Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4941834 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 this morning heading for a high of 33 today. Back to the salt mines today. Still working thru the crud, but it is improving.  :happy1: Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Bright sunny morning here.  Chance of some snow later on this afternoon.  I got most of the deck cleared off of the packed snow and ice.  Maybe I should just shovel it better.  LLL  Would be easier and then I could roll the grill easier.  DUH!  Was a nice weekend.  Loving this warming up weather. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 31* now & 'sposed to hit 36* later. Lookin like we'll be in the 40's all week until next weekend when they're talkin 50's. I've got a couple items on my to do list today so I better go, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........yep its monday!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: man there sure wasnt much traffic this morning......found that odd!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

also seen something odd..NO not boar!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: driving on 23 i noticed a deer laying off the road abit in a small patch of grass, looking towards the road. there were a couple of them crows  so wondering if was a mom and fawn and one got hit???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, seen that before to Glenn, the deer was hit and had broken legs so she just layed there..  sad but true..  22 going for 32 today..  looks to me like it's going to be a good day too!!!  even with Glenn yapping!!  sorry Glenn, Mornin!!! have a good day all!!
« Last Edit: March 03/02/20, 08:28:10 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
moenin all, seen that before to Glenn, the deer was hit and had broken legs so she just layed there..  sad but true..  22 going for 32 today..  looks to me like it's going to be a good day too!!!  even with Glenn yapping!!  sorry Glenn, Mornin!!! have a good day all!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

this deer didnt seem to be hurt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
« Last Edit: March 03/02/20, 08:37:49 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-30's. Cloudy presently but supposed to be sunny as the day wears on. I see a 40% chance of snow suddenly appeeared for tomorrow nite. It can't snow! The weather pundits keep babbling about it being meteorlogical spring!  :bs: Nothing going on in the lambing barn this a.m. of note. Everyone seemed satisfied with yesterday's decision making process, even the lamb I fished out from behind the water tank.  :scratch: Still not sure where the placenta from that one ewe wound up. If I find it, just one more thing I can mail to glenn!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-30's. Cloudy presently but supposed to be sunny as the day wears on. I see a 40% chance of snow suddenly appeeared for tomorrow nite. It can't snow! The weather pundits keep babbling about it being meteorlogical spring!  :bs: Nothing going on in the lambing barn this a.m. of note. Everyone seemed satisfied with yesterday's decision making process, even the lamb I fished out from behind the water tank.  :scratch: Still not sure where the placenta from that one ewe wound up. If I find it, just one more thing I can mail to glenn!  :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Years ago a friend of mine was real worried about going in when his wife gave birth but he got prepared mentally and did the deed.  He barely was able to handle it and when the placenta came out the Dr. who was trying to lighten things up says, "and here is the pizza".  My buddy probably still thinks about placenta when he sees a pizza. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Pizza? Lotsa Mozza? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It is kinda gross stuff to look at. The only time it gets to me is when there's a dead lamb a little overdone in there I have to pull out. The smell is about enough to make a guy gag. Otherwise it's just liquid and goo. That's what confused us yesterday. Two ewes each had lambs by their side when we stuck our head in the door not including the one I discovered a few minutes later behind the water tank. One of the ewes showed very little sign that she had lambed. Usually there's goo either stuck on their backside or still coming out of them. Sometimes ewes will claim lambs even tho they haven't lambed yet. Occasionally there's one that blasts the lamb and the placenta out standing up all in one fell swoop. Must be be what happened here.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Military/other training teaches you if yer gonna puke, eat a banana. Tastes the same coming up as it did going down.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pizza? Lotsa Mozza? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It is kinda gross stuff to look at. The only time it gets to me is when there's a dead lamb a little overdone in there I have to pull out. The smell is about enough to make a guy gag. Otherwise it's just liquid and goo. That's what confused us yesterday. Two ewes each had lambs by their side when we stuck our head in the door not including the one I discovered a few minutes later behind the water tank. One of the ewes showed very little sign that she had lambed. Usually there's goo either stuck on their backside or still coming out of them. Sometimes ewes will claim lambs even tho they haven't lambed yet. Occasionally there's one that blasts the lamb and the placenta out standing up all in one fell swoop. Must be be what happened here.  :confused:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: dont be knocking a good pizza!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... and when the placenta came out the Dr. who was trying to lighten things up says, "and here is the pizza".  My buddy probably still thinks about placenta when he sees a pizza.

Celebrity Moms Who Ate Their Own Placentas

:puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused:  Why would you want to eat it???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :confused:  Why would you want to eat it???
i'm uncertain in the human race, but dont the critters in the animal world eat it because its suppose to be good to help produce milk for the youngins????????? :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good grief! I didn't realize that eating human placenta by human females was a "thing" but then I don't get out much. Too busy looking for placenta in the lambing barn to mail to glenn for his pizza... :rotflmao: The theory behind ruminants doing it revolves around not leaving a large amount of attractant laying around for predators. Makes sense but it is disputed. If true, the instinct has become pretty weak as not that many of the ewes do it. Or at least I'm quicker than they are at getting the mess cleaned out of the pen. Frequently the ewe is focused on licking the lamb or lambs off and coaxing them to nurse, as it should be. That and eating hay and drinking water to rehydrate as well to keep the snack bar running at peak capacity.

Looks like from what I read about human females eating it (some males have been doing it too apparently :rolleyes:) it's to ward off post partum depression. No evidence that it works according to most medical people. Not sure what guys are supposed to get out of it but given some of the Hollywood types mentioned, nothing surprises me. And these are some of the same clowns trying to tell people how they should vote & think.  :scratch:     
« Last Edit: March 03/02/20, 04:11:15 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: well.............. :bonk: :bonk: :bow: :bow: :banghead: training-087 :taz: GEEZ.............sorry i responded!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :mad1:

:mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and you leave the poor mail carriers alone!!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When I mail your packages at the post office they always ask if it's liquid, flammable, explosive, etc., I always tell them "You have no idea..."  :shocked:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy smokes,  and were having homemade zas tonight. Afternoon peoples,  well changed oil in the pick em up but the little China men gave me the wrong air cleaner so back to the store I go  :angry2: . Dang the snow pack sure is taking a hit, i thought i did good on pooch piles over the winter but they keep showing up more and more. Well gots to start the placenta pizza soon gents.. :bonk: See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our pooch piles are exposed too so I actually fired up the plow truck and plowed it into the yard away from our field of view.  What is zas that you are having for supper? My corned beef turned out perfect and will have ruebens tonight and Mikes rueben casserole tomorrow. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds perfect lps, I am a big sucker for anything Rueben/corned beef related. Just slang for homemade pizza but I'm gonna hafta follow suit on the Rueben stuff, were gonna need pics..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 28 here going for 35 again..  quiet day here so I'm just going to enjoy that!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and according to TWC that will be the high for today. Got about an inch of snow last night. So it made for some not so good roads this am. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya we got an inch maybe two max.  Will shovel it off the deck instead of letting it freeze up and get hard this time.  May be just enough that I can plow the driveway too.   :sleazy:  Other than that not much going on here today.  And that's ok. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, currently we're sittin at 35* & on our way to 42*. There's more of that 15 mph NW wind today so it won't feel that warm again. It sure was runnin of the garage roof pretty good early yday though. :happy1: The back alley is startin to get sloppy too. I got all my important stuff done early yday, so I'll have to dig around for a project today. Don't want to be bored ;)........................... :whistling:. Hope your Tuesday is a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........had a lite dusting, it did make the roads a bit slippery, seen one car in the dirch!!!!!!

well that deer i seen laying in the ditch was gone so dats good to see. but man there are alot of dead deer along the roads!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

tomorrow a road trip is in order for sioux falls!!!!!!! hmmmm. where to have the big steak lunch?  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. A light dusting of snow overnite recorded as a trace at both the ranch and in Bugtussle. More lambs late yesterday so will need to move some more out of the lambing barn to the loafing area. First ewe to lamb last nite did exactly what I mentioned yesterday. She stood up, gave a little grunt and the lamb & most of glenn's Lotsa Mozza practically fell out of her. Very little evidence on the ewe's backside that anything ever happened. Not a lot on the slate other than to finish another column & feed the bottle lambs over lunchtime. I could see a short nap happening too.  :happy1:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: i'll never be able to look at a lotzza mottza the same again!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: i'll never be able to look at a lotzza mottza the same again!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just close your eyes and shovel it in!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

just close your eyes and shovel it in!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
:pouty: :pouty: :bonk:DUDE............. your not alot of help!!!!!!! :undecided: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: