Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903337 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
SSDD here. Fed bottle lambs. Got the tree limbs off the electric fence, got lit up in the process. There's  a reason the sheep don't mess with it. DId chores, replaced a couple bulbs with the LED's in the pole barn afterwards. Liked what I saw. Package said good for wet location & full enclosures. Appear brighter than the 150 watt incandescents, sorta like the LED yardlight we put in vs.the sodium vapor light from the REC. Nice night. Wind went down, sun came out just before sunset. Think I'll sit outside a while, have a beer & listen for the chorus frogs. 👍
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well I really hate to be nice to Yea since every mail day could lead to an unknown, but you have an enjoyable nite bud!!👍 :happy1: :cool:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So Ramsey & Olmsted counties are still # 2 & 3? :shocked: :doah: Be careful guys!!
I see where Itasca doesn't have any so Gunner stay away. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'd drive through those infested counties. :mooning: :rotflmao:
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Not if we  go our usual way, we can wave to Boober then jump on 494/694 EB & we're not in Ramsey very much. That's much better than working there.  :moon: Goin around the other way is a PITA with all the construction. We like to be ~2 hours earlier, no later than 2:00-2:30, if we're goin around the west side.
:pouty: :pouty: well I tried to save Itasca county!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :bonk: So who's gonna save it from you?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Lot more to be concerned about up there. :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I really hate to be nice to Yea since every mail day could lead to an unknown, but you have an enjoyable nite bud!!👍 :happy1: :cool:
  :shocked: :scratch: :doah:                                                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here heading for the upper 40s. What a nice weekend weather wise. Back to the real world. I took the weekend off from all the covid crap. I didn't listen or look at the news. The only thing I heard was from you guys in here. Got a little bit of my sanity back, at least what little I had. So now back to all the fun and games. I got no letter saying we could be out away from home like I have heard of some people got. But, then our forefathers  wrote a letter 200 some years ago that says I can be out. :happy1: Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here going for 56..   that will be nice!! it will change the looks of the ice for sure...   nothing special today, so I'll just go with the day...  have not heard any thing this morning except the pres wants us to stay home until April 30th now...  everyone will be bonkers!!!  Have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes this is going to last more than the original 2 weeks.  We went for a drive yesterday.  Then it was so nice we went for a walk too.  Then we binged Ozarks again.  I see there is one in Ottertail Cty now.  That's where my brother lives.  I don't think he reads any newspapers or listens to any news so it was news to him that it is getting closer to him.  You can look at the map and tell where people are moving around more and spreading the CV.  Of course it is mainly more populated areas.  The accesses have barricades blocking them off.  I sure hope it stops the flow of people that come up here. Some are actually mad about it.  So a fish is more important than their life.  ?????  Idjuts are everywhere it seems.  Gonna have Cheerios today.  Having a real coffee today.  Will have to go for a walk to wear it off.  LL  Youse all have a great day and be safe. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 30* & we might hit 60* today. The fcast is actually sayin 58*, so we'll see. We have an early mission today as my brother made an appt to have the brakes on his car looked at & they open at 8, I think. So we'll drop it off then in case they can get at it a little ahead of time. Other than that not much new down here, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes this is going to last more than the original 2 weeks.  We went for a drive yesterday.  Then it was so nice we went for a walk too.  Then we binged Ozarks again.  I see there is one in Ottertail Cty now.  That's where my brother lives.  I don't think he reads any newspapers or listens to any news so it was news to him that it is getting closer to him.  You can look at the map and tell where people are moving around more and spreading the CV.  Of course it is mainly more populated areas.  The accesses have barricades blocking them off.  I sure hope it stops the flow of people that come up here. Some are actually mad about it.  So a fish is more important than their life.  ?????  Idjuts are everywhere it seems.  Gonna have Cheerios today.  Having a real coffee today.  Will have to go for a walk to wear it off.  LL  Youse all have a great day and be safe.
Hopefully the river doesn't open up past wheelers before walleye season closes because the DNR has no intention of closing the access there. The DNR has control over Wheelers access and the Manitou rapids access.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that access JB.  The water is between Frontier and Vidas now but lots of shore ice yet. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all. Woke up not sure if it was Saturday or Sunday. It's Monday.  :doofus:
 30* and frost everywhere.  Gad, where's the cawfee............... :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 08:42:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's with bright sunshine no less. A trace of precip in the last 24 hrs. Hopefully it will dry out a little for a couple days until the rain comes back Wed. Heard a few chorus frogs last nite when I went out to feed bottle lambs about 10 p.m. When I was having a beer earlier on the patio the ducks and geese were so loud it drowned out the frogs calling. Need to make a trip to town to do a little busines stuff after a bit but will make it quick. Even farmers need to get used to planning ahead by calling, texting or emailing for appts. rather than just figuring people are sitting around waiting for them to drop in. Saw a report last nite where a farmer was interviewed and he was aware of how the virus could get out here more easily than one thinks by being ignorant or careless. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that access JB.  The water is between Frontier and Vidas now but lots of shore ice yet. 
There's a little open water on Williams Narrows webcam on Cutfoot today guys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ice is out on St. Olaf Lake as of this a.m.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 09:27:35 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pepin at LC/Red Wing is way high.........

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to be awhile yet before we see open water on the lake here.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wait for the sun to melt my blocking boards from my fish house since it is right here by the house.  Frees them right up.  Just got them into my storage house on shore.  There is still 2' of ice here.  Maybe more.  I wouldn't think the lake has even started to melt.  Still have a foot of snow in the yard. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
This spot is a high current area just downstream, 1/4-1/2 mile from where they (DNR) set the nets for the walleyes to take the spawn. That's on the other side of Hwy 46 just east of the resort, they're normally in there sometime in the next 2-3 weeks gettin that done. Somewhere between 600-800 qts of fertilzed eggs are then taken in to GR most years.     

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This spot is a high current area just downstream, 1/4-1/2 mile from where they (DNR) set the nets for the walleyes to take the spawn. That's on the other side of Hwy 46 just east of the resort, they're normally in there sometime in the next 2-3 weeks gettin that done. Somewhere between 600-800 qts of fertilzed eggs are then taken in to GR most years.     
gunner...…..don't get me started on the DNR!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they take these eggs from a lake that can naturally reproduce and stcck them in lakes that dont.............YET...…wont friggin put some new  fish that are natural to the lake in lakes that had winter kill...…... :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :taz: :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

there now i feel better. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ANS i will be responding to that  :bs: email they replied to me. i just gotta figure out how nice or nasty i wanna be. :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can always mail them something... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You can always mail them something... :rotflmao:
not if I wanna stay outta jail!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner...…..don't get me started on the DNR!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they take these eggs from a lake that can naturally reproduce and stcck them in lakes that dont.............YET...…wont friggin put some new  fish that are natural to the lake in lakes that had winter kill...…... :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :taz: :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

there now i feel better. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ANS i will be responding to that  :bs: email they replied to me. i just gotta figure out how nice or nasty i wanna be. :sleazy:
:shocked: Maybe  :scratch: some of them were union thugs :evil: too when they were younger.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                                              ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 12:35:36 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So Ramsey & Olmsted counties are still # 2 & 3? :shocked: :doah: Be careful guys!!
I see where Itasca doesn't have any so Gunner stay away. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'd drive through those infested counties. :mooning: :rotflmao:
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Not if we  go our usual way, we can wave to Boober then jump on 494/694 EB & we're not in Ramsey very much. That's much better than working there.  :moon: Goin around the other way is a PITA with all the construction. We like to be ~2 hours earlier, no later than 2:00-2:30, if we're goin around the west side.
:pouty: :pouty: well I tried to save Itasca county!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :bonk: So who's gonna save it from you?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Lot more to be concerned about up there. :tut: :mooning: :pouty:

too late now for both of ya... they now have a case there too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too many idjits out there spreading it around. You can't contain it. I ran to grocery store quick and out to Menardo's. Steered clear of everyone, and knew what I wanted and where. In and out in 5 mns. Was grabbing a can of spray paint when the guy that was stocking the shelves starts sneezing away right behind me...right into the air. Felt like spraying him in the face with my paint... :angry2:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know if I trust the low infection reporting numbers coming out of China, but I know two things...

People can't rely on a vast medical system to care for them if they get sick - so they know how to not infect other people.  They have experience with viral epidemics.

They are used to obeying government orders - or else.

Sadly, respect for one's fellow man and obedience to regulations are not traits that many Americans excel at.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right....the last part. A couple neighbor's wandered over when I was outside painting, chatted me up. In a nutshell, they've had it with the kiddie's (28 yo "kiddies")  next door having their buddies in and out every day, and their Thursday nite drinking/pool parties crap, too.
Sooo....when the buddies all roll up  again, each neighbor is calling the cops to demand it stop. Could be real interesting over here this week....  :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw internet post that went viral and turned into a "news" story - so I'm sure it was all properly vetted...  :scratch:

But apparently the father of one of those chuckle-heads who went down to spring break in Florida won't let him back into the house.  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well at least the father has some brains.  Good for him.  So you got it now huh Rebs?  Should of stayed home. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Needed laundry soap and food! And I ain't got it! Gots to get supplies, ya know! Last time I was out was last Wedneday!
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 04:31:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way, that's a hot commodity...Menardo's was ALL OUT of laundry soap.. :doah: