Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903042 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am so glad they shut down the ice roads on the lake.  We went for a drive up to the lake yesterday to see what was going on.  Still some houses out there but not near as many.  Lots of resort houses are on shore or staged together to get them off in the next few days.  Now maybe things will quiet down here.  Man it is foggy out and getting thicker by the minute.  That is kind of fun.  May go buy some hay bales for the horses today.  Would like to get a few out in the pasture before it gets muddy out there.  After all it is spring you know.  Hope it starts feeling like it. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 33* to start & are on our way to 45* or so. Our rain is 'sposed to hold off 'til Wednesday(70%) then there's a decent chance(40%) of it right through Sunday. The river was pretty high again when we come home Friday, we did get close to 2" of rain here last Thursday though. A couple things going on early today, it'll be nice to get out of the house even if it's just for a bit. Not much else from just south of the border today, hope your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......yep hearing all kinds of rumors of this SHELTER IN PLACE stuff. guess i missed a conference call here at work friday regarding that!!!!!!! started a list of some stuff i may need to get before essential stores like fleet farm are forced to close.

man was the traffic light this morning!!!!!! :doofus:

what a difference a 2-3 hour drive north makes in snow cover. really started noticing it by crosby-ironton.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. .6" of snow at the ranch & .4" in Bugtussle proper in the overnite. Melted out to .06" & .04" of liquid equivalent respectively. Wouldn't be surprised if Walz decides to play the shelter in place card. They will need to define what are considered essential services and businesses. Everything I'm hearing is that agriculture will be considered essential as well it should be. We gotta keep livestock fed and the food supply chain going. And that brings up places like Fleet Farm. They sell plenty of livestock feed in these parts as well as pet food & some groceries so wondering how they'll handle that.

Dean Morgan, the meat market guy, and his daughter were out last night for a brief visit. We practiced our social distancing while his daughter played with the bottle lamb. He said business at the meat market is booming. They've been selling up to 500 lbs. of hamburger a day here in little old Bugtussle. His daughter may not get an opportunity to show a lamb this year if things keep going the way they are. Mrs. Cheviot has her State Fair livestock superintendent training scheduled so that's still a go tentatively but they've told her not to hire anybody yet which she never does this early anyway. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just came from Cenex where I stocked up on dog food x 3 and oats x 2 so I don't have to go back for awhile.  They said it is a good idea as they may close except for gas at the pump.  They are a convenience store, truck stop, feed store etc.  They will come in to help people stock up but will not be open for normal business.  She said the Warroad Cenex already closed up except for fuel at the pump.  There was a dumb woman in there saying well I'm not letting this change my lifestyle.  Good for her she then walked out or I would have said something to her concerning her lack of brains.....
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 10:44:30 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sounds like my neighbor kiddies. The daily parties with all the buddies  continue.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like my neighbor kiddies. The daily parties with all the buddies  continue.

And then when they run out of money they will file for food stamps and expect us to pay for them to survive.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta be soon. He ain't hardly worked 2 days last week, (For Daddy...fixing garage doors, and girlie friend is a barmaid)  and her not at all.  But, he's a real hotshot. Joe Cool. Hope his mortgage company really whams him with his payments. No breaks.
Sure is supporting the booze companies.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Goodie gumdrops...my Minnysoda REAL Id came today. Gee, now I can just hop on a plane and fly somewhere.... :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 12:12:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Goodie gumdrops...my Minnysoda REAL Id came today. Gee, now I can just hop on a plane and fly somewhere.... :doah:

finding an empty seat will be easy!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, bet I can even have the pilot's seat and fly the plane!   :police:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots to get by security first  :rotflmao: ;) . Afternoon peoples,  traffic has been pretty much the same to me lately.  They could shut lots down and it wouldn't bother me a bit, just head out to the cabin and I'll find plenty things to spend the time. Looking like tacos tonight so gotta run.. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Chili and home made bread tonight.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
ZZ Top released Eliminator on this date in 1983. I was living in north central ND ~6 miles from the Canadian border at the time. They'd play new albums on one of the Winnipeg rock stations after dark & it happened to be one of them. Only got 1 US TV station so watched a fair amount of Canadian TV. Had my receiver hooked up to the TV rooftop antenna. Dialed the rotor around and pointed it at Winnipeg. Recorded the album off the airwaves on cassette. Remarkable quality considering the technology of the day. Still have the cassette, complete with the DJ's comments. A fun listen & one of my favorite albums of all time.  :rocker; :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And I had just joined the PD.....remember me and my roommate grabbed that album at Shopko and about wore out my turntable. Still have it sittin' downstairs.  :cool:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Awesome tunes it is. I was 13 when that album was released. 28 here this morning heading for the mid 40s. Like Barry said the Cenex in Warroad shut down except for pay at the pump yesterday. No options to get bait or propane from them. Guess I will need to make some calls and find out if there is someone in Roseau or Baudette that will be open for minners. I heard da gub said if he does a SIP it could be for months. I think that is going to far. He can't do it for that long. Is trying to put everyone in the poor house. I still think this has been blown way out of proportion. Just another in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't minners classified as a needed commodity?  :scratch:   :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have a balmy 36* at the moment & are on our way to the upper 40's. I had no luck with my missions yday so I'll take another run at it today. I was out of the house a couple times yday & it appeared to me that there was still quite a few people out movin around. Not much else today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...... sure was foggy on the drive in................and there's getting to be less traffic each day. still pissed at the DNR!!!!!!!! :confused: :embarrassed:

getting to be alot of extra paperwork and added duties with this COVID crap!!!!!!! :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I canceled my eye Dr. appt for Thur.  It was just a checkup so no big deal.  When I have been in the eye clinic at Sanford in Bemidji it has always had people everywhere.  I don't need that.  27 here now and looks like a nice day outside.  JB if you need two or three bags of frozen shiners I have some you can have.  Let me know and I can meet you somewhere.  I will toss them to you.  LLL  Looking like we may get some rain today.  We still have lots of snow here so maybe the rain would help melt it.  Have a good day and don't hug anyone. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I canceled my eye Dr. appt for Thur.  It was just a checkup so no big deal.  When I have been in the eye clinic at Sanford in Bemidji it has always had people everywhere.  I don't need that.  27 here now and looks like a nice day outside.  JB if you need two or three bags of frozen shiners I have some you can have.  Let me know and I can meet you somewhere.  I will toss them to you.  LLL  Looking like we may get some rain today.  We still have lots of snow here so maybe the rain would help melt it.  Have a good day and don't hug anyone.
:tut: :tut:HEY....i'm hugging and squeezing dem fishing gals!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote] :tut: :tut:HEY....i'm hugging and squeezing dem fishing gals!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

I think we need to start a fantasy thread..... ;)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Made it through the weekend at work. Nice care pac were distributed. Some people in the hardest jobs got raises. We are all getting a bonus
 Pretty good for non union.
It was good to see my co workers after being off for a week taking care of the warden
Hope I didn't catch anything but America has to eat.
Stay Safe!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Things keep grinding along out here. There is a noticeable reduction in morning traffic however. I live on a backroad to Owatonna a lot of folks use to get to work. Or did. Rain on tap for tomorrow again and a messy weather week in general after that. Looks like we start to warm up and will see the sun on Sunday & Monday. That would help attitudes and get people outside where they can forget about some of this B.S. along with focusing on what really matters.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Barry. I will let you know if I need some. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: HEY....i'm hugging and squeezing dem fishing gals!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think we need to start a fantasy thread..... ;)

What we all really want right now...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi guys.  snuck out to wally world to pick up  a few things.  Somehow had run out of cooking oil among other things.   Not many people around.   Still some empty shelves but they were diligently restocking.

I see they have a geezer hour, 6-7 am on tuesday.   Buddy went to the geezer hour at sly vee yesterday.  Could hardly get down the aisle.   

Made appt to give blood tomorrow.   Might swing by costco on the way home.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I popped into Silver lake foods on the way back from the ceme....overflowing with food, all sorts of meat....but they had their egg's at $3.69 doz, limit one. No fake eggs, either.  :angry:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I popped into Silver lake foods on the way back from the ceme....overflowing with food, all sorts of meat....but they had their egg's at $3.69 doz, limit one. No fake eggs, either.  :angry:
eggbeaters?  that what you looking for ?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon all!!  made it to the VA this morning, fog and all!!!  every thing went good there.  so I should be going down the home stretch for the healing.. the tests today showed what the Doc guessed more blockage in the right cafe...  so maybe more surgery in the future for me..  but I am walking some better...   have to go to Alex tomorrow morning and get a few things..  oh almost forgot, the VA was soooo empty too!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!