!!!!!!!  :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No prob. Do we have to kiss now?  :tongue:  Lotsa folks that don't live down here in Swampville  always say "so ya get some flooding"....ya, when we get it, we GET it. It destroyed my Dads entire store and business in '78, and I think,ultimately, his life. I was right there in the middle of it. The business was his life. He died a few years later at the age of 60. So, flooding just really hits home with me.

https://youtu.be/huvYwuHWM3A

Yeah that was something all right.   They were launching boats from the awning over the door of kmart.    Then they spend a whole bunch of money on flood control.   And then built a bunch of houses and apartments on the stuff that flooded all the time, like behind shopko south.    Maybe this spring will be a real test of how well it works, and whether letting them build all over the former flood plain was a good idea.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Got the taxes done and E-filed this morning, and actually getting a little bit back.  :dancinred:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Brrrrr...for us down here in the watermelon belt, anyway.  ;)

Wednesday
Night

Wednesday

Low: -10 °F

Thursday

Thursday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Wind chill values as low as -28. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.

Cold

High: 0 °F

Thursday
Night

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -15. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm  in the evening.

Mostly Clear

Low: -15 °F

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to Minnesota Rev, it is winter time. Evening peoples, day two is a done deal looking forward to a  homemade chicken parmigiana sammich, paired with what I have no idea, maybe chips. Not much else new bedsides I gots to get over soon and see remi's pups, sounds like they are super duper little chits, he done well... see ya!!
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 05:36:23 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup. The really cold stuffs never bothered me. I'll take it anyday over the snow.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya, but being in it all day I'll take the snow. Then again this has been a pretty soft winter cold wise in these parts..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of pups?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and that is the high too..  and it's really going to drop tonight!!  it's only a couple days this time..  going to Alex this morning and get a few things, one being top sirloin steak for $4.99 a pound..  I enjoy a good steak!!!  only have a few things to do other wise today!!  have a good day all!!  Hey Bobber how were the pups doing?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 7 when I got up at 4:30 and -3 on the way into work. Supposed to be -13 by 10 or 11. We got an inch or so of snow overnight and the wind is howling out of the NW this morning. Made for some crappy road conditions on the way in this morning. Which also means I will need to move the fish house out of the big donut hole before fishing this weekend. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's a balmy 23* here & they're sayin we'll hit 33* today. Looks like it'll be late afternoon(~4) before the wind goes NW & the temps really start droppin here. Been pretty lucky this winter so I'm not gonna  :violin: :cry:. Need to call the barber early this mornin & maybe stop out to the thrift store as I need some paintin clothes. Not much else here, hope your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.   Cold and windy here too.  Interesting how she used a piece of carpet to clean the fish on.  Not as slippery I suppose.  Messier though so good to do it outside.  Not sure what is going on today but not much outside that's for sure.  Got fresh hay to the horses so all is well.  Widened the driveway with the plow yesterday in case we get an amount of snow here in the next day or so.  Looks like it is hung up in ND and that is ok with me.  Feeling better today too.  Haven't felt real bad but tired and sort of respiratory thing.  My clean living kicked that!  :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's a balmy 23* here & they're sayin we'll hit 33* today. Looks like it'll be late afternoon(~4) before the wind goes NW & the temps really start droppin here. Been pretty lucky this winter so I'm not gonna  :violin: :cry:. Need to call the barber early this mornin & maybe stop out to the thrift store as I need some paintin clothes. Not much else here, hope your Wednesday's a good 1.
you gonna paint fish pictures!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.......33 degrees here for now. weather terrorists got all kinds of alerts and warnings out. :crazy: :doofus:

got news last nite settled a grievance before arbitration next friday so..gotta get some paperwork delivered.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner: Paintin' clothes from the Thrift store? Don't grab all the good ones; Glenn still needs some go-to-meetin' clothes! Since it's also so warm there, maybe just grab some pedal pushers...or a thong?  :shocked:   :censored:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner: Paintin' clothes from the Thrift store? Don't grab all the good ones; Glenn still needs some go-to-meetin' clothes! Since it's also so warm there, maybe just grab some pedal pushers...or a thong?  :shocked:   :censored:
:pouty: :pouty: nice to see ya finally hauled your sorry butt outta bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad nite. Stoopid shoulder was killin' me. About 3 hours sleep. Gonna be a real productive day... :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
you gonna paint fish pictures!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.......33 degrees here for now. weather terrorists got all kinds of alerts and warnings out. :crazy: :doofus:

got news last nite settled a grievance before arbitration next friday so..gotta get some paperwork delivered.
:tut: :mooning: No I WAS gonna paint some pictures of you catchin, oh wait  :doah: :bonk: .............that won't work! :sleazy: :evil: ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.   Cold and windy here too.  Interesting how she used a piece of carpet to clean the fish on.  Not as slippery I suppose.  Messier though so good to do it outside.  Not sure what is going on today but not much outside that's for sure.  Got fresh hay to the horses so all is well.  Widened the driveway with the plow yesterday in case we get an amount of snow here in the next day or so.  Looks like it is hung up in ND and that is ok with me.  Feeling better today too.  Haven't felt real bad but tired and sort of respiratory thing.  My clean living kicked that!  :sleazy:
That is how I was feeling about a week ago. Better now too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all that hay dust.  :rotflmao:  Feel better!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning...  woke up at 0430 to 28 degrees.   Currently, -6 degrees with enough wind to create a winter wonderland of oz  Just plain cold!!    Think it's just going to be a good day to just stay low until this system passes. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey there Scenic..welcome! Where are you at, location wise?

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you.   In that Bemidji area.    You?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you.   In that Bemidji area.    You?
welcome aboard scenic!!!!! :happy1:

rebs from rochester.............be careful of him........he's TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

scenic is a friend from the past glad ya joined!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be sure to watch out for Rebs then. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's then dropping to -17 for an overnite low. Another set of twins last nite during chores so the inn is about full. Might have to move some to roony's garage so we have more room.  :scratch: Welcome Scenic! See you know our resident pot stirrer glenn. We won't hold that against you. :rotflmao: One of my good friends is a Bemidji area feller realtor. A real character to be sure.  :happy1:

PS- I promise I won't bring this one roony!  ;)

https://twitter.com/Animalsandfools/status/1227338643431444481
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 11:43:56 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch.   And thanks for not holding knowing the "pot stirrer" against me.   I know a few of the agents in this area.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch.   And thanks for not holding knowing the "pot stirrer" against me.   I know a few of the agents in this area.

welcome and yes Glenn is trouble!!  that's a great area to be from!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybounce: ::welcome:: Scenic, I'm just south(~ 40 miles) of the Ia/Mn border now but grew up in Austin. Spend most of the year up your way though in the Sand/Bowstring area. :cool: Pretty close, maybe a little too close ;) :laugh:, to glenn up there.
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 03:12:41 PM by Gunner55 »