Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904485 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. .98" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. with a few snowflakes here & there. Supposed to be flurries & drizzle most of the day. Sure glad that burning restriction is in place!  :rolleyes:  Forecast is less optimistic for today than it was 3 or 4 days ago so we may not move animals around as expected. Have a hunk of a tree that fell on the fence so will need to deal with that first. Otherwise will find plenty of putz projects to play with between bottle lamb feedings and chores. Think the Gunsmoke marathon is on INSP today so may have to catch a few of those.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, we have an inch of sloppy wet slush on the lawn. Tree branches all over. Time fer coffee.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, First thing I found out upon getting to work yesterday is that we have our first confirmed case there. The food chains gotta keep going though, I think this is going to be a long haul.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, when people won't stay home, and party it up with all their buddies coming and going every day, since they're not working, does anyone think thats going to contain it? It's not. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty much going to run it's course.

Other than that, cloudy and really windy here. 38* and received .75" rain last nite along with some garden-variety boomers. Looks like a big warm up is coming tomorrow....and sun.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 10:59:55 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, First thing I found out upon getting to work yesterday is that we have our first confirmed case there. The food chains gotta keep going though, I think this is going to be a long haul.
read the paper this morning that an 85 year old gal died in paynseville due to compications of covid. that's 17 miles west of me on hwy 23.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
4 more deaths overnight and 4 new counties now. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: last i heard we were at 5???? so now its 9????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

(ABC 6 News) - The latest information as of March 29, 2020 on coronavirus in Minnesota according to the Minnesota Department of Health:

Updated March 29, 2020 11:42 a.m.

Approximate number of tests completed by MDH: 7,703

Approximate number of tests completed by external labs: 9,954

Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 503

Patients who no longer need to be isolated: 252

Patients in the hospital: 39 as of Sunday

Total number of patients hospitalized: 57

Total number of deaths as of Sunday: 9

Counties and cases in Minnesota:

County   Cases
Anoka   12
Beltrami   2
Benton   1
Big Stone   1
Blue Earth   7
Carver   9
Cass   1
Chisago   1
Clay   4
Dakota   33
Dodge   6
Faribault   1
Fillmore   5
Goodhue   2
Hennepin   152
Hubbard   1
Jackson   1
Kandiyohi   1
Lac qui Parle   1
Le Sueur   11
Lincoln   1
Mahnomen   1
Martin   19
Mower   11
Nicollet   3
Olmsted    47
Ramsey   42
Renville   1
Rice   3
Scott   8
Sherburne   5
Sibley   1
St. Louis   5
Stearns   5
Steele   5
Wabasha   4
Waseca   3
Washington   25
Wilkin   1
Winona   4
Wright   5
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 01:17:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there in one case of the virus in Douglas county too...  that's what I read earlier... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So Ramsey & Olmsted counties are still # 2 & 3? :shocked: :doah: Be careful guys!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Read an article from MDH that says counties with the MOST DIVERSE POPULATIONS have the highest amount of cases... :rolleyes:    :lipsrsealed:

More diversity, please!
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 01:18:02 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We were gonna try to round up some supplies today but stayed home instead.  Although I did get our hunting n fishing license taking care of online of course.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We were gonna try to round up some supplies today but stayed home instead.  Although I did get our hunting n fishing license taking care of online of course.   :happy1:
musta not of needed bush lite!! :rotflmao:

Atta boy, you'll make someone proud :happy1: :rotflmao: be I'm friggin bored I'm hih v for a ski drive around the horseshoe chain here in a minute. Already spent some time out in the yard.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So Ramsey & Olmsted counties are still # 2 & 3? :shocked: :doah: Be careful guys!!
I see where Itasca doesn't have any so Gunner stay away. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'd drive through those infested counties. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just went for a short drive, maybe 10 miles and Osakis only had about 3 dozen people fishing on it... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose to be nice out the next few Mike,  maybe take the bike fer a cruise.  Wonder how many people got pulled over yesterday and today fer no reason? I didn't see any coppers yesterday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
none here either, and have seen any driving in the area either...  and there has been many bikes out too!!  all yesterday and Friday..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomorrow would be a good day for a ride....mid 50's and sunny! See a few bikes zooming out around here...including the drunken kiddies next door.  Had two guys on bikes over there yday. Cops here said they won't issue any misdeameanors unless it's a continuing issue, and then attempt to send people home. Said their intent is "not to ticket people". Tell 'em you were heading to the store for supplies.
If yer not congregating, and by yerself, I see no difference than someone going for a run or walking their dog; actually, there technically is no difference.

The order "does not encourage or recommend that an officer stop a person... simply for being out of their home," the letter states, "the reason should be related to other criminal conduct."
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 03:41:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to know, work gave us all a little "essential " work card to carry just in case during the week..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't advocate everyone running all over hell, but individuals out on their own for fresh air is a needed thing, too. Mental health goes hand in hand with physical welfare, folks need to get away from this stuff for awhile daily, IMO. My prob is with the ones like i have next door; 4-5 buddies rolling up every night, then so drunk they spend the nite. That IS a ticketable offense under these circumstances, and classified as a misdemeanor.

Walz orders Minnesotans to stay at home. Here are exceptions to rule and what is [/i]open

The order "does not encourage or recommend that an officer stop a person... simply for being out of their home," the letter states, "the reason should be related to other criminal conduct."

The letter also states workers should also not be required to carry proof that they work in an exempt critical industry.

If law enforcement is called to a place of business or a home because there may be a violation of the order, such as a party or a restaurant dining room remaining open, the Department of Public Safety encourages police to "first attempt to investigate through cooperation," according to the letter.

"Treat these gatherings as you would treat a loud party or disturbance call," the letter states. "Have people safely disperse."

The letter states that the enforcement rule in the stay-at-home order "is not intended to be invoked for all violations." Instead, police should only issue misdemeanors or take people into custody after refusing or failing to comply twice.

The kiddies next door are Real close to getting a ticket...the law is the law, especially when it comes to lives.  Whoop it up every nite? C'mon, grow up. Or learn the hard way.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 03:55:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Itasca doesn't have any so Gunner stay away. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'd drive through those infested counties. :mooning: :rotflmao:
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Not if we  go our usual way, we can wave to Boober then jump on 494/694 EB & we're not in Ramsey very much. That's much better than working there.  :moon: Goin around the other way is a PITA with all the construction. We like to be ~2 hours earlier, no later than 2:00-2:30, if we're goin around the west side.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 04:40:03 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose to be nice out the next few Mike,  maybe take the bike fer a cruise.  Wonder how many people got pulled over yesterday and today fer no reason? I didn't see any coppers yesterday.
when I went to Ramsey yesterday I seen a few coppers...…...they didn't look like they had any interest to pull anyone over for that reason. now i'm thinking if they where speeding of something like that, they'd inquire. and it isn't against the order to take a leisurely drive. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Not if we  go our usual way, we can wave to Boober then jump on 494/694 EB & we're not in Ramsey very much. That's much better than working there.  :moon: Goin around the other way is a PITA with all the construction. We like to be ~2 hours earlier, no later than 2:00-2:30, if we're goin around the west side.
:pouty: :pouty: well I tried to save Itasca county!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Because I handle 99% our financial matters (this does not include spending) I decided to give my wife a brief lesson on the how it gets here and where it goes. This morning I took advantage of all my spare time and assembled an "If I Die" package for my wife. No emotional heart felt notes or anything like that. Just detailed information on where all the money is, where our income comes from, how the bills are paid, who to contact that could help her sort things out and stuff like that. I also included a list of how to access all the accounts.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow's tasks will be.  :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
great idea deadeye...……..since I don't have anything......one less list for me!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
damn good idea, when my wife passed away I had no idea what had to be payed and where things were...  I'm still looking for some paper work!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
on my cruise around the lakes, I drove past my moms place. I noticed she has a tree that snapped off. it is still hanging up in another tree and it wont cause any damage to any buildings, so there is that. I may need to bring my wheeler up to get that out of the other tree. so I got a project next Saturday but a few things t0 do before that. mainly take the chains off the wheeler. don't think mom would appreciate a ripped up lawn. :evil: :evil:

so that got me thinking...….. :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes: maybe go get the boat out of her shed. i talked to my FW, and she gave me the WTF for already look. her spot for her car in the garage is lost when the boat is home. when i reasoned with her and said its for something for me to do and get me outta her hair..............she was all in!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Because I handle 99% our financial matters (this does not include spending) I decided to give my wife a brief lesson on the how it gets here and where it goes. This morning I took advantage of all my spare time and assembled an "If I Die" package for my wife. No emotional heart felt notes or anything like that. Just detailed information on where all the money is, where our income comes from, how the bills are paid, who to contact that could help her sort things out and stuff like that. I also included a list of how to access all the accounts.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow's tasks will be.  :pouty:

Done that for t he last few years..  starting to wonder if she is trying to tell me something    :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Very smart moves. :happy1: When Mom first got sick and I was made guardian/POA, the first thing I did was move all her money to her own acct, and as she got worse, went and bought burial insurance, made the plans, picked out the casket, service to be had etc. Also locked up all her jewelry/rings which are considered personal effects that can be kept. Just too bad her jerk of a husband had no type of insurance on them, every cent, including everything left in her will to me, was ordered sold by the state to pay for her care. Things get pretty nasty if ya don't have a good attorney and a head for money. Good to make plans like that, deadeye.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 06:18:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We ended up watching the Kominsky method on Netflix yesterday and finished today, pretty good you old farts will enjoy it. :happy1: