Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901134 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Supposed to be some rain starting mid afternoon gradually turning into freezing rain by tomorrow afternoon. Just hope it doesn't pull a stunt like last April & knock power out for a couple days. Otherwise not much going on. Decided a week ago today to go into relative isolation. We're coping OK so far but eventually we need to get back to work. It's what we do.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have found that I like the 100% Colombian decaf. We get the whole bean coffee since we have a grind and brew coffee maker. I do like the darker roasts but the decaf french roasts beans just don't seem to taste as good to me as the colombian. I have found a couple of good ones on Amazon. I have also tried some when the coffee shop was in Roseau. Then he switched suppliers and now they are gone.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I have found that I like the 100% Colombian decaf. We get the whole bean coffee since we have a grind and brew coffee maker. I do like the darker roasts but the decaf french roasts beans just don't seem to taste as good to me as the colombian. I have found a couple of good ones on Amazon. I have also tried some when the coffee shop was in Roseau. Then he switched suppliers and now they are gone.
Probably the best decaf that you can find at most stores is good old fashion 8’ o’clock coffee. Smooth but has a little extra flavor. If you find a type that you like in regular coffee they almost always make a decaf, just hard to find sometimes. Some companys online will offer sample packs of their coffee so you can try a couple different ones without buying a whole pound and have it taste like crap and your stuck with it. PM me your address and I’ll get a sample of our decaf out to you in a couple of days.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we used to occasionally do decaf..but gave that up for the no flavor. so its all the high octane stuff for us. I cant really say i'm a coffee conisoure but I like a good tasting cup of JO!!!!!

and the best coffee I/ve ever had is the stuff we order is the Tanzanian coffee from the Mr. coffee guy!!!!!!!! and we only treat ourselves to it on the weekends!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
PM sent Coffee. Thanks

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a real cheap basket to put our own coffee in to use in our Kuerig.  Was kind of a pain but I'm thinking I may have to go back to that to get some Low Lead with big flavor.   I heard that decaf does have some caffeine in it yet.  I just talked to the wife about this deal.  We are not connoisseurs but we enjoy buying different things.  I guess we do like Colombian or Dark Roasts when we buy coffee.   Strong buy not over the top.  She even buys some Vanilla Hazelnut stuff that is good on Sat morn.  I will buy a better refillable thing and maybe it will work better too.  I will PM you too if that is ok?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is that Tanzanian stuff Glenn buys from you like?  And do you have a website?
« Last Edit: April 04/02/20, 05:11:16 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is that Tanzanian stuff Glenn buys from you like?  And do you have a website?
its really hard to explain, but its got a really good mellow flavor. i'm not into flavored coffee's and I drink mine black.

maybe coffee can explain the flavor. I really like the ground bean route, holiday gas stations went that way and I love it. just something about the fresh taste of fresh ground beans.

some time back I won some sort of contest hear, which isn't unusual, so he sent me this Tanzanian coffee. been hooked since. so when I need more I PM him, he sends coffee, and I send him the money. AND I've looked in every store I/ve been in since and they don't carry it around here so he's got a monopoly on the stuff!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we used to do the Geviala untill they decided they were just gonna send us some every so often and wanted us to give them the info to take payments automaticlly. i told them to go pack sand!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to the whole program. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
The roaster I get my coffee from you have to have a business and order so much a year to get from them, you just can’t order off the street. I’ll send a sample of a each of my roasts, I have 4. Here is a description of the Tanzanian. I also have a Colombian( mild), Palermo(bold), and decaf.

The peaberry coffee delivers a full-bodied flavor that is spicy with a distinguished aroma and vibrant flavor. The peaberry is the male bean of the plant, a bean of unmatched uniformity. This coffee grows on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. The bean itself is so rare it represents less than 5% of Tanzania's coffee production.

Ruvuma is a region in southwestern Tanzania, named after the Ruvuma River which flows along the southern border with Mozambique. For some time, Ruvuma has produced high quality coffee, but the combined inaccessibility of the region, poor infrastructure, and uncertain political situation have prevented this coffee from consistently reaching the international market. These unfortunate circumstances seem to be changing to some extent, and the farmers in the area as well as the coffee consumers are both benefiting. New and refurbished pulperies have been able to pay the farmer the same price he would receive if he had processed the coffee at home. In return they have been able to take better care in tending and harvesting the coffee. We are happy to be able to offer this high-quality coffee.

Altitude: 3,900 - 5,900 Feet (1,189 - 1,799 Meters)
Varietal: Arusha, Bourbon
Process: Wet process
Drying: Sun and mechanically dried on patios
Harvest: June - October
Export: November - March

CUPPING NOTES: peach , black tea , grape fruit - roasted at medium

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ll send the package to you guys on Monday after work. My employee is scared to work during this crisis so I’ve been going without a day off for 3 weeks now and she’s not coming back at least until may 1st, so I’ve been dragging ass after work. My grass is almost a foot high already so I’ll have to attend to some house work this weekend. Thanks and I hope y’all enjoy it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey no hurry Coffee. Tend to business and when you get time take care of me.  And we will order something from you.  Thanks and don't overdo it.  I hope you are getting business in these times. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ll send the package to you guys on Monday after work. My employee is scared to work during this crisis so I’ve been going without a day off for 3 weeks now and she’s not coming back at least until may 1st, so I’ve been dragging ass after work. My grass is almost a foot high already so I’ll have to attend to some house work this weekend. Thanks and I hope y’all enjoy it.

Grass?  You have grass?   Mine is barely getting a hint of green, although some of the  daffodils are up maybe 3 inches.   

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey no hurry Coffee. Tend to business and when you get time take care of me.  And we will order something from you.  Thanks and don't overdo it.  I hope you are getting business in these times.
Business has been ok considering the circumstances. I’ve been down about $100 a day in sales. I’m making enough to pay my wage and the bills. I’m not making a profit but at least the I’m still open and staying afloat which is a lot better than a lot of people so Im considering myself very lucky and thankful. It’s not a time to be greedy just thankful.

Grass?  You have grass?   Mine is barely getting a hint of green, although some of the  daffodils are up maybe 3 inches.   
Yes the grass is high and green. It’s been fertilized twice this year already. I could’ve cut it last weekend but was busy. It was a warm winter, I only had to shovel snow twice and sweep the sidewalk off a few times. Saved money in salt  this year :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  The county truck came by this morning from town so it was still a bit slippery going in this morning. 45 mph and all was fine, but do drive careful if you're out in Western MN. GREEN GRASS??? Can't wait, sick of looking at the brown stuff. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeh, don't bust your but for us Coffee. When and if you get a chance to send it we will be grateful. But take care of yourself and business first.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 here this morning heading for a high of 28 today. Roads were icy this morning. Da wife could only drive 45 mph this morning. Was snowing lightly with freezing rain yet this morning. No big plans this weekend, just plan to fish out front. I picked up a scoop of minners last night. Hoping da fish are hungry this weekend. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, ice cycles hanging out there!!  19 here and maybe go up 10 degrees's.  again not a lot going on, I'll just watch the day go by again!!!  have a good and safe day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Icicles on everything here too.  Last night I let the dogs out at 2am.  It was 28 degrees and was raining like crazy yet.  Weird.  It was just starting to freeze on the deck and ol Sammy was having a hard time getting up the steps so I had to go out and help him.  I didn't think he would make it through the winter but he is happy and hanging in there.  We hug him lots every day.  Bob caught a mouse last night.  LL  She is a pretty cool cat.  Buddy is doing great too.  Coffee it is so hard to believe that your winter weather is so much warmer than ours.  Are you in Philly?  We just got a little snow last night.  Windy here now.  Well you all have a great Friday.  Stay safe.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 31* & might make 35*,  :scratch: I think we hit 65* yday. Some really light freezing drizzle here to so they're warnin people of slick roads. We picked up my brothers car just before they closed yday & that's all that went on here. Went for a little walk after we got home as it was so nice, quite a few others out too. A good day for stayin in today, have a good 1, & stay healthy.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
.  Coffee it is so hard to believe that your winter weather is so much warmer than ours.  Are you in Philly?  We just got a little snow last night.  Windy here now.  Well you all have a great Friday.  Stay safe.
I’m about 20 miles east of Pittsburgh. We had an unusually warm winter this year, it was a weird one for sure. Nice sunny morning, 49 now going up to 60 and pretty much the same for tomorrow. Just here slinging coffee and maybe make some stir fry for supper. Yinz all have a good day and be safe.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. roads like good here, no ice cycles either. 25 and wind!!!!! gotta go.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. roads like good here, no ice cycles either. 25 and wind!!!!! gotta go.

don't forget to use TP!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: had a 9 am conference call you doofus!!!!!!! :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: had a 9 am conference call you doofus!!!!!!! :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

how the heck do we know that????????   ya doofus!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope glenn wiped! Adds new meaning to "greasy skid stuff"!  :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Made 60 here yesterday. .17" of rain & freezing rain at the ranch in the overnite. Grass was crunchy during chores. More isolation on tap altho I have plenty of bookwork considering I feel like I haven't been doing much. Some SBA pandemic things to look into today that my accountant turned me onto so have some of those applications to fill out. Pruned the fruit apple trees as high as I could reach so if it warms up Sunday I can finish those. I like being outside if I can. Sleet falling again. On the lookout for the dreaded graupel... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
to hell with it.....i'm leaving work early!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The ground has turned white again here as we've had some light snow since ~ 4. A bit more ice than predicted this mornin too..
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon